COMPLEX STRING: Do you want it back again in GT5?

Do you want Complex String test track for GT5?

• Total voters
I'd rather have Trial Mt., Green Valley, Deep Forest, and Special Stage Route 11 back! I also agree with the Camera thing, but instead of being limited to GT3, they should get with the program like all next gen racers and offer multiple camera views like Dirt 2, Grid, or even the likes of arcade racers such as blur and Midnight Club L.A. It doesn't hurt to have options. Everyone has different preferences, and the more you can customize the game to your individual liking the better.

Wow, those poll choices don't look kind. I would have said "Why not", but it was not in the list.
Complex String was a fun track, so yeah, I wonder if it will be in there.
I would like to see the Clubman Series as well : CS route 5, SS route 5, SS route 11 (awesome!), and one more special track in the series of these ones.

I also agree with the Camera thing, but instead of being limited to GT3, they should get with the program like all next gen racers and offer multiple camera views like Dirt 2, Grid, or even the likes of arcade racers such as blur and Midnight Club L.A. It doesn't hurt to have options. Everyone has different preferences, and the more you can customize the game to your individual liking the better
+1 👍 my own personal preference if available is the one where the bonnet/hood is at the bottom of the screen, i'd love that in GT5

as for the poll for Complex String. i voted yes, bring it back :cool:

I think its required that track is made available for GT5. It's the one track that seems to test everything a car can handle. I actually find it more important than the Top Gear Test Track. Not that I don't appreciate it. But I had a lot of issues in GT4 after GT3 and its subsequent removal.

Don't mind Complex String, but MAN was it a pain in the ass back in GT3!! Overall I don't think it was that great. Really it was just a repetitive string of turns, nothing more, nothing less. When Nurburgring was introduced in GT4, it pretty much satisfied everyone's craving for a long, winding, high speed course.

^ CS is a technical course for technical people. A perfect course to test cars without going thru 7 to 9 minute a lap (NurbieRing). :)

Everyone is always talking about wanting SSR11 and Red Rock to be revived for GT5...why no love for Grindelwald?

Don't get me wrong, I love SSR11, and Red Rock has a lot of nostalgic value for me as I think it was my first race in GT2...but come on Grindelwald was a pretty neat track, and it had a unique feel to it.

I dunno... the Green Hell replaced Complex String as my car testing facility, but I do remember how difficult it was to master this track... I don't mind if its in or not, but it would be nice =)

-> ...
Everyone is always talking about wanting SSR11 and Red Rock to be revived for GT5...why no love for Grindelwald?

Don't get me wrong, I love SSR11, and Red Rock has a lot of nostalgic value for me as I think it was my first race in GT2...but come on Grindelwald was a pretty neat track, and it had a unique feel to it.
^ The reason why "there is no love" for Grindelwald because there is a thread for it before:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=128601&highlight=grindelwald

^ But it ended up locked. ;)

-> No worries Grindelwald is still one of the most anticipated tracks to return in GT5:

According to popular demand in GTP
1. Special Stage R11 '90s/'00/City
2. Grindelwald
3. Complex String
4. Pikes Peak International Hill Climb
5. Red Rock Valley Speedway

:sly:

I have a quick ?, is this track a PD creation because I have seen it on anouther game also

Don't know how many laps I did around the string in GT3, but please PD bring it back.👍

Last edited:
-> ...
I have a quick ?, is this track a PD creation because I have seen it on anouther game also
^ The Complex String is a Polyphony Digital Original Race Track from Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec. So yea, its an original track. ;)

complexstring.jpg

:sly:👍

Sure, I'll take it! If it's a case of having it vs not having it, why not?! If you don't like racing on it, avoid it, and accept you'll never complete the game ;)

Sure, I'll take it! If it's a case of having it vs not having it, why not?! If you don't like racing on it, avoid it, and accept you'll never complete the game ;)

It would be unlikely that such a track would be used for races, if memory serves the GT3 version was purely used as a test track and licence test.

The smallest of the tracks circular loops always annoyed the hell out of me. And I didn't know anyone that ever wanted to use it for a 2 player race. But if GT5 challenged me with it. I'd enjoy many a happy hour swearing and cursing at myself and it.

No lol I dont like this track at all. The only way I think it should be included is for license tests

Last edited:
Back