Dear Abby: Deadbeat husband

• Thread starter Der Alta
  • 6 comments

Der Alta

Official GTP Bouncer
Staff Emeritus
DerAlta
Dear Abby:

My husband is a liar and a cheat. He has cheated on me from the beginning, and, when I confront him, he denies everything. What's worse, everyone knows that he cheats on me. It is so humiliating. Also, since he lost his job five years ago, he hasn't even looked for a new one. All he does all day is smoke cigars, cruise around and bs with his buddies, while I have to work to pay the bills. Since our daughter went away to college he doesn't even pretend to like me and hints that I may be a lesbian.

What should I do?

Signed,
Clueless

Dear Clueless:

Grow up and dump him. Good grief, woman. You don't need him anymore. You're a United States Senator from New York . Act like one.

Heh heh. :lol: That reminds me of “Letter to the Editor” in a 1991 issue of Car and Driver:

-----------

[font=Georgia, serif]Dear Abby,

I am writing to you for help with my problem. My wife has custody of our seven children. They were awarded to her when she divorced me for desertion. My mother has been confined to a mental institution since I was three. I have two brothers: one works for Car and Driver, and the other is awaiting electrocution for murder. My two sisters are prostitutes, and my father sells narcotics.

Recently I met a girl who had just been released from prison, where she served time for smothering her illegitimate child. I love this girl and want to marry her.

My problem is this: Should I tell her about my brother who works for C/D?
P.R.D.
Hartford, Washington​

Dear Ashamed: Yes, tell her everything. If she loves you, she won’t care what your brother does. Unless he’s the one who answers the Letters—Abby.[/font]

Latest Posts

Back