Logitech G25 or the Fanatec 911 Turbo wheel??

asianondrums
i keep hearing pros and cons about both wheels and i want to know which is better. so far this is what ive heard

Logitech G25
Pros:
.Great look and feel (IMO it is because i like the way it looks like a custom wheel from Sparco or somthin, nice street look to it)
.Good force Feedback
.metal pedals and durability

Cons:
.Although the wheel looks great, its a bit smaller than an actual size wheel
.The Force Feedback is good but no vibration from accelerating or hitting bumps (this im not 100% sure, correct me if im wrong)
.The H shifter has no resistance when shifting
.The steering wheel is really loud when you steer, like it makes a mechanical sound
.has many wires sticking out

Fanatec 911
Pros:
.On board setting control and buttons on wheel
.actual size wheel
.the H shifter has realistic resistance when shifting
.has vibration from accelerating on other obstacles in game
.the pedals have more of a realistic feeling and is more spaced out instead of being too close together.
. its completely wireless except for the power outlet and shifter connector to the wheel

Cons:
.the H shifter doesnt look as good as the G25 and looks alot more flimsier because its mount isnt as good
.the pedals are made of plastic and make a squeaking noise when pressing it down
.the paddle shifters feel a little bit more cheap than the G25
.doesnt look as appealing as the G25 (just personal preference)

although the G25 looks like it isnt as good as the Fanatec 911 wheel, im still considering to buy the G25 because everyone says its as good and there can be mods made to fix the resistance and click sound. but the Fanatec Wheel has alot more features and is more convenient but i dont like how the wheel looks too big, it doesnt look like a drifting wheel, (one of the reasons why i want a wheel).

so which one do you recommend? if i missed any pros and cons of both wheels then feel free to correct or tell me and ill add them. i would just like to know which is the better wheel.

also, ive been wondering how long they both last too because i dont want any of them breaking down on me. BTW, if you open any of the parts of any wheel or shifter, will it void your warranty?

i appreciate your help
-asianondrums

Having a g25 myself what you say is true, most of it an be fixed by mods to the shifter except adding buttons to the wheel. Someone had the idea of taking a sixaxis apart and putting it on the wheel but he never tryed it. I modded my shifter to add resistance and as I am kinda deaf and can hear too well I barelly notoce the gears making noise but on severe movement they make a ton of noise. You get a bit of vibration though but not much on bumps and stuff, it depends on the game, and the wires anoy the heck outta me.

Having a g25 myself what you say is true, most of it an be fixed by mods to the shifter except adding buttons to the wheel. Someone had the idea of taking a sixaxis apart and putting it on the wheel but he never tryed it. I modded my shifter to add resistance and as I am kinda deaf and can hear too well I barelly notoce the gears making noise but on severe movement they make a ton of noise. You get a bit of vibration though but not much on bumps and stuff, it depends on the game, and the wires anoy the heck outta me.

overall though, would you still recommend it over the Fanatec Wheel? does opening the shifter void the warranty on the G25?

I have not used the Fanatec wheel so I can not comment on it. Still it is a VERY good wheel and can be used very well for the price I got mine for ($220). And it was brand new. Highly recomend it for anyone but like I said cann't ompare to the others.

And to the feel of the leather, my dad said it is just like his old STI, so it is not some cheapo leatherrete but it ould be a tick thicker.

I have not used the Fanatec wheel so I can not comment on it. Still it is a VERY good wheel and can be used very well for the price I got mine for ($220). And it was brand new. Highly recomend it for anyone but like I said cann't ompare to the others.

And to the feel of the leather, my dad said it is just like his old STI, so it is not some cheapo leatherrete but it ould be a tick thicker.

where did u get it? im trying to find a brand new one for less than $250

I have used both. Sold my G25 since I liked the Fanatec wheel better.

I don´t agree totally on the sum up though. The things I disagree upon. Even though the G25 shifter have a solid mount it doesn´t feel more solid in use. If you understand what I mean the mount is more solid the G25 don´t budge or anything but it doesn´t feel more solid while actually shifting. I haven´t modded mine so it possibly that a modded G25 shifter may compare better then I am sure :). the main problem is there is no resistance whatsoever. However the H-shifter on the G25 has broken. This is no solution if you run games on the PS 3 but if you are on a PC make that a perfect excuse to buy a SST Lightning shifter. Maybe works for PS 3 games as well dunno I haven´t gotten that confirmed though.

As for wireless complete wireless is a bit of a lie. You don´t have the usb cable to the computer that is the only difference... It´s kind of silly nice to plug in the porsche wheel but for me since it takes up two usb ports I tend to disconnect it quite often whereas on my G25 it was connected at all time. The wires to the pedals is for sure easilly disconnected (if that is a good thing I don´t know though) and since the shifters is attached next to the wheel the cable is so short it doesn´t mess up. But you still have the power cable. So well it´s not completely wireless you still have to mess with cables. I can´t tell a difference in regard to cable mess anyway :D

As for wheel yes the G25 has a bit of a deadzone in term of force feedback. However... It´s bigger on the 5.01 and later drivers and I suspect that was the drivers I tested the wheel is can´t say for sure. In iRacing people don´t experience this not by such a degree as in other sims. So it seems like it doesn´t have to be an issue in all sims anyway... With that solved it for sure get a lot better but you still don´t get the smooth force feedback from the belt driven 911 wheel. If money is no subject I am sure you would preferr the 911 wheel as well. There is a lot of modding need to be made for the G25. You need to replace the wheel with a MOMO Wheel or similar. The OSD screen is quite helpful though I would hope you could adjust ffb strength, steering lock etc in more steps. Hopefully comes with new drivers. There is a belt driven G25 but that´s a bout 900 euro :)

Pedals now this is just personal preference. Speaking about modding the G25 pedals is much much better in that regard. nixim progressive brake mod you have a really good race brake for very little cost. Only an option if you can mount your pedals permanently because of the massive pressure required for full brake. It´s modular you can take the three units and place them wherever you want to. However in stock configuration I do like the fanatec 911 Turbo pedals a bit better just for the feel and spacing. I wouldn´t say they are overall better then the G25 pedals. The G25 pedals bring confidence because there is no deadzone at all on any of the axis where there is a small deadzone on the 911 turbo pedals. Not enough to make a difference for me but it´s better to adjust this with software :)

But really the big difference is the wheel itself the size, grip, force feedback, smoothness feels much more what I am used to with my real cars then the G25 manage to :)

I myself have had probloms w/pedals lag'n out on me when race online. I have the beta wheel... so no software updates wout buying new wheel..if they have even improved software.

I have used both. Sold my G25 since I liked the Fanatec wheel better.

I don´t agree totally on the sum up though. The things I disagree upon. Even though the G25 shifter have a solid mount it doesn´t feel more solid in use. If you understand what I mean the mount is more solid the G25 don´t budge or anything but it doesn´t feel more solid while actually shifting. I haven´t modded mine so it possibly that a modded G25 shifter may compare better then I am sure :). the main problem is there is no resistance whatsoever. However the H-shifter on the G25 has broken. This is no solution if you run games on the PS 3 but if you are on a PC make that a perfect excuse to buy a SST Lightning shifter. Maybe works for PS 3 games as well dunno I haven´t gotten that confirmed though.

As for wireless complete wireless is a bit of a lie. You don´t have the usb cable to the computer that is the only difference... It´s kind of silly nice to plug in the porsche wheel but for me since it takes up two usb ports I tend to disconnect it quite often whereas on my G25 it was connected at all time. The wires to the pedals is for sure easilly disconnected (if that is a good thing I don´t know though) and since the shifters is attached next to the wheel the cable is so short it doesn´t mess up. But you still have the power cable. So well it´s not completely wireless you still have to mess with cables. I can´t tell a difference in regard to cable mess anyway :D

As for wheel yes the G25 has a bit of a deadzone in term of force feedback. However... It´s bigger on the 5.01 and later drivers and I suspect that was the drivers I tested the wheel is can´t say for sure. In iRacing people don´t experience this not by such a degree as in other sims. So it seems like it doesn´t have to be an issue in all sims anyway... With that solved it for sure get a lot better but you still don´t get the smooth force feedback from the belt driven 911 wheel. If money is no subject I am sure you would preferr the 911 wheel as well. There is a lot of modding need to be made for the G25. You need to replace the wheel with a MOMO Wheel or similar. The OSD screen is quite helpful though I would hope you could adjust ffb strength, steering lock etc in more steps. Hopefully comes with new drivers. There is a belt driven G25 but that´s a bout 900 euro :)

Pedals now this is just personal preference. Speaking about modding the G25 pedals is much much better in that regard. nixim progressive brake mod you have a really good race brake for very little cost. Only an option if you can mount your pedals permanently because of the massive pressure required for full brake. It´s modular you can take the three units and place them wherever you want to. However in stock configuration I do like the fanatec 911 Turbo pedals a bit better just for the feel and spacing. I wouldn´t say they are overall better then the G25 pedals. The G25 pedals bring confidence because there is no deadzone at all on any of the axis where there is a small deadzone on the 911 turbo pedals. Not enough to make a difference for me but it´s better to adjust this with software :)

But really the big difference is the wheel itself the size, grip, force feedback, smoothness feels much more what I am used to with my real cars then the G25 manage to :)

so what your saying is that the 911 wheel feels more realistic? the main big reason why i want the G25 is because of how it looks. it just has that street drift look to it. if i buy a G25, will i be disappointed?

so what your saying is that the 911 wheel feels more realistic? the main big reason why i want the G25 is because of how it looks. it just has that street drift look to it. if i buy a G25, will i be disappointed?

I dont have a G25 myself (hopefully ordering it in the next couple of days), but from what iv read, you will NOT be disappointed with it.

All reviews make it out to be a great wheel, and im sure it is, but it might not have quite the same feel as the Fanatec 911 wheel.

If you don´t mind it feeling totally different to your real cars wheel yes you will be fine with it. I was quite happy with it before trying the 911 wheel now I am spoiled ;).

The same way you would be happy if you bought the cheaper dfp GT wheel. As long as you don´t try anything better :)

If you don´t mind it feeling totally different to your real cars wheel yes you will be fine with it. I was quite happy with it before trying the 911 wheel now I am spoiled ;).

The same way you would be happy if you bought the cheaper dfp GT wheel. As long as you don´t try anything better :)

Just had a look, and the ONLY place I can even find the Fanatec 911 wheel for sale is from Fanatec themselves for €299.95, which is about £240. I can get a G25 for about £150.

The Fanatec 911 look brilliant (apart from that shifter), but I personally cant justify another £90. Im gonna stick with buying the G25.

As the saying goes....you get what you pay for, and for £90 extra I would expect the Fanatec 911 wheel to be better than the G25.

was it brand new?

Brand spanking new. Just keep checking amazon. There's always deals to be had on amazon. I also got my playseat there for 230$ with free shipping. It took almost 3 weeks to get the seat, but it only took a week for the g25.

It got here friday :D it's been running great. the break pedal has more travel and is stiffer than the beta wheel. It feels much better. I haven't had any centering problems, and the force feedback, speed, and smoothness is great. also, the shifter seems sturdier than before and doesn't wobble as much. It would be nice if the drivers were Vista certified, though.

Review of the Fanatec wheel... sounds like G25 is the way to go.

One thing about that review is odd. In the first half he indicates that he has tried both the beta and the retail but later on about the pedals he is reviewing the beta pedals obviously. (retail pedals has metal plate that keeps them down just as well as the G25)... Without it it doesn´t work.

Otherwise a good review with many valid points. There is issues with the installation (I had the exact same experience here) for example though I don´t agree on his conclusion about the force feedback... There is less fidelity for me on the G25 then on the 911 wheel.

Yep, took apart a sixaxis and added 6 buttons to my G25, works a treat, bit labour intensive though.

Just had a look, and the ONLY place I can even find the Fanatec 911 wheel for sale is from Fanatec themselves for €299.95, which is about £240. I can get a G25 for about £150.

The Fanatec 911 look brilliant (apart from that shifter), but I personally cant justify another £90. Im gonna stick with buying the G25.

As the saying goes....you get what you pay for, and for £90 extra I would expect the Fanatec 911 wheel to be better than the G25.

And you have to wait till July to get one !!!

If only the G25 worked wit the xbox 360 I'd probably buy a 360 as well as my PS3, until then I'll stick with my PS3, G25 and Gran Turismo.

Hey Bill, look, you just lost another sale, silly boy !!!

i just ordered a Fanatec 911 :) i was thinking G25 but the Fanatec had so many better features i had to get it. it has a realistic shifter and clutch feel plus an independently adjustable force feedback. those features alone sold me :P

i just ordered a Fanatec 911 :) i was thinking G25 but the Fanatec had so many better features i had to get it. it has a realistic shifter and clutch feel plus an independently adjustable force feedback. those features alone sold me :P

Hey what peddals did you order? the Standard ones that come or the ClubSport ones?

Congrats by the way..

I hear GT5P runs way better with Fanatec over G25 .. I can confirm my G25 is weaker to my DFP while running GT5P.. Only thing is G25 is way smoother.. but lets see when my Fanatec RS comes in :)

Latest Posts

Back