POLL: What is the Minimum Number of Premiums Needed for GT6 on PS3?

• Thread starter Akwaaba
  • 89 comments

What is the Minimum Number of Premiums are needed to purchase GT6?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If standards HAVE to be implemented, make it atleast half and half, otherwise just make them all premium.

I don't get anyone voting zero standards and 800 (or less) premiums. Why remove cars so there are absolutely 0 standard cars. Honestly, I can put up with the poorer quality on a few cars if it means more cars.

Because quantity isn't important. Fire up your GT5 and tell me how many cars you've driven at least twice. If it's more than even 500 i'd be amazed.

I don't need 1000 cars, I just need 100 - 150 that I want to drive. Since different people have different tastes that means 500 well varied cars should be perfectly sufficient.

Interesting spin on this:

What if, instead of giving us 18,000 cars, they give us cars that are actually somewhat equal, or that actually are equal, in performance, so that online leagues are filled with more accurate specs?

Sure, we'd like to see more quantity at a higher quality, but, couldn't we see a way to ensure that the game's competition remains as plentiful as it is now; imagine if there was no Nissan R390 race car, for example, how many Online League organizers would be short a good car.

Now, imagine my current (and standard) Online League car, the BMW 330i, if it weren't there, which car would I use?

Well, it depends on what you can do with the cars. I'd settle with 20 cars if they have some proper depth to the customization available. Not "just" livery editor, but engine options, wheel options (from the manufacturer, for instance the McLaren MP4 comes with 3 or four different wheel options), carbon details and other trim options, interior options etc. A lot of car manufacturers have a "build your car" feature on their website where you can customize the car to your preferences.

Cars with working instruments, headlights, windscreen wipers adds more depth as well and so does a more detailed damage and maintenance system.

So in my view it's quantity versus quality. If the quality is high, then quantity is less important. If the quality is low, then quantity will be essential.

exactly one more than forza5, removing the duplicates the gt series is known for.

Instead of having them being separate models they could be variations of one and the same model. No need to remove them.

I just want a variety of cars, I have no clue what people are going on about when they complain about standards vs. premiums.

500 premiums, 0 standards.
Cut down half on GT5's car, leave all the useless cars out and give every car the attention it needs!

OVerall number isn't important, diversity is.
This.
1. quality
2.diversity
3. quantity

I want more race series cars, a better class system and more cars in a racing series. DTM for example. The GT5 F1 cars show how you don't choose cars for your game, because you can't have enough different cars from different manufacture in the same racing series. I think it was a license isue, but GT has other incomplete racing series, too.

I voted for 500 cars without standard cars, because quality is more important and i think the number is realistic.

500 cars would be plenty. Also no Standard cars anymore. In the end we only drive our top 10 best cars.

If keeping some standards was the only way we could have the car or manufacturer, then I'd like to see them. Most of the diversity and depth from the car list comes from the standards.
I understand that. But would you really want GT4 models in GT6? Not to mention that Standard cars aren't modelled correctly in terms of physics, hence why some Standard models are faster than their near-identical Premium counterparts.

I'd say it depends, ie. GT6 is launched to PS3 -likely- I wouldn't bohter the (standards) duplicates and REALLY similar cars, to be cut, but if it's for PS4 I wouldn't accept any standards.

Because quantity isn't important. Fire up your GT5 and tell me how many cars you've driven at least twice. If it's more than even 500 i'd be amazed.

I don't need 1000 cars, I just need 100 - 150 that I want to drive. Since different people have different tastes that means 500 well varied cars should be perfectly sufficient.

I can get that, however if you remove cars, even be them standard, it takes away cars that someone out there may want. Like you are saying, tastes vary, but I think they would rather have the car they want in there in poorer quality than it not being in there at all.

I completely agree, 500+ premium quality models would be very good, this would give lots more choice, however, I'm still find with have 200 or 300 standards if need be just to have the cars in the game. Maybe I drive one or maybe not. An I making sense? I can't tell if I am :lol:

Well that's why PD should have been monitoring and analysing use of cars in GT5. They should have then used that data to work out which cars (or which sort of cars) need to take priority when modelling premium versions. If for arguments sake there is a car that's only been used more than once by 5,000 of the 9 million GT users is it really worth taking the time to model that one in premium? Compared to the say 500,000 that had used another car more than once?

Fact is the standard cars have to go eventually, I don't see the need to wait until each and every one of them is redone in premium before you do it. Yes you're bound to upset someone when you remove a few cars but that's just the way things go, you have to appease the majority, not the minorities. They don't keep you in business.

Does it really matter wether the cars are premium or standard? They both do the same thing anyways, nothing to get miffed over.
Except they don't. For starters, the physics model for the Standard cars come from GT4, and in a nutshell they are inaccurate in GT5. Secondly, the idea of reusing models in GT4 is bad enough, because that not only shows that PD cares about quantity over quality, but because it's a sign of PD satisfying the minority over the majority, as Simon said.

You got that right. It's turned some of my friends away because they see GT with the same old cars.

I'm still waiting for the 240ZG to be premium.

Well, GT3 had something like 180 cars in it, and that kept me entertained for years. As long as GT6 has GT5 photomode looks (GT5's gameplay graphics are far from amazing), I'll be happy with about 400 premiums.

Standard cars is a big no-no.

I want to see a lot of cars in GT6. Not standards or premiums... Just cars.
No standards. You simply can't include PS2-era models into a 2013/14 next-gen racing game. The amount of cars should be high like in any GT, but I'm not expecting a 1000 cars like GT5.

I believe one of the major problems with GT5's Premium car selection is that there wasn't enough diversity, and the selection of cars was horrible.

PDI gives the players a premium Mark IV Supra SuperGT race car, but not the regular traffic model. Same goes for the Celica GT-Four rally car. Not to mention some of the classic Gran Turismo cars like the Daihatsu Midget II, Daihatsu Storia, Toyota MR2, Mitsubishi 3000GT, Mitsubishi Eclipse, Chrysler PT Cruiser, Toyota GT-One LM race car, Ford Mustang SVT Cobra R, Chevrolet Corvette GS (C4), Toyota AE86 Corolla Levin, Toyota Altezza IS200, Honda Prelude, etc. are not even of premium quality.

I'd say at least another 350 more premium quality cars along with the ones we already have in GT5 with plenty of the cars we all know and have grown fond of, and more modern & classic cars that have yet to make an appearance in a GT title.

And LESS Skylines.

Last edited:
500 Premium cars would be a lot, and would take care of a lot of the standards that we want Premium. If you take away the duplicate cars, how many standards do we really have?

I just hope cars like the Nomad Diablo, GT40, and Veyron are premium. If they're in the game. I'm pretty sure the GT40 and Veyron will be in it, but I'm uncertain about the Diablo.

Yay, more squaking about standards :rolleyes:.

I'll take as many Premiums as possible. If they cannot upgrade all of the standards, just leave them in and I'll be okay with it. Just don't make it a situation where we have to sort through a UCD to get all of them.

If they add vehicles, I'd rather get them in a "standard" form than not at all. Granted, they won't just be a roll over from GT4, they could be modeled for the outside and less attention paid to the cockpit. This may add more cars that we want.

Back