Original 'Elenor' Mustang...

• Thread starter paulfindon
  • 44 comments
paulfindon
Hmmmmm found this baby, and once tuned she is quicker than a Viper....

1971 Ford Mustang Mach 1 (441bhp)
The Original 'Elenor' Mustang.....
30112010057.jpg
[/IMG]

defenately one to add to the garage:)

That looks soooo cool. Typical handling for that type of car??.

When the credits allow i will be collecting all the muscle cars in the game.

I do want that one now though :drool:

AA

That looks soooo cool. Typical handling for that type of car??.

When the credits allow i will be collecting all the muscle cars in the game.

I do want that one now though :drool:

AA

Once tuned to the full it drives great, handling can be tricky at times (like any rwd with big bhp) still beat every thing in the modern muscle car challenge lol

Isn't the original Eleanor a '67 Shelby GT 500?

That was the one in the Nicolas Cage film 'Gone in 60 seconds'.

The Original 1974 H B Halicki's movie was with a 71 Mach One, If you ever get the chance to see it SEE IT!

It has one of the best chase and crash scenes ever..... especially if you love big ass american cars:)

Here's some wiki on the subject:

"Gone in 60 Seconds
Further information: Gone in 60 Seconds (1974 film)
For his venture into film, Halicki decided to make the film that became Gone in 60 Seconds in 1974. He wrote, directed, produced and starred in the film; and with his business sense, he copyrighted the terms "Gone In 60 Seconds" and "Eleanor."

There was no official script for the movie, apart from several pages outlining main dialog sequences. Halicki supplied most of the cars, and used repeated footage of the same vehicles and shots of public incidents to increase the footage. The scene in which a train derailment is observed was not part of the original shooting script, but it is in fact a real train that derailed and when the director heard about this he wanted to incorporate it into the film.

According to people on the set, after the mishap when a driver missed a mark and caused "Eleanor" to hit a real light post at 100 mph, the first thing that Halicki said when he regained consciousness was "Did we get coverage?" To achieve the effect of cars sliding into each other when hit by the patrol car at Moran Cadillac, the filmmakers put oil under the tires of the first few cars to help them slide. When it came time to do the stunt, it worked too well and many of the agency's own Cadillacs that were for sale were badly damaged, resulting in Halicki having to purchase all of them. Halicki compacted 10 vertebrae performing the film’s 128-foot-long (39 m) jump finale, that he walked with a limp afterwards.[2]

Much of the action/dialog was improvised, which caused many problems for the editor, Warner E. Leighton, who never knew what footage was being dumped on him or where in the movie it belonged. In the DVD audio commentary, he described the script for the construction site portion of the main pursuit as a piece of cardboard with a circle on it. Halicki pointed at it and said, "That's the dust bowl. We went around it twice. There's your script.""

From here: Wiki on Halicki

If i remember correctly the Police, Fire, Ambulance and public were played by them selves.

There was a scene with an 'EAGLE' kit car of some sort, which was in fact on a test drive from a sports car dealership. He just went in and posed as a customer took it for a test drive and used it for filming instead lol.

The other thing that was good with the film was instead of having a string of the same cars incase one broke the same car was used through out. When the car spins out and hits the lamp post on the free way it does rip the front wheel off. After he regained conciousness it was repaired and filming carried on......

Just goes to show they dont make movies and movie stars like they used too lol:)

Researching a little further into Wiki, it looks like the original Eleanor was a 1973 Mach I. Go to the bottom of the page here and take a look at the car list. Eleanor is listed at the bottom of the list.

Researching a little further into Wiki, it looks like the original Eleanor was a 1973 Mach I. Go to the bottom of the page here and take a look at the car list. Eleanor is listed at the bottom of the list.

'BUGGER!' :ouch:

....OK so it looks like the Elenor from the 1971 film... lol:sly::sly::sly::sly::D

1967 Shelby GT500 "E" (where "E" stands for Eleanor)

The standard GT500 didn't have the bodykit that Eleanor did, there were however a few models (not sure if it was aftermarket, I don't think so) with the correct bodykit. :)

I know this because it is my #1 Dreamcar.

Don't know too much about which year/model was used in the gone in 60 seconds films, but even so the one in the game looks sweet.

1967 Shelby GT500 "E" (where "E" stands for Eleanor)

The standard GT500 didn't have the bodykit that Eleanor did, there were however a few models (not sure if it was aftermarket, I don't think so) with the correct bodykit. :)

I know this because it is my #1 Dreamcar.

The company (Unique Performance) that built the Eleanor kit cars ended up going under and alot of them went to jail for VIN tampering and theft. Alot of the cars they built were hack jobs and even with very little miles on them bondo was falling off them. The suspension in the stunt movie car was a full race/coil over setup from total control. The 67' body kit was partially designed by Chip Foose.

Hell some of the people that paid 80k+ didn't even get a car. They totally lost out.

There's so many cool Mustangs. It's a shame there's so few of them in the game. Instead we've got a gazillion Nissans and Honda's...

I wish they had the 2011 body style, especially the Shelby Super Snake:

2011_shelby_supersnake_3.jpg

A totally badass beast of a machine.

I'm trying to cut back on my car collecting to save up for the F1 car I'll eventually need. Although I still buy old school muscle cars when I see them. That is one fine looking car paulfindon 👍

Isn't the original Eleanor a '67 Shelby GT 500?

The movie Gone in 60 seconds which came out a few years back was a remake of an older movie the Original used the Mach 1 and called it Eleanor. The remake used the Shelby.

I would also have loved to see this baby:

bullitt111732404912.jpg

I know Steve McQueen's son replicated the famous car his dad drove in Bullit. Would have been awesome if PD had put that car in the game...

Back