Motegi is Coming Back to Gran Turismo, Says Super GT Driver

• Thread starter Famine
  • 125 comments
I do think a track will come to GT7 in May or June.

But we’ve really had no indication from in-game data Motegi is imminent. There’s a list doing the rounds and, as far as I’m aware, Motegi hasn’t been mentioned.

I’d be happy with a test track or some kind of online meeting place like we saw with the Top Gear track in GT5.
If it's just getting scanned last week then it makes sense that there would be no in-game data yet. And it's unlikely we could expect it until next year at least.

I do think a track will come to GT7 in May or June.

But we’ve really had no indication from in-game data Motegi is imminent. There’s a list doing the rounds and, as far as I’m aware, Motegi hasn’t been mentioned.

I’d be happy with a test track or some kind of online meeting place like we saw with the Top Gear track in GT5.
I agree a track is imminent. I just don't see it realistically being anything other than Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Between all the datamine rumours about it and there being the first GTWS round in Montreal at the start of July, there's too much that lines up for me to think the next track is anything else.

Since Middle East seems to be the new frontier also for motorsport, I wouldn't mind if circuits like Bahrain, Dubai or Qatar arrived... Or even Abu Dhabi. Not Jeddah perhaps.

They are not exactly my favorite tracks, also because those countries have no motorsport tradition... But as I said before, we must take note that the Middle East is now becoming a new frontier in motorsport too.

I wouldn't mind a track in China (Shanghai or Zhuhai) either.
Honestly, Bahrain or the current Yas Marina layout would be pretty good.

If we're going with tracks that were raced in Super GT, Sepang or Buriram when?

Last edited:
Honestly, Bahrain or the current Yas Marina layout would be pretty good.

If we're going with tracks that were raced in Super GT, Sepang or Buriram when?
sepang could be great...maybe even istanbulpark..since doesn't hold any special events...couldn't be so expensive...and I don't remember when was/ last official game that holded licence

I agree a track is imminent. I just don't see it realistically being anything other than Circuit Gilles Villeneuve.

Between all the datamine rumours about it and there being the first GTWS round in Montreal at the start of July, there's too much that lines up for me to think the next track is anything else.
I didn't even realise a GTWS event was in Montreal - that does add a little credence to the possibility of Circuit Gilles Villeneuve arriving.

A real world track also seems more likely after two fictional tracks.

Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen seem a long time ago and are two of the best tracks in the game.

Road Atlanta and Watkins Glen seem a long time ago and are two of the best tracks in the game.
Agree. I find I’ve been using these more than any other tracks. Even though they’re both circuits, I don’t feel like I’m racing around from a start line to a finish line, if you understand. My focus is high on making sure I hit braking points and apexes. They both hold my interest after so many miles.

Back