PD/Kazunori things we'd like to see for the next 1.0.6 update

• Thread starter digitalic
  • 111 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate the great efforts you and your team are taking to constantly improve on GT5 ever since its debut launch in November. To me that says something, that you guys actually are listening to your fans. With all due respect I'd like to point out a few things that I think would help further improve on the game for the next update. Here's a list to start things off. For others please feel free to contribute by adding what features or enhancements you'd like to see.

1) Please let us be able to save different tuning setups by providing us with "slots"

2) Would like to be able to customize each and every gear ratio for finer tuning of my vehicles.

3) The ability to let us save and resume our current state when doing endurance races in either a or b spec mode.

4) Ability to export our saved replays to youtube directly or to our GT5 Homepage on the web

5) A way for us to return our car back to "Stock/Factory" form. For instance I'd like to be able to remove certain parts and try out different setups.

6) Update the paint system, at least let us preview what it will look like before its applied. I'd like to see more flexibility with this, we should be able to pick from a palette any color we choose. This whole paint chip idea doesn't work too well for a lot of us. I'd like to be able to paint more than 1 vehicle the same color without having to find and collect multiple chips.

7) Online mode needs more options for the host. I'd like to see an option for people to only use cars from their personal garage only and not the recommended tab. An option for one make races that is determined by the host. Add a restriction to set the game for MT only. The more options you can set the better. One good example of this would be Halo Reach on the Xbox 360. Online is done extremely well and would be a good example for PD to follow.

Last edited:
saving during championship and endurance and fixed shadow. Off course work on converting standard to premiums. we want them.

Save when we go to pitstop in endurace.

better shadows

Standards Cars -> Premium Cars

SPA track

*Give host ability to adjust how much time everyone has to finish an online race. 20 seconds is rediculous. Tracks like the Nurburgring should be at least 2 minutes even for a 1 lap race.

*Give us the ability to race with the B-spec driver for the A-spec 24 hour races. Expecting us to run 24 hours on our own is archaic and more importantly unrealistic

*Make online racing horsepower/weight limit/ length of race visible from the lobby

*Make race status (how many laps are left) visible from the lobby

*For online, don't remove me from timing and scoring when I'm not on the track, otherwise it's worthless.

Thank you PD

3) The ability to let us save and resume our current state when doing endurance races in either a or b spec mode.

5) A way for us to return our car back to "Stock/Factory" form. For instance I'd like to be able to remove certain parts and try out different setups.

6) Update the paint system, at least let us preview what it will look like before its applied. I'd like to see more flexibility with this, we should be able to pick from a palette any color we choose. This whole paint chip idea doesn't work too well for a lot of us. I'd like to be able to paint more than 1 vehicle the same color without having to find and collect multiple chips.

I agree with your points exept those i quoted.

3) Also let us be able to save between races during championships

5) DONT AGREE. Some parts is just not to be undone. like the engine upgrade (Like in GT4 u could get more volum out off ur engine by ''drilling'' up the engine (my mechanical english aint that good sorry) wich im sure they have put into maybe level 3 engine upgrade. if u dont like what you've installed then just save up money for a new car i dunno lol.....

6) To be honnest.. I really like the way we gotta work to get the paint job and as in real life when painting your car you will have a peace of a test, you dont paint out your whole car just to see how it will look out...

just my thoughts about your thoughts lol

But I also would like to see more pit races... you know the kind of races we have to pit in. Im on extreme events and only races I've been into pit is those long races ONLINE.... :/ cant wait til endurance races though.

View (in-car) options in Online Multiplayer replays.

Replays in 2-player split screen mode.

Smoke. Option to turn down the amount and ease with which it's generated.

Room information displayed on the lobby screen (cars being used, tyres, regulations etc), so I don't have to join to find out I don't want to drive 800bhp Skylines with Rsoft tyres.

Option to perform engine overhaul and chassis overhaul at the same time.

One-make-cup in practice mode pits you against cars identical to your own, not (as it is now) standard versions of the car you have modified.

Option to set any car as a spec-cup car in multiplayer.

seems like PD is really focusing on the online portion of the game which is a very good thing! That's where the replay value is. Most of us got GT5 for the online, and so far they have been improving it. :)

*Fix shadowss

*Ability to save in endruence and championships and a comfirm restart button!

*More events. New set of races or more special events

*Ability to buy paint chips

*More cars available to Race Mod

Thankyou!

*Give host ability to adjust how much time everyone has to finish an online race. 20 seconds is rediculous. Tracks like the Nurburgring should be at least 2 minutes even for a 1 lap race.

*Make online racing horsepower/weight limit/ length of race visible from the lobby

From what others have written, your first request has already been corrected in this patch. There is now an option to extend it between 20 seconds and 180 seconds (3 minutes). Although, I'm kind of beating my head against the wall with this one. If PD went through the trouble of adding this option, and I'm glad they did, you should have the option to extend it out to 6-7 minutes. If you're running a multi-class endurance race from the ring, you could have great battles taking place back through the field and 3 minutes is not really enough.

For the 2nd one, if you move the 'pointer' over a lobby and hold it there, I believe this information pops up, no?

- the power of call a votation to kick a player in lobby

- Mechanical damage in A-Spec and B-Spec

Thanks for this thread, author!!!

And thanks to PD/Kaz for 10+ years of great sim racing!!

View (in-car) options in Online Multiplayer replays.

Replays in 2-player split screen mode.

YES! I'll add to that, SINGLE-SCREEN REPLAYS OF SPLIT-SCREEN RACE (as in GT3).

I would humbly request for PD to add a hood view.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with all the 1.05 changes/additions so far :)

-Add 'Tags' or groups for cars in your garage. For example you could have a tab exclusively for what you've tagged as 'Rally cars' or 'LMP cars' or 'NASCAR', etc...

-A 'blank' (studio) selection for Photo Mode, for plain backgrounds.

-More car options for Photomode, for example Interior View, or opening Doors/Windows like the Forza Kinect demo thing.

-More than 1 car in a Photomode location.

-Allow different setups for tuning.

-Perhaps a rally series of events.

-Longer/Wet/Drag (as in IB-1) variations of the Top Gear Test Track

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before but I have not seen it in the forums. I personally would like to see the removal of the steering wheel (and obviously) driver arms in the cockpit view. I personally use a lcd mounted cockpit at home, this is the reason if people are wondering.

Cheers

You can already, your wishes are forfilled

I`d like to see my record lap times displayed for each track and the record lap by friends available to compare..

• Fix fully adjustable racing transmission. Allow individual gear ratio adjustments.
  • Allow all wheels on all premium cars. Some cars have a better wheel selection than others.
  • Add Race-Mod option to more cars.
  • Multiple set-ups per car. Perhaps allow naming of each set up (ex. Drift, Oval, Road Race).
  • Solid color background for Photomode, just like in dealership.
  • Better replay controls; Fast Forward and Rewind.
  • Allow paint items to be used more than once, perhaps unlimited uses.
  • Improve shadows and smoke effects. I'm sure there is room for better optimization.
  • Allow saving in between championship races like in Gran Turismo 4.
  • Allow saving during pit stop in endurance races.

That's what I'd like to see in the next update(s).

About that saving endurance race progress, maybe they could put the time we took to complete it to show how hard or easy it really was for them.

-Add 'Tags' or groups for cars in your garage. For example you could have a tab exclusively for what you've tagged as 'Rally cars' or 'LMP cars' or 'NASCAR', etc...

Yup - I like having stock and tuned versions of the same model, and with 200+ cars in the garage, it's a minor pain to load them up to see which is which... I've been painting all my tuned cars black to make it easier to remember ;) Would be nice to be able to tag it...

-Longer/Wet/Drag (as in IB-1) variations of the Top Gear Test Track

No doubt - the track is wet at least 1/3 of the time in the show... And wasn't there drag race footage in a teaser movie on the runway with the lights on at dusk?

But I must say - really happy with the fixes in 1.0.5 - hit just about everything major on my list :)

Why can't we run Tokyo backwards. Not moaning just asking. Seems odd PD missed that variation opportunity. Actually I can't remember if Rome can be run backwards either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back