2024 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 258 comments
Yay for Mostert, finally. Sucks Wood couldn't hold on for 3rd but his time will come.
Wood is definitely quick... and the only one to be quick in the 2nd WAU car in ages. Could it be due to the engineering change? Maybe they have a more traditional approach now The Big Ginge isn't there, so it's easier for Wood to adapt to than what others have had.

Last edited:
Super impressed by Wood to be this close to front after a few rounds. Just a couple of years ago WAU were shocking at Wanneroo, always at the back.

Stanaways accident could’ve been much larger if he hit the old pit entry which he almost did, got very lucky.

My cynical side thinks he's trying to create the false pretence of GM being involved to suck some of the more gullible, and the casual ex-Holden supporters in to supporting them because he never mentions a Ford factory team.
Despite being a GM supporter if Ford is the only one willing to pull weight, they might as well make it a Ford Mustang one make series and expand on that further with a deal of some kind to make more for the other teams, get the bleeding done faster instead of slowly like it has been with "parity"

Last edited:
Despite being a GM supporter if Ford is the only one willing to pull weight, they might as well make it a Ford Mustang one make series and expand on that further with a deal of some kind to make more for the other teams, get the bleeding done faster instead of slowly like it has been with "parity"
I've kind of gone off the whole manufacturer supporter thing since the introduction of the ZedBee and Mutantstang. I still have a bit of a soft spot for Ford but it's nothing like what it used to be, and I like drivers and teams from both sides of the brand divide now (and having an FPV and an HSV in my garage doesn't hurt either :P).

I don't think Ford wants to pitch in any more than they already do. Pretty sure MSR wanted to convert to running Mustangs but they were told by Ford that they didn't want any more teams. Something along the lines of ''Quality over quantity'', which I thought was a bit uncalled for. A polite 'thanks for your enquiry, but we're not willing to fund any more teams at this time' would've sufficed.

Perhaps getting rid of all manufacturers and running a full on silhouette series would be best, but I think the cars would have to be much cheaper, like they were supposed to be, for that to happen.

If SC wanted to hold on their IP crutch I’m sure there are designers and engineers here who could conjure up a good purpose built car for all teams.

If SC wanted to hold on their IP crutch I’m sure there are designers and engineers here who could conjure up a good purpose built car for all teams.
For sure, and independent too! You only have to look as far as MARC to know that (but I know you already know that :sly:).

Why is there a practice session on a third day of a race weekend and after there's already been one race?
Not sure but I don’t mind it, feels like a classic Sunday morning warm up session.

The total qualifying session feels longer than what the races are this weekend. No idea why they decided to go with 2 short races when there’s hardly any rounds in the first place. Even more annoying is that they’re such an awkward length, not short enough to be a proper sprint race a la the Grand Prix races, and not long enough to be 2 stop strategy races.

I miss the much earlier formats from the 2000s where it was one Qualifying Session and the races were back to back with positions based on the previous race which made it feel like 1 complete round divided into Legs.

I get why they dont do it anymore because they want Saturday and Sunday to have the "full experience" instead of investing in the whole weekend but the Sunday event and especially the last race felt more special

Last edited:
Thought the general rule was if you make contact with someone and it makes them go off the road, its an automatic 15 second penalty? Guess because Randle didn't lose any places (immediately at least), they didn't judge it to be as severe? Just not sold on Brown getting the same time penalty as Mostert did. lol

Thought the general rule was if you make contact with someone and it makes them go off the road, its an automatic 15 second penalty? Guess because Randle didn't lose any places (immediately at least), they didn't judge it to be as severe? Just not sold on Brown getting the same time penalty as Mostert did. lol
I thought Will Davison passed him before he got back up to speed. It should've been 10 seconds IMHO, 15 seconds might've been too harsh. 5 is for a bump and run, 15 is for spinning someone, and this was in between the two so 10 feels right to me.

I looked at the gap at the time and it was over 5 seconds from Brown to WD and told my wife "It'll be a 5 second penalty so he doesn't lose a place". I hate being right sometimes. :indiff:

Interesting that JW said there's a no contact rule in pit lane this year, which is slightly different to previous years where light contact was ok. Hopefully they'll be consistent with this one because they've shown in the past that this rule can change mid season... and it just happened to be a T8 car making the light contact that changed the rule back then... and this was after others had already been pinned for light contact under the no contact rule. :rolleyes:

Also noticed Race Control managed to pin a car for driving into the side of another car when they exited their pit box. I wonder why it was too hard last time. :confused:

Consistently inconsistent... as always.

Races were too short... or there should've been two on Sunday. Not enough racing IMHO.

Edited to add: Randle was just able to cut in front of ADP, so he definitely lost a spot from the contact with WB.

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
Edited to add: Randle was just able to cut in front of ADP, so he definitely lost a spot from the contact with WB.
Ah, okay. Admittedly I only saw the replay of the incident after Brown got the penalty for it (Started channel surfing a bit after Mostert got his penalty because I had a feeling on how the race was going to turn out. lol). Thought there was a larger gap to the DJR cars behind Randle and Brown. 10 seconds would have been more fair.
Consistently inconsistent... as always.
Is this not the series' motto, already? :lol:

Wonder why van Leeuwen hasn't written about it on Speedcafe yet? He was pretty quick to break the media silence on the whole Kosteki/Ryan/Erebus incident, even when asked not to, but not so much when the story is about him. :odd:

I know it's his job, and that Barry Ryan can be a knob, but he probably had a serve coming to him for all the 💩 he started. He was definitely a major cog in the whole ''it could've been handled better'' wheel IMHO.

Last edited:
Wonder why van Leeuwen hasn't written about it on Speedcafe yet? He was pretty quick to break the media silence on the whole Kosteki/Ryan/Erebus incident, even when asked not to, but not so much when the story is about him. :odd:

I know it's his job, and that Barry Ryan can be a knob, but he probably had a serve coming to him for all the 💩 he started. He was definitely a major cog in the whole ''it could've been handled better'' wheel IMHO.
Good point actually. Speedcafe seems less and less credible and more clickbait, which they have been called out on a lot of the last 12 months or so. So it wouldn’t surprise for sure that hes written something he shouldn’t.

Latest Posts

Back