Advanced car damage will be introduced in a patch due to be released this week!

• Thread starter kevlon
  • 12 comments
Hi, I came across this on a Norwegian gaming site, It says that advanced car damaged will be added with a patch that is due "in the beginning of december " I translated the article in google translator ( sorry for bad translation) here it is ; ( http://www.pressfire.no/spesialer/intervjuer/2801/-GT5-fr-viktige-oppdateringer-i-lpet-av-neste-uke )

' MADRID (PressFire.no): During Wednesday's launch party in connection with "Gran Turismo 5" release, there were several who were excited in the saddle and was wondering exactly the same:

When will ( we see the ) actually damage model we have been told of this racing game, which will ensure that your initial problem will have consequences for you and not least, the car you drive?

This was something that was announced long before the launch, but which lacked when we finally got their hands on the game.

- Damage is being implemented in an update coming in early December, "said the boss, Kazunori Yamauchi.

The beginning of December, thats next week, so.

Yamauchi concluded his presentation by saying that he considers the "Gran Turismo 5 'launch as just the start of" something far greater. "

The disk you snap into the PS3 console reveals a game that should continue to grow in the weeks and months to come, "he claimed.

Yamauchi Gran Turismo described as a phenomenon, not just a game you should enjoy a few hours and then replace it with next month's release.

The ambition level is not lowered, in other words not worth mentioning now after the game is released.

Consider it as a launch of a new operating system - which needs some updates before it is completed, said the Polyphony Digital boss to press four on Wednesday night, a few hours after he had introduced the racer in front of games journalists and guests from around the world.

The online component is also enhanced through an update. This comes 27 November (ie tomorrow), it is now confirmed.

Damage model of "GT5" conspicuous by its absence when the game finally ended up in stores the 24th November, with the exception of a superficial, visual damage that you can achieve if you for example, is too close with the cars you see in front of you on the court.

The day after sjampis party in the City Hall of Madrid, met Yamauchi Nordic journalists to a seance where he had questions fired at him.

One of the most interesting thing that emerged here was that Polyphony Digital boss said this to questions about why the game has been postponed several times, and we have been forced to wait five and a half years after that "GT5" first was announced.

A reply that in many ways illustrates why we have had to wait so long for the first thoroughbred bilsimulatoren PlayStation 3

" There is a difference to finish something and perfecting it. "
"

So there ya go folks!! looks like we have a lot to look forward too!! ;):scared:👍

Indeed! Nothing can ever be perfected only improved, I think people forget that sometimes!

Indeed! Nothing can ever be perfected only improved, I think people forget that sometimes!

There is also a difference between finishing a product and releasing it, and releasing a product then finishing it.

Don't get me wrong i'm loving gt5, but it definitely has the feel of something they decided to bang out in time for christmas and finish on the go. Damage and leader-boards to cite 2 examples of this among many.

There is also a difference between finishing a product and releasing it, and releasing a product then finishing it.

Don't get me wrong i'm loving gt5, but it definitely has the feel of something they decided to bang out in time for christmas and finish on the go. Damage and leader-boards to cite 2 examples of this among many.

oh I totaly agree dude, just I feel some peoples expectations were too high! considering this generation of playstation hardware!👍

oh I totaly agree dude, just I feel some peoples expectations were too high! considering this generation of playstation hardware!👍

I also agree but I am 100% happy that I have GT5 sitting in my PS3 at home rather than waiting on another delay..

Last edited by a moderator:
I also agree but I am 100% happy that I have GT5 sitting in my PS3 at home rather than waiting on another delay..

good point, lets just be happy about thats its here ;) atleast they are still working on it, and i would think in a couple of months the game is spotless!

dont worry, BE happy! :sly:

Im all for the Advanced Damage Patch.............BUT....yep there is a but.

It will only work if they do something with the AI as well. I dont know about you guys, but as it is now you have to be miles infront of the AI, just so they dont swipe you and bang into you. It would be very fustrating if the AI did this and damaged the car.

If the damage is because of me then fine..........i will learn from it and try not to make the mistake again. 95% of the time tho its AI related and it would be very fustrating indeed. Heck its fustrating as hell now when they take you out and there isnt any damage done. Imagine how you would feel if they caused damage and totally ruined the race for you??.

AA

good point, lets just be happy about thats its here ;) atleast they are still working on it, and i would think in a couple of months the game is spotless!

dont worry, BE happy! :sly:

Only problem is, in a couple of months I'll have finished it...

Im all for the Advanced Damage Patch.............BUT....yep there is a but.

It will only work if they do something with the AI as well. I dont know about you guys, but as it is now you have to be miles infront of the AI, just so they dont swipe you and bang into you. It would be very fustrating if the AI did this and damaged the car.

If the damage is because of me then fine..........i will learn from it and try not to make the mistake again. 95% of the time tho its AI related and it would be very fustrating indeed. Heck its fustrating as hell now when they take you out and there isnt any damage done. Imagine how you would feel if they caused damage and totally ruined the race for you??.

AA

Yeah, surly that is a must, and that the damage effects the AI also, just just my car!

Back