Weekly Challenge Discussion Thread

• Thread starter GlockPants
  • 3,215 comments
This 🤡 🤡 💩 last race that i was 1 minute from the first in 3-4 lap!!!
The only way for a win is by cutting the last chikane....
Hey PD stop giving us 💩races... give us the qualifying!!!!

So...I realise now I post here bi-weekly, no guarantee I'll be doing every weekly from now on, as I might take a break from it soon, as I have all the cars now (infact since April 8th) but I didn't forget last weekly, for which I used the following (and as always hard AI w/PSVR2);
Screenshot_2024-05-28-19-10-29-302.jpeg
(The order I messed up on, first event is the car on the far right, the McLaren was for the final event)

Now as for this week...I wanted to have a weekly with no stress at all....but it seems the GT gods sais no to that, anyways here's my weekly rota, of which they are as shown (hard AI w/PSVR2);
Screenshot_2024-06-02-00-57-30-935.jpeg

1. moderatly tuned no turbo Toyota S-FR (CM tyres) - this one was actually shockingly close of a finish.....which would also happen later but still...this one took 2 attempts as I messed up the first one
  2. Lightly tuned Daihatsu copen (CS tyres) - with very little modifications aside from a medium range turbo being the big one, this thing punches far above it's weight, great little machine, won on 1nd attempt again because I rolled it on the chicane one lap.:lol:
  3. Lightly modified Volvo V40 (CS tyres) - I did initially try this with even less upgrades, but as it turns out the low close range gearbox was the ticket , combined with a low rpm turbo this thing definitely did well here, once again it took 2 attempts at least because of my earlier try with even less upgrades
  4. FULLY TUNED '05 mini cooper (SS tyres) - so....this one was a doozy, I first completed this event in 2nd with a near fully modified V40 (yes, a repeat car because I was curious) but then I wanted to win and beat that damn Alfa in an FF car......cue me trying and failing this event multiple times. Citroen DS3 on SM - fail, but very close....Renault Clio on SM - fail....then as a joke I thought I'd try the old mini cooper on SS tyres...as it actually needed SS tyres to reach 600pp.....turns out that might e been what I needed here, while the tyre choice was a ove what the AI use for the event, the rules allowed it so if I was gonna make this happen this was my best bet, so....this one took 7 attempts across many vehicles until I randomly tried the mini, which in itself took 2 attempts due to a bad gearbox setup on the first try. Superchargers > turbochargers
  5. Moderatly nerfed McLaren VGT (85% power, with 69kg ballast and RH Tyres) - so uhh, you know how the last event ended up being reslly stressfsul for me...I actually willingly said to myself I don't care where I come, as long as it counts - so I surrendered my goal of getting a victory on every race tish week, and besides wtc900 with these damn chase the rabbit scenarios are negative fun....and I did a few mistakes with the car, but crucially I did get 2nd.
6 🌟 parts ticket - weight reduction stage 5 for AMG GT black
6 🌟 car ticket - jaguar VGT roadster, not too bad of a reward...if I didn't own everything already, probably good money though.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed the KEI car race. Did it a bunch of times just because I really enjoy most all versions of Tokyo... WTC 900 was fish in a barrel with the 919 but I really enjoy that car so much. Absolutely planted. The Volvo was surprisingly awesome. I concur about looking at one for the wife for her next car... 😂

Really enjoyed the KEI car race. Did it a bunch of times just because I really enjoy most all versions of Tokyo... WTC 900 was fish in a barrel with the 919 but I really enjoy that car so much. Absolutely planted. The Volvo was surprisingly awesome. I concur about looking at one for the wife for her next car... 😂
In the last 6 months or so, Volvo have announced (in the UK...) that they'll only be making crossovers and SUV's...

Such a shame, as their estates have been stalwarts in that market...

You absolute LEGEND! This will be awesome to use for the weeklies!

Edit: this is what your randomizer chose for me. I'll have another go using all of these!

View attachment 1360796
Had another go at Race 1, 2, and 4 last night before bed, and between knocking up some new liveries...

I have a few of the Nissan 432's, and one in particular is orange with SS tyres (otherwise stock). Decided to use that one, and snuck in a win by only just over a car length with the BRZ right on my tail and me blocking him down the home straight!

Race 2 I used my swapped Beat with over 300hp (and somehow still under 400PP)! I was in the lead before the end of the first lap and went on to win by over 40s. This thing does over 250kph on the straights....

Race 4 I used the one and only Mangusta I've got, in completely stock form. While it's an absolute rocket, it's geared way too short and can't hang with the big boys on the straights. Still, I had two really fun laps around the Green Hell and managed 2nd place - nearly 40s behind Gallo in the Giulia.

Didn't have the patience to try the last race again so I have that one a miss. I've already run the Volvo race a couple more times with another V40 I've bought and tuned. Might run the randomizer again and have another go at the same three races tonight!

Edit:

Screenshot_20240602_072851_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Back