DA's Super GT Series|PURE Spec 1.0|Last Round 4/14

Ran some last night. Anyone else noticing a big difference with SPA between online and offline? Typically i can run near the same times. But for some reason i can't at SPA.
Offline i was hitting 11.3's with high 10's achievable. Online i am only able to reach 12.7 :confused: Makes no sense to me. Maybe i was just having a bad run.

awr117
Ran some last night. Anyone else noticing a big difference with SPA between online and offline? Typically i can run near the same times. But for some reason i can't at SPA.
Offline i was hitting 11.3's with high 10's achievable. Online i am only able to reach 12.7 :confused: Makes no sense to me. Maybe i was just having a bad run.

I believe there's a difference. I don't even practice offline.

The difference in handling between on-line and off-line is huge.
There's no idea in comparing times at all.

I believe there's a difference. I don't even practice offline.

I thought they corrected the issues with a patch. Just strange that some tracks are a matter of .300's of a difference. While SPA, for me, is a good 1.5 seconds of a difference. Wonder why there is even a difference to begin with lol.

Works ok for some tracks and not so good for others. However, Spa has been pretty accurate for me off and on-line in the past. Maybe you forgot to turn on tire wear or real grip. Or maybe there was another phantom update that threw things off again. The platform isnt the most stable thing, unfortunately.

For reference, I was running mid 10's in offline and low to mid 11's in online mode, (.500-.750 difference). I chalked that up to bad laps.

awr117
I thought they corrected the issues with a patch. Just strange that some tracks are a matter of .300's of a difference. While SPA, for me, is a good 1.5 seconds of a difference. Wonder why there is even a difference to begin with lol.

Idk man. Too bad its not the same online and offline
If it were only so simple....

Not sure if I am going to run this race or not.
I can only manage 2:20's around Spa
so unless you fast guys make 6 or more pit stops I will come in dead last, miles/Laps behind the leaders

Scorp, lmk asap so I know what # of drivers to cap the room at.

1024px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgiumsvg.png

Guys, today is our last race. It's going to be long. Here's some things to know:

TRACK BOUNDARIES
-The one turn that poses a major issue at Spa is Eau Rouge. Keep two tires on black asphalt as best as you can through here. I'll look through the replay randomly (when taking pics) so don't get used to messing up in this turn.
-The runoff on the outside of Pouhon is not necessarily an area that'll give you ample time but keep your car on the track
-Chicane before pit entrance is another short cutable area. Keep two tires on black asphalt here

PRE-RACE
-60mph pace lap
-No bunching up the field
-Pole sitter, begin the race @ the start/finish line

RACE
-In my opinion, there's one area that two cars aren't able to drive into together, and that's Eau Rouge. To avoid wrecking I recommend not going into this turn 2 wide.
-Keep it clean guys
-It's our l.ast race, enjoy it!

Thanks everyone that stuck around for the season and everyone that helped me in organizing this whole thing! I'll have another season in the near future. Stay tuned...

Last edited:
Congrats again to ZCrazy for winning the championship.

DA, thanks for taking the time to put this together. I had a lot of fun and it was my first official GTP series! Let me know when you decide on starting up another series. Met some good people and hope to see you guys on the track 👍

awr117
Congrats again to ZCrazy for winning the championship.

DA, thanks for taking the time to put this together. I had a lot of fun and it was my first official GTP series! Let me know when you decide on starting up another series. Met some good people and hope to see you guys on the track 👍

Hey, that's what it's all about man. Fun racing and finding good drivers worth running with. Not only was it your first series but my first attempt at running one. I've learned quite a bit about how to handle a series, so thanks for sticking around for it!

After this semester I'll get season 2 in the works and pm everyone when the time comes!

Hi there.

Maybe Denilson or Wardez already asked it but since the season is now over, i'd like to know your feedbacks about the "open tires regs" combined with the PURE GT500 specs please.

Looking forward to read your feedbacks guys ;)

Hey guy sorry i couldn't race last night i was playing MW3 trying to get a prestige i have been playing that for the past dew days just glued to it :) Can't wait for next season to start 👍:):)

toyotsupra
Hey guy sorry i couldn't race last night i was playing MW3 trying to get a prestige i have been playing that for the past dew days just glued to it :) Can't wait for next season to start 👍:):)

There were 2 drivers missing so we decided on reducing the race length. Only 6 drivers in a 2 hour race would've been lame lol.

It'll be a little while before starting another season. I'll notify people when I've got it all together.

Hi there.

Maybe Denilson or Wardez already asked it but since the season is now over, i'd like to know your feedbacks about the "open tires regs" combined with the PURE GT500 specs please.

Looking forward to read your feedbacks guys ;)

It's hard to say since i haven't raced in any previous PURE spec series. You also have to factor in the drivers as some are just quicker than others. Our series champ, ZCrazy, is a really fast driver. He drove the NSX Dome. I think what our series saw was a dominate driver that was in a car with a slight edge. Not a big edge, but i'd say a slight advantage over the GTR's and SC430's. That combination was extremely hard to compete with at times.

But overall it was fun and for the most part pretty evenly matched.

Thank for the vote of confidence Red, but I can honestly say the NSX, has a huge advantage if you understand how to tame it down. That's not to say it will always be fastest, but more often than not, if I could figure out how to keep it on the track it did really well. La Sarthe in the NSX is a nightmare. I wouldn't suggest adding ballast to this car because that could easily make it faster (easier to drive). My only suggestion would be a slight decrease in hp (500).

-I honestly think the GTR needs some adjustment, it appeared to be too hampered (about +.500 a lap). This may be as simple as leaving the hp at a similar level but allowing some level of engine mod (engine mods really wake up the GTR) or maybe even leaving the engine alone and removing the ballast.

-The Yellow Hat Supra is pretty dominant in this spec (-.250 to +.250), I would suggest a little weight to help slow it down (maybe 1120) Te car is ultra stable and ultra fast in a straight line.

-I found the Bandai really well adjusted (+.000 to +.375 in lap time ), definitely competetive (I'd likely use that if we were restarting).

-The Nismo Z.... it breaks my heart, but it is not competetive (+.500 to +.750 a lap slow). Suggestions here would start with relaxing the weight disadvantage (let it run at 1100kg). As it is, its a car that can't shine anywhere, and isn't capable of running the fast laps.

I think the cars all benefit from the soft tires, some more than others (cars with more push tend to balance out best). The main problem with open tires is it becomes a soft tire only race. There was never really a time during the entire season that running on a Med. or Hard would have shaved time. The only times I had a use for them was on a few single stints. These were occasions where I burned too many laps off of the softs early or made a mistake and pitted too early.

Interesting Note for Denilson:

Looking back at where my base tune was for the NSX to where it is now, our settings are now very similar.

Early in the season set up-

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
DF: 40 / 65
GR: Depending on track
LSD: 10/10/25
CAM: 1.5 / 1.0
TOE: -.20 / +15
RH: -1 / +8
SR: 14.5 / 15.5
EXT: 4 / 5
COM: 4 / 4
ARB: 4 / 3
BB: 5 / 5
TIRES: RH

Base setting now-

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 8/15/10
TOE: -.10 / +08
RH: -3 / +4
SR: 14.0 / 13.5
EXT: 3 / 5
COM: 3 / 3
ARB: 3 / 4
BB: 5 / 3

Denilson's setup

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 5 / 18 / 5
CAM: 2,2 / 1,8
TOE: -0,06 / -0,07
RH: -10 / 0
SR: 14,8 / 14,8
EXT: 7 / 8
COM: 7 / 8
BB: 5 / 4

Monza: 1:44.9XX
Monaco: 1:31.7XX (Super lap)

Last edited:
There were 2 drivers missing so we decided on reducing the race length. Only 6 drivers in a 2 hour race would've been lame lol.

It'll be a little while before starting another season. I'll notify people when I've got it all together.

Sorry for not being here, but had some major family issues. I would like to be here for the next season if you have it during the week. Racing on the weekends or even turning the PS on during the weekends was becoming more of a bad thing around my house. So, no more racing for me on the weekends. Got to keep peace in the house hold. :)
I'll keep in touch through your PSN account and on here till you start another series.
Learn alot in school and have fun doing it. 👍

Interesting Note for Denilson:

Looking back at where my base tune was for the NSX to where it is now, our settings are now very similar.

Early in the season set up-

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 10/10/25
TOE: -.20 / +15
RH: -1 / +8
SR: 14.5 / 15.5
EXT: 4 / 5
COM: 4 / 4
ARB: 4 / 3
BB: 5 / 5

Base setting now-

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 8/15/10
TOE: -.10 / +08
RH: -3 / +4
SR: 14.0 / 13.5
EXT: 3 / 5
COM: 3 / 3
BB: 5 / 3

Denilson's setup

Honda RAYBRIG NSX:
LSD: 5 / 18 / 5
CAM: 2,2 / 1,8
TOE: -0,06 / -0,07
RH: -10 / 0
SR: 14,8 / 14,8
EXT: 7 / 8
COM: 7 / 8
BB: 5 / 4

Monza: 1:44.9XX
Monaco: 1:31.7XX (Super lap)

Cool! 👍
You defenetly need to spend some time with the NSX's setup to get it right.. And when you do, it's rewarding. 👍
But it's also a car that requires much more precition compared to the others, hence the level it's at in our PURE specs. 👍

As long as we're running any series that's not a one make series, differences will be present. It's impossible to get all cars on par.
But when the differences is down to 0,5 or below, I think it's hard to get any closer.
I.e if you have 1 off, which force you to do an extra pit, you've lost 35ish seconds.. That's 1 second a lap over a 35 lap race.. That's much more of a factor when it comes to race finish positions.

A car that's 0,5 sec slower on any given track, can also keep up in the slip.. Well, not at Monaco perhaps, but the rest..

As far as the Z goes, I have the experiance that it's fast at the tighter tracks. It's huge tourque curve throws it out of slow corners imo. It lacks some top speed due to the lower peak bhp output, but apart from that, it's really close to the SC430's and GT-R's.
NOTE: I'm speaking from a racing Hard perspective. It's entirely possible that the differences is bigger to it's disadvantege with Racing Softs.
It's really good to read your feedback. 👍

cheers

For open tire series I think taking 20kg of ballast off both the GT-Rs and SCs, then putting some ballast on the NSX (maybe reducing power just a tad) and Yellowhat Supa while giving some more power to the Z would make things about right. It's also worth testing for Hards.

Wardez
For open tire series I think taking 20kg of ballast off both the GT-Rs and SCs, then putting some ballast on the NSX (maybe reducing power just a tad) and Yellowhat Supa while giving some more power to the Z would make things about right. It's also worth testing for Hards.

And mediums. Regulations really depend on track schedule I guess.

Dont get me wrong you guys did a great job in leveling the field. Actually the best spec I've seen.

Taking into consideration that, I'd hate to see a stock car type system where all the cars are equal in every performance category, the differences are a good idea. However, I think two cars stand out a little too far in top speed, NSX's & the Yellow Hat Supra. I'd like to see the Z get a weight break as well. If I remember correctly the premium NSX's will out accelerate anything hp for hp and Kg for Kg, so a little dial back on the hp would still allow a 2-4 mph advantage to give it a strength considering its weaknesses and tone down the current 4-6 mph advantage in speed.

Honestly, the Yellow Hat looks to be a little more difficult to level out because it is a really bad car in open spec. I would start with weight and be careful not to completely kill the car that is making its lap time through acceleration.

On tires...until PD gets the tire model some equity, the softs will always dominate. So an open tire model series ultimately becomes a soft series. When its faster to make 8, 35 second pit stops versus 3-4, 35 second pits you have to wonder if something was missed when generating the values. I will say it is closer on time than it has been in the past, but not quite there yet.

Dont get me wrong you guys did a great job in leveling the field. Actually the best spec I've seen.

Taking into consideration that, I'd hate to see a stock car type system where all the cars are equal in every performance category, the differences are a good idea. However, I think two cars stand out a little too far in top speed, NSX's & the Yellow Hat Supra. I'd like to see the Z get a weight break as well. If I remember correctly the premium NSX's will out accelerate anything hp for hp and Kg for Kg, so a little dial back on the hp would still allow a 2-4 mph advantage to give it a strength considering its weaknesses and tone down the current 4-6 mph advantage in speed.

Honestly, the Yellow Hat looks to be a little more difficult to level out because it is a really bad car in open spec. I would start with weight and be careful not to completely kill the car that is making its lap time through acceleration.

On tires...until PD gets the tire model some equity, the softs will always dominate. So an open tire model series ultimately becomes a soft series. When its faster to make 8, 35 second pit stops versus 3-4, 35 second pits you have to wonder if something was missed when generating the values. I will say it is closer on time than it has been in the past, but not quite there yet.

Great feadback! 👍

Regarding the tires.
I personally don't, or have ever seen the 3 different racing tires as a Hard/medium/soft option for a single class of racing.
I've seen it as 3 completely different tires, where the RH is a "soft" tire for SGT's, DTM's etc.. The RM tire is a F1 type slick. And the RS's are super softs/F1 quali quality..

With this in mind, if PD were to implement a hard/medium/soft type of ture for each racing category, we'd end up with 12-18 different racing tires.. But that was not what PD intended to do (according to me that is). They intended to have an option that suits different type of race cars.
Hence I think that mixing compounds in GT5 is nothing but a fail. And it clearly demonstrates that when the RS tire always win the "open regs" series.

So we need to realize that 3 completely different tires are not the same as a hard/medium/soft option for one typre of racing tire.

Hope that made some sense. :scared:

This is ofc IMO. 👍

My next season will have a two compound rule with mediums and hards: you must run 1 set of each during the race. Another part of that rule will probably have to include a minimum # of laps required for the hards because obviously you wont want to be on the hards for very long. This will be finalized after testing when schools out. I have no spare time as of now.

Also, do gt300 cars face the same strength/weaknesses as the gt500's do? What I mean is, with PURE specs do the gt300 cars need a balanced track schedule like gt500 carded do?

My next season will have a two compound rule with mediums and hards: you must run 1 set of each during the race. Another part of that rule will probably have to include a minimum # of laps required for the hards because obviously you wont want to be on the hards for very long. This will be finalized after testing when schools out. I have no spare time as of now.

Also, do gt300 cars face the same strength/weaknesses as the gt500's do? What I mean is, with PURE specs do the gt300 cars need a balanced track schedule like gt500 carded do?

No, the GT300's are much more similar in terms of streanght and wekness. But still some slight differences.

DA6righthand

300's are better off on the PP system. 430-445 or so. And yes, I think the PP system is dumb.

Last edited:
Back