440's Photomode Gallery - Forza 3 *Update 6/18/2010* Hemi Challenger

• Thread starter 440 CHARGER
  • 1,195 comments
Nice pic, 440 👍👍
Here's my critique :P
Fantastic Colours! Motegi always does that :)
Car choice is great, thats a rarely seen car (both in the photo galleries and in real life!)
It looks like its going fast. Really fast! Perhaps a little too fast... or maybe I'm nitpicking, Anyways, the wheels IMO should be spinning faster to have the background blurred that much. Most of the car seems pretty clean (the headlights are fairly jaggy still though) and the glow on Bob's helmet is cool.
Good job!

Thanks Rev! Yeah, you are right about the wheels. They were the GT4 blur and I had to turn the shutter speed up a bit to keep the wheel shape in tact, so they aren't blurred enough. I could probably blur them a little more. Since they are very flat wheels they probably would'nt lose any depth. That's the main reason I don't like to do radial blurs on the wheels. They lose depth. And the headlights where horribly jaggy and edgy, and I was getting tired of cleaning things up and that was the last thing I got too, so perhaps they did'nt get my best efforts. But I really like the color too. It's one of my favorites in the color department. I'm glad you like it. I really appreciate the compliments, especially from you.:)

This pic looks amazing too mate,, The colors are awesome,, just as the details on the car.. The lights and the wheels look a bit odd to me,, but that is maybe just me.. Anyways fantastic work....again:)

It looks good, but the wheels aren't blurred a lot which makes the car look bad because it does not look like it's going as fast as the background. Some of that color (red / orange) doesn't go well onto the car either, that looks weird to me also. Other than that, I love the sky and how clean you made the car.

Dude your Dodge Garger pic look very good. and your Lexus im just loving it. You know what? I can still figure it out how you clean up your pics. Can you drop me some tips or something. Your are doin a great job around here buddy keep it up.

how do you make the wheels in many of your shots sooo like chromy and shiny? i just dont get how you do it...but you are awesome at it...i guess thats why i learned how to do blurs from your tutorial...ha thanks for making that by the way....

----- BMW M3 CSL @ TWIN RING MOTEGI -----
July 19, 2006
Click for full size

Thanks guys for the compliments on the Lexus and Charger. As for the shinny wheels, just purchase the PD "Bling Wheels", and bump up the contrast on them. That does the trick.​

Right click, saved as... Daaaaaamn dude. I'm lovin' that red on the road and the shadows and everything look fantastic 440. That car is sexy as well ;)

Can you help me in Photoshop again by any chance when you have some spare time? I was wondering if you can give me some more pointers :)

PLmatt91
Right click, saved as... Daaaaaamn dude. I'm lovin' that red on the road and the shadows and everything look fantastic 440. That car is sexy as well ;)

Can you help me in Photoshop again by any chance when you have some spare time? I was wondering if you can give me some more pointers :)

Sure. I have some time now, what do you need?

Um... Everything :)

I just really need more help with layers, because when you said that you shouldn't flatten the image until you are done... I personally don't know how to do that so I was wondering if you can help me out with that. Maybe teach me a way on how the stuff would work.

As for the background of the M3 picture, did you just add a gradient and then blur it??

PLmatt91
Um... Everything :)

I just really need more help with layers, because when you said that you shouldn't flatten the image until you are done... I personally don't know how to do that so I was wondering if you can help me out with that. Maybe teach me a way on how the stuff would work.

As for the background of the M3 picture, did you just add a gradient and then blur it??

To be completely honest and giving you good advice, you really don't ever even need to flatten the image. I know you don't like it when you have all of those layers all over the place, but if you just label them and keep track of them and keep them in the correct places, you should'nt have too much of a problem with them. Just pay attention to what layer you are working on all of the time, and if something seems to not be working right or something funny is occuring when you are trying to perform a function or task, check out the layer's pallette and make sure you are on the right one. Than when you go to save the shot as a jpeg or bmp or whatever, it will automatically flatten for you. That way, nothing is permenant. There are certain times when merging layers is appropriate, but it can be done without merging.

And as for the background on the M3 shot, I just did the usual radial blur and than after I was done with everytihng, I added a gradient adjustment layer like I have shown you before. That's how it turned out.👍

440 CHARGER
----- BMW M3 CSL @ TWIN RING MOTEGI -----
July 19, 2006
Click for full size

Thanks guys for the compliments on the Lexus and Charger. As for the shinny wheels, just purchase the PD "Bling Wheels", and bump up the contrast on them. That does the trick.​

My new desktop pic. Very nice job. 👍

ok well when i saw that 440 had updated his gallery, i said to myself, "ok get ready to see an awesome pic and also get ready to be jealous"...well i didnt lie, its an awesome photo, and i am seriously jealous...i love your work! oh by the way, what do you mean by PD bling wheels...i cant find them anywhere...

440 CHARGER
To be completely honest and giving you good advice, you really don't ever even need to flatten the image. I know you don't like it when you have all of those layers all over the place, but if you just label them and keep track of them and keep them in the correct places, you should'nt have too much of a problem with them. Just pay attention to what layer you are working on all of the time, and if something seems to not be working right or something funny is occuring when you are trying to perform a function or task, check out the layer's pallette and make sure you are on the right one. Than when you go to save the shot as a jpeg or bmp or whatever, it will automatically flatten for you. That way, nothing is permenant. There are certain times when merging layers is appropriate, but it can be done without merging.

And as for the background on the M3 shot, I just did the usual radial blur and than after I was done with everytihng, I added a gradient adjustment layer like I have shown you before. That's how it turned out.👍

Well, I tried working on my RX-8 update with out flattenin, but when I selected something and then duplicated or did layer via copy or cut, I always had to move the layers and hide and discard other layers, so I just restarted and did it my way. Thanks for filling me on this 440.

i highly suggest everyone looking at this to stop, click to enlarge the image and carefully look at the picture. it is absolutely amazing. its crazy how much u can miss just by looking at the preview picture. so stop and take some time click the full view and maximize the browser, very amazing work 440.

What's There to be said, that hasn't Already been said in the Past. Your The best there is. 👍

Back Tracking, The Rex.. Is Beyond Wow, The Chargers Reflections are amazing, The Lexus Is Beautiful, And now the M3 Shots?... No one out there could beat these consistant shots. Each one, out betters the one before... such a high standard of work.

P.S., And to be really picky, You spelt July Wrong :dopey: :dunce: :yuck:

Back