EXP Grinding

• Thread starter no1gret
  • 93 comments
gret_88
Like a growing majority on here, i've reached the Lvl 21-22 stage where the experience needed to progress to the next level is starting to get a tad ridiculous.

So far, i've found the quickest way to grind some exp is on "Like the Wind" - Indy race. With the (recently unlocked) Toyota Minolta, the race takes less than 4 minutes and nets you 3,700-3,800exp and 70,000cr. Still, you need 89,000exp to progress from lvl 21-22 which is a good 24-odd races and takes almost two hours!!!

As i'd prefer to enjoy the game, trying different races rather than do the same one over and over and over (and over (and over)) again, does anyone know of anymore time/exp-efficient races to earn that little bit extra? (Before we all die of old age :grumpy:)

Good races for exp grinding:

1) American Championship (Extreme) - Indy - Takes about 4:00 minutes - Earns about 4,440exp for a win = 18.5exp/sec

1) American Champioship (Extreme) - Laguna Seca - Takes about 7:00 minutes - Earns about 7,800exp for a win = 18.5 exp/sec

2) Like the Wing (Extreme) - Indy - Takes about 3:30 minutes - Earns about 3,750exp for a win = 17.8 exp/sec

Last edited:
Try completing the special events, I found the Nascar events to be the easiest. They gain you lots of money + lots of XP.

and takes almost two hours!!!

To be fair, it wouldn't be called grinding if it was easy, it would be called something like gliding or... Something. Cough. I'm currently grinding my way to Level 20 because I can't be bothered to do the races I haven't done yet, I just keep doing the Turbo Challenge race at HSR, more for money than XP though to be honest, I'm just absorbing cars at the moment (I'm up to 112 I think).

I'm at this stage and I hav done most events I can but I've done most of the Special Events. I gold both Easy and Intermediate and one race on Advanced for Karting (I can't do well in the race at the mini Autumn Ring). I've golded the Kubelwagan/VW Samba Van race and bronzed the Lotus. I find the NASCAR ones annoying and hard on intermediate and the Toscana Rally Events (Grand Tour and Loeb Challenge) are impossible for me. I can only improve on the AMG events.

I'm at this stage and I hav done most events I can but I've done most of the Special Events. I gold both Easy and Intermediate and one race on Advanced for Karting (I can't do well in the race at the mini Autumn Ring). I've golded the Kubelwagan/VW Samba Van race and bronzed the Lotus. I find the NASCAR ones annoying and hard on intermediate and the Toscana Rally Events (Grand Tour and Loeb Challenge) are impossible for me. I can only improve on the AMG events.

Im the same with the last karting, cant seem to do it

So all these people grinding, what are you in such a rush to do? So you have raced every car from level 0 to 20? And there wasn't enough XP? What would you do if there was no grinding and everything was unlocked? Finish all the events in one day and never play the game again?

I don't understand this refusal to do any of the events more than once. How many times did we do FR event in GT4 over the years?

The experience grind, though it can be a pain at times, also puts you on the way to save up the much needed credits to purchase the Formula Gran Turismo (4.5 or 4.8 million?), plus hopefully enough extra credits in case you should need an oil, engine, and chassis refresh (1 million, give or take a few thousand).

Keep grinding away, and soon, you'll be able to do the the DTM Nordschleife (fun!) lap and American championship Indianapolis Speedway 5-lap (somewhat dull, but fast and easy) for 70 ~ 90k+ credits and decent experience.

Good luck!

👍

So all these people grinding, what are you in such a rush to do? So you have raced every car from level 0 to 20? And there wasn't enough XP? What would you do if there was no grinding and everything was unlocked? Finish all the events in one day and never play the game again?

I don't understand this refusal to do any of the events more than once. How many times did we do FR event in GT4 over the years?

For me i want some new challenges, im very suprised at how many times some tracks are repeated, id of though there would be more reverse tracks, night and rain in aspec, just looking for new challenges i guess

Hope you're looking forward to level 26 plus.. when all special events are completed :P

300-400k xp for level up. 2 hours endurance rewards anywhere between 110-150k xp.

epic FAIL from PD.

I want to get to the Vettel Challenge and unlock the X1.

If you want serious XP I would avoid single races.

Repeat championships, they get you tons of xp and plenty of money. Right now the Polyphony Digital serves me well.

The difference is we did them by choice, now you don't even have the option to play all the races unless you grind for a freaking year.

But we had license's in gt4 which if you wanted to, do them straight away and you have access to all events. Not in this one we dont!

I admit it gets a little frustrating having to complete some of the same races over and over again to try and get levels. But as for all the people complaining about how its sooooooo much xp between levels and how PD should have made it faster, i dont agree with that at all.

I mean, really.. the game has been out for what, a little over a week? and it sounds like a lot of people are complaining because they havnt reached every level there is to reach and unlocked everything there is to unlock.... I doubt PD would have spent 6 years or whatever it was to create a game that could be finished in a week lol.

I think its a good thing that you really have to put some effort in if you want to get anywhere, makes it that much nicer when you do reach that level you've been aiming for, or finally save enough credits to buy that car you've wanted.

Im on level 29. The bad news now is that I have to get 640000 points to get to the next level. 28 to 29 was bad enough but this is just insane now. Im just going to do the Indy 200 for as long as it takes to get to the next level now.

I admit it gets a little frustrating having to complete some of the same races over and over again to try and get levels. But as for all the people complaining about how its sooooooo much xp between levels and how PD should have made it faster, i dont agree with that at all.

I mean, really.. the game has been out for what, a little over a week? and it sounds like a lot of people are complaining because they havnt reached every level there is to reach and unlocked everything there is to unlock.... I doubt PD would have spent 6 years or whateverd it was to create a game that could be finished in a week lol.

I think its a good thing that you really have to put some effort in if you want to get anywhere, makes it that much nicer when you do reach that level you've been aiming for, or finally save enough credits to buy that car you've wanted.

A bit more variety would be nice though. Maybe create your own events, create your own tracks and race on them and get xp!

The 6 year comment goes both ways, we shouldn't have everything in the first week, but shouldn't be having to do the same events over and over again in the first week either.

I don't understand why there aren't move events. I have all gold on professional, expert and everything I have unlocked on extreme, minus the f1event since i don't have an f1car...

I skipped quite a few of the earlier events. Like why is one of the few events a lupo cup and another a yaris cup? I found it amusing that the game said there are about 10 different yaris in the game.

But there are enough tracks and enough types of car to have at least double the events. Like where are the 500hp type events? Or more interesting one make series like a GTR cup.

And some events only have 1 or 2 races. :(

A bit more variety would be nice though. Maybe create your own events, create your own tracks and race on them and get xp!

The 6 year comment goes both ways, we shouldn't have everything in the first week, but shouldn't be having to do the same events over and over again in the first week either.

Yeah i definitely agree about the variety, and that create your own event thing would be seriously awesome :)

Wow, alot of people with a lot of time on their hands! I think the grind is good, if it was easy half you people would be done the game already and probably complain its too easy.

Wow, alot of people with a lot of time on their hands! I think the grind is good, if it was easy half you people would be done the game already and probably complain its too easy.

Grind is not difficult it's simply time consuming, if there were difficult events like in GT4 I could live with that, so far the game has been really really easy and honestly I'm not even that great at GT.

Mike712
Grind is not difficult it's simply time consuming

That is my beef as I want to get the racy premiums and go racing online now :grumpy: Also the 'Grind' isn't spouse friendly :)

💡 Then again, maybe the grind is intended to buy time for PD to work on their updates :crazy:

It wouldn't be a problem if they had matchmaking then you could earn XP racing online

The grind sucks. It seems like it was their last-minute way of making the game artificially longer.

Bingo, its the typical JRPG way of taking a 10 hour game and artificially stretching it into a 100 hour game.

It wouldn't be so bad if there were more interesting events, and more of them, but its a bad design choice to make people re-race the same events over and over just to level up to unlock certain content.

Bottomline is, the game is very unbalanced, and quite limited in its content, with the XP mechanic slapped on top to stop everyone completing the whole game in a week.

Back