Mildbrid Trackday

• Thread starter graveltrap
  • 18 comments
United Kingdom
Coventry
graveltrap
The rules as taken (with permission) from Miata13b's original mildbrid competition

1. The Chassis of the car remains standard (Road cars only)
2. Engine swaps performed by same manufacture
3. Swapped parts in general must remain with same manufacture
4. Drivetrain change to AWD with a projected real life counterpart
5. No use of F1 or Race car parts (No honda F1 mildbrids in an nsx)
6. Tranny can be used off any car in the same manufacture
7. Any road car tyres may be used
8. Body of vehicle remains the same
9. With a big outcome there will be classing based off P/W ratios and Downforce modifiers.
10. Downforce goes up to Front of 1.00 and Rear 1.25 nothing higher. If you want lower go ahead
11. Verification of vehicle, I will take care of that. Basically I don't want you to think it is a whole complex thing, Someone said it best to me like this - >
12. Weight reduction is limited to the car you use (no Corvette reduction on a Camaro)
13. No grip changing
14. If forementioned doesn't cover your question, ask don't assume
15. I am always open for ideas, just PM me if you think something will work better
16. there will be a P/W ratio of 2.0 limit on the cars

I'm not 100 percent sure these were the final version of the rules??

The only change I've made is to open up tyre selection which will hopefully make the racing close

Verification. To make sure your cars conform to the rules either post your ride in this thread or PM it to me for checking.

Use this thread to discuss car design, rules and regs etc

the race thread has been posted in the Spot racing forum this contains the race leaderboards and is aplace for you to discuss lap times etc

http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&postid=856142#post856142

The Venue: Trial Mountain
Race type: Hot lap

Enjoy :D

Can you define "same manufacturer"?

Are we keeping to the strictest game definitions of manufacturers, or allowing manufacturers' tuners' parts (Mine's on Nissan and Mitsubishi, Tom's on Toyota), or allowing offshoot manufacturer's parts (Tommy kaira parts on Nissan - the ZZII DOES use an RB26DETT engine), or allowing real-life manufacturer links (eg VW-Audi, Ford-Mazda-Jaguar-Aston Martin etc.)?

Originally posted by Famine
Can you define "same manufacturer"?

Are we keeping to the strictest game definitions of manufacturers, or allowing manufacturers' tuners' parts (Mine's on Nissan and Mitsubishi, Tom's on Toyota), or allowing offshoot manufacturer's parts (Tommy kaira parts on Nissan - the ZZII DOES use an RB26DETT engine), or allowing real-life manufacturer links (eg VW-Audi, Ford-Mazda-Jaguar-Aston Martin etc.)?
Well I am unsure how Graveltrap wants to run this, but to make things simple might I suggest Honda only on Honda and get rid of those "other" companies like Acura with hondas, but that is my suggestion, this is Graveltrap's show :D

BTW good job on this :D

You can of course get hideously complex with this:

Start with Lotus.
Lotus build the Tommy kaira ZZS (and also the ZZII)
Tommy kaira uses a Nissan Skyline engine in the ZZII, and is a recognised "tuner" of Skylines (Tommy kaira R).
Nissan have a partnership with Renault.

So you can put an Esprit V8 in your Clio...

Or
Start with Lotus.
Lotus build the Vauxhall VX220/Opel Speedster (and had involvement with Vauxhall/Opel previously outside the game - the Carlton/Omega).
Vauxhall/Opel are part of General Motors. As are Chevrolet.
So now imagine putting a Corvette 5.7 V8 into an Elise.

Go stranger:
Mercedes-Benz. Part of Daimler-Chrysler... Viper V10 in an SLK anyone?

Really strange:
Ford own Jaguar, Aston Martin and Mazda (controlling share). The Tickford Falcon is also a Ford.
So now you're looking at a 5.0V8, a 6.0V12 or a supercharged 4.0V8 in a Demio...

And now everyone's totally confused. :D

(I didn't add that Renault put the engine in the DeLorean (which had suspension work done by... Lotus), so you can have a flux capacitor fitted in your Lotus, Renault, Nissan, Vauxhall/Opel, Chevrolet or Tommy kaira...)

Don't forget putting the B18 C5 in the Lotus Elise too, SCC did it and raced a Mustang Cobra with it :D

If you wish to use tuner parts thats OK by me but they must be from a car from the same oiriginal manufacturer (Mines R34 parts can only be used on cars originally made by Nissan)

As for the whole tenuous link thing Just keep it simple ;) real life manufacturer links allowed.... I guess I should post an acceptable links table that will sort the problem out....

Allowable Manufacturer links

Chrysler – Dodge - Mercedes Benz.
Ford - Mazda - Aston Martin – Jaguar - Shelby
Honda - Acura
VW - Audi
Chevrolet - Vauxhall/Opel
Nissan – Renault – Tommy Kaira

Tuner Links

Honda – Spoon
Toyota – Toms – TRD
Nissan – Nismo - Mines R34
Mitsubishi – Mines Evo

As we are only using road car parts I haven’t included the race car only links (I would very much have liked to use my 4wd Lister Storm V12 powered XJ220, just like the original prototype)

If I’ve missed any that you think should be included let me know

Originally posted by miata13B
Mitsubishi and Dodge / Chrysler

I was thinking about that one today. In a GT3 context it doesn't apply - but it does in a GT2 context...

How about this for a tenuous link:
PSA - Owners of Peugeot/Citroen (covers the Xsara, 206 and 206 WRC)
Peugeot - Owned Chrysler Europe in 1980s
Chrysler - Own Mercedes-Benz. Part owners of Mitsubishi in 1980s.
Lotus - Produced the Lotus Talbot/Chrysler Sunbeam. Also the Lotus Vauxhall/Opel Carlton/Omega. Build the Tommy kaira ZZII.

This leads to Nissan (Tommy kaira tune Nissans) and on to Renault (extant Renault/Nissan partnership), or to Chevrolet (owners of Vauxhall/Opel), or amazingly FIAT (FIAT Croma of the mid 80's based on the same platform as the Saab 9000 and current Saab 9-5, and the Vauxhall Carlton!).

So it looks like it's possible to link nearly ANY manufacturer in GT3 to any other manufacturer in GT3 :D

Anyway, good call, graveltrap. :D

I was thinking about that one today. In a GT3 context it doesn't apply - but it does in a GT2 context...

How about this for a tenuous link:
PSA - Owners of Peugeot/Citroen (covers the Xsara, 206 and 206 WRC)
Peugeot - Owned Chrysler Europe in 1980s
Chrysler - Own Mercedes-Benz. Part owners of Mitsubishi in 1980s.
Lotus - Produced the Lotus Talbot/Chrysler Sunbeam. Also the Lotus Vauxhall/Opel Carlton/Omega. Build the Tommy kaira ZZII.

This leads to Nissan (Tommy kaira tune Nissans) and on to Renault (extant Renault/Nissan partnership), or to Chevrolet (owners of Vauxhall/Opel), or amazingly FIAT (FIAT Croma of the mid 80's based on the same platform as the Saab 9000 and current Saab 9-5, and the Vauxhall Carlton!).

So it looks like it's possible to link nearly ANY manufacturer in GT3 to any other manufacturer in GT3 :D

Anyway, good call, graveltrap. :D
Well you can really just go back to Ford being the pioneer in the car industry and relate them to every manufacture :lol:

Or was it Daimler-Benz? Oooh, controversial! :D
well you can really boil it down to Da vinci for the thoughts of a running motor with his "helicopter" contraption and design ideas for the car every being made, but now we are just getting ridiculous :lol:

So is everybody happy now? and is anyone going to build a car ;)

haven't had a chance to run my Supra GT1 (good for a 1'13.2 @ Laguna) or XKR-R as i've been spending my time learning the Nordschleife aka Green Hell :eek::eek: :D in a different game.

I'll post up my first couple of cars soon :)

Originally posted by graveltrap
So is everybody happy now? and is anyone going to build a car ;)

haven't had a chance to run my Supra GT1 (good for a 1'13.2 @ Laguna) or XKR-R as i've been spending my time learning the Nordschleife aka Green Hell :eek::eek: :D in a different game.

I'll post up my first couple of cars soon :)

:lol:

You built an XKR-R too? Wowser... Coinkidink :D

can we make the due date like end of Dec. or even january... my laptop is busted and I have no way of doing this... the comp. should be fixed in about 6 days...

hey, gravel like dude, are you using a gameshark or X-port for the codes?

I use an x-port along with mks

You built an XKR-R too?

must be something to do with me living in coventry ;) :lol: :D

Wowser... Coinkidink

:lol:

can we make the due date like end of Dec. or even january... my laptop is busted and I have no way of doing this... the comp. should be fixed in about 6 days...

Open ended competition as a stop gap whilst Miata sorts out a fresh set of rules

Latest Posts

Back