Fanatec 911 wheel (without S) don't work GT5? UPDATE with solution

• Thread starter Smoothherb
  • 132 comments
SmoothHerb
So my Fanatec 911 turbo (without S)didn´t work with GT5. there was no problem with prologe!
I called the Fanatec support and they told me to call them in a few days for a solution. Meanwhyle some kindly users (PzR Slim) show me, that there was a new dongle Here so I ordered it and in only one day it was deliverd (I´m in the same country) It is expensive, but it works!

You have to sync the new dongle with the wheel which is explained on page 27 in the manual
LINK

Thanks again PzR Slim and all others!!

I think it is time to clearify something:

The following Fanatec wheels will work without any problems on GT5:
- PWTS
- PWGT3RS V2
- PWC

The old PWT will work as well if you upgrade to the dongle of PWTS.

So please relax and don't panic.

Last edited:
Be prepared! 1 hour of testing everything it don´t work! Man that sucks so hard...

Am I the first one with gt5+ fanatec???

Maybe a little elaboration...

Exact type of Fanatec wheel, firmware version, etc.

Steering, button mapping, FF, shifter, etc. - what specifically doesn't work?

have you made sure that it's controller 1? That affects the G25 on games that dont officially support it - I wonder if the same applies for the Fantec? To use the G25 that way you have to plug it into the PS3 when its off, and turn the console on using the button on the console. You then have to navigate all the menus etc using the d-pad and the buttons on the wheel, but at least it works.

Maybe a little elaboration...

Exact type of Fanatec wheel, firmware version, etc.

Steering, button mapping, FF, shifter, etc. - what specifically doesn't work?

newest firmware. Worked fine with TT and Prologue. Everything set as usual. Time is 2006. Dongle workes. XMB works with the wheel but not in gt5!

I can navigate in the options with the wheel at PC mode and the controller as 2. but as soon as I enter race there is nothing.

Yes, much more info needed. What model of wheel have you got? What firmware version? I've got a G25 as backup but I will be not happy if my Turbo S doesn't work.

Sometimes on PS3 after starting up the game it goes 'out' of PS3 mode, so you need to re-engage PS3 mode by pressing the select and wireless button, you may need to turn the wheel on and off as well before this.

Topic. With prologe no problem:scared::crazy::scared: :guilty: :guilty:

I'm from Germany (where the wheel is manufactured) and the forums here are full of bad fanatec reviews. You should switch to a G27 as soon as you can, it is also a lot more responsive than the Fanatec wheels.

Oh, and by the way: good work on that Kazunori;)

I'm sure with my Turbo S when you enter PS3 mode when the wheel is plugged into a PC, the PC sees it as a logitech G25 so this is very strange indeed. Definitely try the direct connection though.

I'm from Germany (where the wheel is manufactured) and the forums here are full of bad fanatec reviews. You should switch to a G27 as soon as you can, it is also a lot more responsive than the Fanatec wheels.

I own both a Fanatec 911 Turbo S and a G25 and the Fanatec is superior in every way. Especially with the clubsport pedals.

Last edited by a moderator:

We aren't debating Fanatec vs Logitech here. Most of us have Fanatec wheels and are very pleased with them. The concern is does it work at all with GT5?

like the others said - you could try and turn it on while you have the game runing , i know i had kinda the same issue with dirt 2 , until i saw it ''turned'' off when i entered the game , though it worked on the xmb.

And like strtgng said , you could try with the usb cable , i know i always use that

We aren't debating Fanatec vs Logitech here. Most of us have Fanatec wheels and are very pleased with them. The concern is does it work at all with GT5?

Ok you are right on that. But Fanatec is advertising its FULL GT5 compatability and now it does not work. Similar things happened in the past and I dont think that you can trust this company like you can always trust logitech. Just my opinion.

that's odd, i didnt have this issue with dirt 2. I go into pc mode and then ps3 before entering the game and no problems in DiRT2. I wont get to test out gt5 for another 2 days :(

Ok you are right on that. But Fanatec is advertising its FULL GT5 compatability and now it does not work. Similar things happened in the past and I dont think that you can trust this company like you can always trust logitech. Just my opinion.

Just hold on a minute. We have one guy saying it doesn't work with little other information. Lets just get a handle on this before we start saying it doesn't work and Fanatec has lied.

Please leave this thread Wuestenmaus, you're not helping and just being a typical fanboy.

I have the Turbo so no usb cable and as I see these updates are not for the turbo (when I get that right)

Is it the Turbo or the Turbo S? And can you get a USB cable from anywhere to try and see if it works? Do you have a printer that connects by USB becasuse that would have the cable you need?

It is the Turbo and I have a usb cable there is just no usb-in on the wheel. Im trying to call them but could take some time...

Is it the Turbo or the Turbo S? And can you get a USB cable from anywhere to try and see if it works? Do you have a printer that connects by USB becasuse that would have the cable you need?

Turbo is very old wheel but it should work with newest games if you buy new dongle.

that's odd, i didnt have this issue with dirt 2. I go into pc mode and then ps3 before entering the game and no problems in DiRT2. I wont get to test out gt5 for another 2 days :(

it was the standard firmware , after jeg updated it works.. and even before it did too , it happend like 2-3 times right after each other

It is the Turbo and I have a usb cable there is just no usb-in on the weel. Im trying to call them but could take some time...

Turbo is very old wheel but it should work with newest games if you buy new dongle.

Ok so we have confirmed it is the old Turbo and not the new Turbo S and as Raitziger said think you need the latest dongle from Fanatec. Still going to be a bit of an anxious wait until we get a report from someone with a Turbo S that it does work with GT5.

Edit: Looks like this is what is needed http://www.fanatec.de/webshop/new_e...id=65&osCsid=e620f87bcb40a7a9c45a1cff227c5939

Just had the support on the phone. They don´t have gt5 jet but they will test it as soon as possible. I should call them at the end of the week.

I don´t think it is the dongle, because the menu works. As soon as you enter the race "it just do: nothing"

Back