A Test Drive Unlimited Sequel is On Its Way From WRC Developer Kylotonn

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,006 comments
The graphics feel very xbox one generation like FH3 and NFS Payback.
All current open world racers (of which 2 of 3 are crossgen) look way better.

Everything is going to bank on the physics, map and the game structure to carry this game.

There seems to be something resembling a battle pass mentioned in the different editions of the game too, which doesn't bode well.
If a battle pass is ingame it would be a deal breaker for me. I've been lightly keeping up with solar crown news for a while and I'm really sad to hear that.

2 days early or 7 days early. Beta Access or VIP Beta Access? A Solar Pass & then a VIP Solar Pass?

Then you have 2 editions that have 4 items unique to them each, purposely done this way to entice people to buy the Gold Edition as the better deal. Both Silver Editions are $20 over the normal $60, so if you combined their content, they'd be $40 naturally. But, Gold is priced at $90, so you save yourself $10 & get whatever VIP Beta & Solar Pass include.

I will say this is not the most money-squeezing layout I've seen for an upcoming game & its different "editions" given the game is under $100 all in (where as some games with this new idea of multiple editions & content exceed that figure easily), but it's still proper evidence of how absurd the gaming industry has gotten with Pre-Orders. At the prices these games are charging for higher-tier editions, I remember when you used to get real, physical items that made the prices justifiable.

Last edited:
Game as a service...another one. Right now maybe i wait for some discount sadly
Same for me. I wait for a long time now and wanted to support the Nacon Crew but there is simply no need for me to preorder. So far this release is being accompanied sub-optimal, haven't seen less hype for a long time...

I've asked an Insider YouTuber Alex VII and yes, it'll be possible to switch clans, but your rep. with the previous one gets wiped.

Last edited:
As far as we know, it's still going to be an always-online game, with forced multiplayer. Until that changes, if it ever does, I'm staying away from this one. And I love the TDU games.

P.S. - The smallest map of the entire series, by far, and this is the one that's supposed to be the MMO?
Unless they change forced multiplayer i wont buy it either regardless of how good they other aspects are. I really hope they reconsider to change that.

Yes I still think car models in TDU SC looks like from a PS3 game. Definitely inferior to models from PS4/XBone games. FH3 or NFS 2015 car models looks a generation better.

Anyway I'm extremely glad they gave us a release date.
Ok, NFS 2015 has really nice car models. But please by the love of god, don‘t give Forza more praise than it deserves. The car models in Horizon and Motorsport are just as inconsistent as they seem to be in TDU (Silvia, Golf R32, R32 Skyline, the atrocious Evo 6 from that track reveal trailer).

Ok, NFS 2015 has really nice car models. But please by the love of god, don‘t give Forza more praise than it deserves. The car models in Horizon and Motorsport are just as inconsistent as they seem to be in TDU (Silvia, Golf R32, R32 Skyline, the atrocious Evo 6 from that track reveal trailer).
I'm not praising Forza. I'm just surprised about graphics of a game that is current gen only. I certainly didn't expect GT7 poly count. I was expecting better graphics than the Crew2 though. At the end graphics are not a deal breaker for me. I'm just surprised that is all. SC will be compared to the latest open world racers and right now we can only compare graphics.

Well KT was never famous for super well detailed cars. But im hoping for a decent handling open world car game for once.

I was just looking thru some less sim racing games, for a change a little from my usual, since i got a little bored.
But doesn't seem like the crew games, grid legends, nfs games or burnout paradise even, they'd be satisfying handling, and maybe design wise too, and cringy presentation doesn't help.

Just got circuit superstar and im loving that, a change from using the wheel and pedal.
Looking forward to get art of rally, absolute drift, wreckfest maybe.

Last edited:
Back