Real Drift Racing Wheel

PureAwesomeness
SteamTroller77
Apologies if there is already a thread about this, I looked but couldn't see anything.

I came across this steering wheel controller and was interested purely because it's so much cheaper than other makes. Has anyone had any experience with it? Eager to hear opinions and so on.

http://www.gammac.asia/ProductShow.asp?ID=229

2009112173630618.jpg

So far I agree with everyone. Why would they call a racing wheel a racing handle? I would not even consider buying that wheel or "handle" as they like to call it. You don't even get a proper H shifter and it only shifts up and down. They also call the reverse gear the "Back Gear".

Last edited:
So far I agree with everyone. Why would they call a racing wheel a racing handle? I would not even consider buying that wheel or "handle" as they like to call it. You don't even get a proper H shifter and it only shifts up and down. They also call the reverse gear the "Back Gear".

All very stupid reasons to diss the product. Oh no, they translated chinese into english poorly, this thing must suck.
The thing looks like a toy.

I know for a fact that Japanese people refer to steering wheels as 'handles' and it would appear from the picture that Korean people do also. I certainly don't think that is a valid reason to write off the product.

As for the up-down shift (sequential), sure a shift gate is cooler but what happens with cars like the M5 that have 7 forward gears? A sequential shifter seems like a reasonable solution.

I'll admit it does look a bit cheap and cheerful but it's made by the Koreans who do seem to have a knack for making very good and much cheaper alternatives to Western products.

It is really cheap (about a third of what a Logicool would cost) and I wanted to hear if anyone had experience using it. It would seem that no-one has.

The only thing that caught my eye was something on the first picture you displayed....
"The image in the page will be different from the real products."

Say what? 👎

Back