What is the "whitest white" in GT5?

• Thread starter danjee
  • 39 comments
United States
California
Clivus11
Anyone that mentions the color of LFA will be shot.

Now, GTP, I've been wondering: what is the absolute whitest shade of white in GT5? Like the 00000 equivalent?

More specifically, I want to match colors with the white box around the number on my Kart 125 SPL:

6509999469_84142ee7a8_b.jpg

Does anyone know how close I can get to matching that color?

I believe the the white paint chip on the premium Mercedes models (at least the SLR and the SLS have it, not sure about the others), called designoweiss is the one you need. (Not sure about the spelling)

I have a paint chip called "whitest white". I'm on vacation at the moment so I can't give you any more info than that.

Taffetas White (Found on fifth generation Honda Prelude). Check it out, I think it is the brightest white in the game.

there is one called superior white that i think is very bright and white. also one called frosty that is quite bright and a sweet name.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll mess around with some of these colors I'm hearing.

Looks like I have to shoot crowhop. ;)

Taffetas White (Found on fifth generation Honda Prelude). Check it out, I think it is the brightest white in the game.

It's not. I have my real life '96 Integra painted in that OEM colour, and it's got a slight tint of purple to it. Championship white from Honda is their purest white. As for the game, Alpinewiess, Whitest white and Swan white appear to be the whitest that I've come across.

It's not. I have my real life '96 Integra painted in that OEM colour, and it's got a slight tint of purple to it. Championship white from Honda is their purest white. As for the game, Alpinewiess, Whitest white and Swan white appear to be the whitest that I've come across.

How about Pegasus White?

The Lexus LFA offers a paint chip called "Whitest White" in fact haha, im not sure if indeed it is the whitest one but you could give it a shot! 👍

Championship white from Honda is their purest white

Not the purest white they offer.

The purest white Honda actually offer isn't the purest white in the game. I think Nissan have some amazing pure whites.

Just out of interest, has anyone used the Gran Turismo white paint chips? Perhaps those are more pure, I have two but haven't looked at them.

I second that. Taffetas white kinds of remind me of the in-game CR-Z intro, the white one that flood the entire screen... awful :)

But somehow out in the field the white lose some of its lustre, due to the reflective coating. You might want to play around with Matte White as well.

Solid (in order of whiteness, based on my failing eyesight with paint preview car model)
Taffetas white (Honda)
Swan white (Mazda)
Pegasus white (Toyota)
Can-Am white (Chevrolet)
Crystal White (Mazda / Nissan)
Whitest white = Glacier white

Pearl
White Diamond Pearl (Honda)

Matte
Matte White (GT5 paint)

Taffetas White
6614306471_40a0422988.jpg

Matte White
6614306293_b68e62f293.jpg

The image color and brightness are not adjusted outside of GT5 in anyway, but the in-game Auto-Exposure will mess up the whiteness a bit.

TBH I can't see much difference though. But I think the whitest white are on those OZ Snow Tyre Rims... :sly:

Last edited:
I have about 1600 paints, I sorted by hue and the purest one I found is swan white, it's actually really nice

The most blinding white I`ve seen yet is GT Pasteltone 007-C...I have it on one of my Alfa Romeo 8C Competizione `08 and it`s quite something to see.

Thanks for all the replies! I'll mess around with some of these colors I'm hearing.

Looks like I have to shoot crowhop. ;)
Haha! Ok, this is funny.
Of course, I didn't know that was an LFA color at the time.
But it made for some good humor.

Wow, thanks again for the replies everybody! I'll see how many of these colors I have and probably open up a thread in the Marketplace for the ones I don't have.

Happy New Year!

Judging from the little picture to the left of paint chips, I think Speedway White is pretty white.

Back