McLaren F1 '94 (not Stealth)

• Thread starter SS_1182
  • 24 comments
user27564
mcf1e.jpg

McLaren F1 '94 (standard, non-Stealth version)

This car is a monster if you drive it right, and more than a handful if you don't. It's very light, and it has a lot of power. This setup gives the car great stability and handling, and leaves the rest of the responsibility for the driver to control the throttle. I purchased all of the possible upgrades available for this car, and it's running at 864hp, weighing at 970kg. Transmission was left at default mph, and should be adjusted accordingly to adapt to your current track.

Aero: 20/65
LSD: 15/28/18
Height: -17/-14
Springs: 17.3/18.4
Ext: 7/7
Com: 7/7
Roll: 3/4
Camb: -2.6/-1.9
Toe: -0.07/0.13
Brakes: 7/5

This car will really eat up corners if you control your entry speed. As is the case with many high-powered, low-weighted race cars, the main things to watch out for are controlling the throttle in the lower gears, and especially so on corner exit. That's what really makes cars like this one, the 787B, and the Zonda the best in the hands of skilled drivers. I tuned this car on Nürburgring GP/D, with average times in the 1:23 range. Fastest lap was 1:23:680, which I'm sure a better driver can beat by at least a second or two.

Enjoy the tune, hope it helps.

Last edited:
Thank you very much guys. Glad the tune worked for you! Daftpunk, I used racing soft tires. I'm a bit torn between whether or not I want to set up my cars for racing hard tires and add softs later, but really I haven't had many online experiences where racing softs weren't allowed, and I'm of the philosophy that you should tune your cars for how you will actually be driving them. I prefer racing soft tires when I'm competing and so that's how I set my cars up. This car could potentially be troublesome with racing hard tires, but that's to be expected.

Like I said, it's character is somewhat of a downscaled Zonda, and throttle definitely needs to be addressed with care. I'd suggest considering a TCS setting for racing hard tires with this car. I don't use it, but it might be necessary for some drivers if they are going to be running this car with less efficient tires.

Last edited:
How can the Camber be minus? It doesn't let you do minus D:

You would never put positive camber on a performance car. So in the game, its always negative when you adjust it. :)

I will try this tune tonight. I just bought the car the other night and its so mean!

Finally went and bought one of these today! Such an awesome car. Drove it completly stock to start with, then added the aero, suspension and drivetrain mods. From what I can remember, the tune I ended up with on mine is quite close to yours, but by the sounds of it mine is a little more understeer-ish, but the back end is very compliant (only using 6axis controller, only ABS 1).
I had:
LSD as default
Height at -15/-12
Springs at 14.7/14.8
Shocks all at 6/6
Sway bars at 1/1
Camber at -3.0/-1.4
Toe at +0.02/+0.14
Brakes at 5/3

Did this running on Race Soft tyres, getting little to no wheelspin in 2nd exiting corners.
Maybe this could be a good base setting for Race Hard tyres, if your trying to keep the back end in check.

Note: tried the sway bars at 4/3 to start with, but the car felt too 'sharp' and would lose traction sooner. Referred to the default susp sway setting of 1/1 and it became much more driveable. Easier getting the front end into the corner, and kept the back end planted on the way out.

Is a pity I think, that PD didn't include the McLaren F1 LM model as well (like in OP pic). Already lighter weight and more race oriented gear ratios as standard.
I also painted mine in the Lotus Evora's Chrome Orange (metallic) paint, seems to be a better match to the F1 LM's Orange colour than the "Historic Orange" paint from the dealer.

Last edited:
Good tune. I just did 5 laps at Deep Forest in 6 minutes 15 seconds. And that was with a little reckless oversteering on some turns. Nice tune,man.

This is about as close to the real thing as you'll get.........

Purchace these parts ONLY....

Standerd F1
Areo= Front type A, and extention type A,............ NO REAR SPOILER............
Weight reduction= 1,2,3 and window weight reduction
Engine= Sports ECU
Intake= Racing Air Filter
Suspension= Fully Customisable Kit
Tyres= Racing Soft's

Run in, oli change, then SET TO......

Suspension...
Ride Height= Front -10, Rear -10
Spring Rate= Front 15.8, Rear 15.8
Dampers Extention= Front 3, Rear 2
Dampers Compression= Front 6, Rear 4
Anti-Roll Bars= Front 2, Rear 1
Camber Angle= Front 2.0, Rear 1.2
Toe Angle= Front-0.10, Rear 0.22

Breaks= Front 7, Rear 5
Tyres= Front Soft, Rear Soft

NOTE.... For over 220mph switch to a Fully Costomiseable Transmition and set to 400 for 229mph,,,,,,,,[Sarth/ SSR7]
For some reason the F.C.Transmition wont let me taylor each gear so For 97% of tracks keep the orignal transmition.

This setting keeps the F1's already awsome exhaust [ and sound ] also it's standard gears, you will find the weight at 970kg and power at 696bhp.
This setting is as skittish as the real thing and very playfull.
Note.....Over powering cars takes thir original feel away.
PS...This is a specific tune...

If you want it quicker buy.... NOTE>>>>>>>>>>[This will loose the beautifull back end I have given it]
Aero= Rear Wing and set to.....20-65
Engine= Stage 1
Exhaust=Sports Catalitic Converter
If you think it could take more give it more but only stiffen the Anti-Roll

Last edited:
mcf1e.jpg

McLaren F1 '94 (standard, non-Stealth version)

This car is a monster if you drive it right, and more than a handful if you don't. It's very light, and it has a lot of power. This setup gives the car great stability and handling, and leaves the rest of the responsibility for the driver to control the throttle. I purchased all of the possible upgrades available for this car, and it's running at 864hp, weighing at 970kg. Transmission was left at default mph, and should be adjusted accordingly to adapt to your current track.

Aero: 20/65
LSD: 15/28/18
Height: -17/-14
Springs: 17.3/18.4
Ext: 7/7
Com: 7/7
Roll: 3/4
Camb: -2.6/-1.9
Toe: -0.07/0.13
Brakes: 7/5

This car will really eat up corners if you control your entry speed. As is the case with many high-powered, low-weighted race cars, the main things to watch out for are controlling the throttle in the lower gears, and especially so on corner exit. That's what really makes cars like this one, the 787B, and the Zonda the best in the hands of skilled drivers. I tuned this car on Nürburgring GP/D, with average times in the 1:23 range. Fastest lap was 1:23:680, which I'm sure a better driver can beat by at least a second or two.

Enjoy the tune, hope it helps.

The car is very stable i like it a lot. My gearing was set pretty low so i had wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear. I like it how the front end doesent lift on initial throttle.
I tried it at the nurburgring, which this setting is very stiff for it the bumbps just throw you out of the turns. I would make the springs softer and the front sway bar a little stiffer though. Thank you, i had a problem with the front lift.

The car is very stable i like it a lot. My gearing was set pretty low so i had wheel spin in 1st and 2nd gear. I like it how the front end doesent lift on initial throttle.
I tried it at the nurburgring, which this setting is very stiff for it the bumbps just throw you out of the turns. I would make the springs softer and the front sway bar a little stiffer though. Thank you, i had a problem with the front lift.
I have a new spec like this, "springs softer and the front sway bar a little stiffer"
This is one of my favorite cars also , if you want to give e test, i'll apreciate some feedback, thanks.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5202760#post5202760

You would never put positive camber on a performance car. So in the game, its always negative when you adjust it. :)

I will try this tune tonight. I just bought the car the other night and its so mean!

Nascars run a huge amount of positive camber.Latest nascar race at Michigan the 48 spun early,when he drives off the camber is showing,it looked bent but wasnt.i know its only for nascars and maybe sprintcars,and im not sayin anyones wrong,cheers
The PIG not the stig

Hey Neo-666, that tune was amazing!! I had traction on 5, top speed @ 224 mph on the Grand Valley Speedway(Tuned Car Grand Prix, Expert Series, Spec A), I didn't lose my arse end once coming out of purposely hard turns!! I'm impressed, most enjoyable run I ever had on that track!! 2 Thumbs up!! 👍👍

P.s.- it works good on the indy road course with the spec b driver on seasonal events Online-B Challenge w/ hard tires, as you predicted! :)

P.P.S.- Where can I find the Stealth Mode Mc Laren F-1?

Back