Fighterjets above Circuit de la Sarthe

• Thread starter Fruitcake
  • 41 comments
Netherlands
Netherlands
FruitcakeGT
When you start a Endurance @ La Sarthe look up when you are on the straight and you can see 7 jets with blue, white and red smoke which resembles the French flag :)

nice thouch by PD :cool:

(or am i not the first to notice?)

i never saw it before, i'll have to check it out, good job fruitcake
to everyone else...don't hate, appreciate...he atleast tried, and thats what really counts
also, knowing is half the battle...and other cartoon, life lesson, moral of the story sayings...
p.s. yeah, that didn't make sense to me either...

ya i was racing that race the other day and saw them. deffinatly a nice bit of sparkle for this game after all its the nuances that make a game memorable

I haven't been to Le Mans in GT4, but when I seen it in an old video, I was amazed. Not even "Le Mans 24 Hours" pulled this off. It kind of seemed like GT4 really studied the track and made it as close to what you'd see on TV (if you're lucky to get Le Mans coverage). And then, the fighter jets were a cool touch. If this is possible in GT4, whereas a track would have a certain special effect, imagine if GT5 had a nice effect for each track. Maybe imagine lightning bolts in the sky for the wet races. The Ridge Racer series had an interesting effect for almost every track. Everything from a plane flying by to fireworks.

But yeah, nice effect. Real cool, man. 👍

nd 4 holden spd
It's good to see the guys from GT made yet again more environment enhancements. 👍

Yes , they did.
But they should not , as this wastes more disk space and memory , while we have to play against opponents that are Absolutely Idiot and cant'save during 24h races and we miss the qualifying sessions and the "save settings" options .
Oh , but we have the fighterjets ... hooray ! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

I presume they would be the "Patrouille de France" the French Aerobatic team. They fly Dassault Dornier Alpha Jets.

I noticed this the other day...and I was happy it was during the rolling start because otherwise I would have rear-ended the guy infront of me...lol

I thought they were meant to be the British Red Arrows. As fighterjets cant carry the gas that you see. Also The Red Arrows are the only stunt team that uses red white and blue that I know of. And you may think why would the British Red Arrows be over a French track but hey the train in Cyprus so they get around. And also the Red, White and Blue is part of the English flag. And as I dont think you can zoom in to see what colour they are my guess is that they are The Red Arrow stunt team.

BMW_M3_GTR
I thought they were meant to be the British Red Arrows. As fighterjets cant carry the gas that you see. Also The Red Arrows are the only stunt team that uses red white and blue that I know of. And you may think why would the British Red Arrows be over a French track but hey the train in Cyprus so they get around. And also the Red, White and Blue is part of the English flag. And as I dont think you can zoom in to see what colour they are my guess is that they are The Red Arrow stunt team.
No, they're Alpha Jets. The trailing edge of the wing is swept back too much to be a Hawk.
</aircraft recognition dork>

In the 24hr race did they bother to change from night to day, etc? or is it always as you would see it in a 2-3 lap race?

alech
Yes , they did.
But they should not , as this wastes more disk space and memory , while we have to play against opponents that are Absolutely Idiot and cant'save during 24h races and we miss the qualifying sessions and the "save settings" options .
Oh , but we have the fighterjets ... hooray ! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:

Because of course all things are equal in cost of development time.

This is a cool effect that's probably very cheap to pull off (in my experience, it was probably 2 dudes on a weekend because they got a wild hair), whereas some of the other stuff you mention has different development impacts.

This happens all the time in games. Happens in my office with regularity. However, if one of us did something that was an overarching modification (like saving during 24h), that could cause real problems-- it has big impacts on testing and game balance.

I'm not an apologist by any means. I find the same flaws irritating. But I won't criticize features that were probably added because a couple of dudes got a crazy notion just because my favorite features weren't implemented.

keram
In the 24hr race did they bother to change from night to day, etc? or is it always as you would see it in a 2-3 lap race?

Nope................it does not change from light to dark (I guess the guys @ PD transfered the tracks of Nurbergring and Sarthe to the Antartic, where the light of day can last for days, for the 24hr enduro races!).

The fighter planes with the French Flag colored smoke is a nice touch...........but I would have preferred the changing between light to dark, day to night!

"And also the Red, White and Blue is part of the English flag."

Funny that, I've never seen blue in the St. George's cross. Doesn't the blue in the Union Jack come from the St. Andrew's flag (i.e from Scotland).... ;)

Sweet about the Jets, but if they want to make it a bit real they should have included day-night racing.Now that would be sweet watching the flames coming out of the exausts in dark 👍 :drool:

Cheers,

nd 4 holden spd
It's good to see the guys from GT made yet again more environment enhancements. 👍

speaking of, has anyone else seen the dude in the boat, in the lake @ trial moutnian?

if you are going reverse its off to the left of the 1st corner after the chicane on the strait.

environment enhancements are cool... but seriously?? a guy, in a boat, that you are only going to see if you sping out and get air over the curb... or drive the out of car modes.

WTF?? oh well, i guess it got a small laugh from me the first time i saw it.

I havent seen these jet's because I havent done any endurance races yet.....looks really cool :) 👍 .............do they make any sound????

BMW_M3_GTR

definitely the "Patrouille de France".

They fly each 14th July in Paris' sky (like the 4th July for USA)
with the same blue, white and red gaz.

BMW_M3_GTR

These are special. They are BITMAP fighterjets :D

It's a shame they didnt show the jets with every race on that track, I doubt I'll be doing the enduro on La Sarthe that often to be able to see them.

do they do it every lap? or every 10 minutes? or every final lap? or what?

No, only as the green flag drops at the verry begining of the 24 hours of lemans on both the chicaned and unchicaned tracks.

I wonder, does this or any other aerobatics team do a flyover at the beginning of the real 24 hours of lemans?

Latest Posts

Back