Ready for an upgarde. Pick my wheel.

• Thread starter simpleskin
  • 19 comments
simpleskin
After playing GT5 almost daily since it came out I'm ready to retire my G25. What shall it be then? The Fanatec CSR Elite or the Thrustmaster T500RS? I will get the shifter with either purchase.

Thanks!

-J

Last edited:
Thrustmaster T500RS...i have a G27 and no plans to change it but a friend changed his G25 for that one and he is very glad with it.

Also he said that GT5 feels much better with it.

The Fanatec is good too but if you play on the PS3 and on PC as well go for the T500RS. Best price and great quality compared to the Fanatec.

It depends on the platforms you want to use and the budget you have.

If I had to choose between the T500RS and the new Fanatec CSR Elite I would go for the Fanatec in a hurry. All reviews point towards it being much better than the Thrustmaster, specially in the pedals department. The T500RS pedals lack the load cell and the force feedback brake pedal (the website says it vibrates when wheels lock up). Also, the rims look much nicer than the one of the T500RS and are covered in Alcantara rather than rubber. The Fanatec costs more and doesn't have a shifter as of yet but reviews of the damn thing already say it's awesome, and it certainly looks so.

It ultimately depends on you really. Look at reviews for both wheels, examine your budget and ask yourself how much you want to spend. The T500RS goes for like $550 or $600 (wheel+pedals) while the Fanatec costs $950 (wheelbase+ GT wheelrim+pedals).

It ultimately depends on you really. Look at reviews for both wheels, examine your budget and ask yourself how much you want to spend. The T500RS goes for like $550 or $600 (wheel+pedals) while the Fanatec costs $950 (wheelbase+ GT wheelrim+pedals).

You mention CSR Elite, but ultimately talk about CSW, especially price-wise.

You're thinking about the CSW. The CSR Elite is a bit less. :)

You mention CSR Elite, but ultimately talk about CSW, especially price-wise.

That's true. Sorry, I got the acronyms mixed up. I always confuse those two. CSR is the Forza branded one and CSW is the upcoming one with various rims, right?

After playing GT5 almost daily since it came out I'm ready to retire my G25. What shall it be then? The Fanatec CSR Elite or the Thrustmaster T500RS? I will get the shifter with either purchase.

Thanks!

-J

I would trust more to fanatec as support of t500RS in some games is still a bit questionable. However I would lean towards t500 is you can get good deal on one and mostly play GT5.

I would trust more to fanatec as support of t500RS in some games is still a bit questionable. However I would lean towards t500 is you can get good deal on one and mostly play GT5.

I agree with that.

If you have no budget however go with Fanatec

Also the Fanatec CSR-E seems to be far more reliable than the prior Fanatec products.

Did you see this.
528300_342793832463286_789045309_n.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It depends on the platforms you want to use and the budget you have.

If I had to choose between the T500RS and the new Fanatec CSR Elite I would go for the Fanatec in a hurry. All reviews point towards it being much better than the Thrustmaster, specially in the pedals department. The T500RS pedals lack the load cell and the force feedback brake pedal (the website says it vibrates when wheels lock up). Also, the rims look much nicer than the one of the T500RS and are covered in Alcantara rather than rubber. The Fanatec costs more and doesn't have a shifter as of yet but reviews of the damn thing already say it's awesome, and it certainly looks so.

I have to correct you in some points:

- Fanatec pedals do not have real FFB. The vibration motor just vibrates at a pre-determined amount of pedal pressure. There is no connection from the sim, which tells the pedals that the wheels lock up so it has to vibrate.

- Most users of CSR-E complain about the cheap and ugly wheel rim. So this is considered as the biggest "con" of this wheel. The CSR-E rim has only Alcantara patches at 3 and 9 o'clock. The older Porsche (GT2 and GT3) wheels are fully covered by Alcantara.

I have to correct you in some points:

- Most users of CSR-E complain about the cheap and ugly wheel rim. So this is considered as the biggest "con" of this wheel. The CSR-E rim has only Alcantara patches at 3 and 9 o'clock. The older Porsche (GT2 and GT3) wheels are fully covered by Alcantara.

He was talking about the csw

That's true. Sorry, I got the acronyms mixed up. I always confuse those two. CSR is the Forza branded one and CSW is the upcoming one with various rims, right?

Really? I think he mixed something up but did not clarify until now.

Get the CSW. The wheel rim on the CSR-Elite really is terrible in my opinion.

If you can't afford the $900 or so for the CSW + wheel + pedals for the all around better package go for the T500RS which you can find for probably $500 (US). But then you get inferior pedals with that package.

Mahnegold
Maybe you could be so kind, and tell me what you consider as to be incorrect?

I almost missed it too... I think they are referring to this post

CarBastard

Edit:
CSR-E ($540) + CSP V2 ($250) = $790 + shipping

CSW base ($450) + GT2 rim ($250) + CSP V2 ($250) = $950 + shipping (CSW can use F1 rim instead for a total of $880)

G27 ($220) (on amazon, pedals and H-Patttern and shipping included) = $220 (Amazon.com, shipping included) and possibly room for a brake mod

T500 RS ($553) + TH8 RS ($150) = $703 (Amazon.com, shipping included)

Take your pick :)

Last edited:
Yeah who need logic. Both of your posts were incorrect corrections, live with it.

What would we do without the content police?

Quite abrasive considering that both of us made an effort to understand, is it really necessary?

Quite a "hair trigger" axe you seem to need to grind.

Last edited:

Thanks!

-J

If it was between the CSR Elite or the T500RS the better wheel would be the CSR Elite. In the past Fanatec reliability has be questionable at best, but the elite seems to be holding its on. The only real drawback on the CSR-Elite is the wheel rim, it isnt as good as it should be for being on a 500$+ wheel. But a new formula rim is in the works as you can see with the picture of vettel signing one.

But now with the CSW reviews out I would'nt even want the T500RS or even the elite, If you have enough for a T500 or an Elite maybe just hold off for a little while longer and save up and get the CSW.
The Elite (which comes with no pedals ) is 540$, the CSW Base with only the Formula Rim is 630$ or you could chose to go with the more expensive GT rim. The CSW is truly that much better, and If you one day decide to branch out from just GT5 you will be happy you own the CSW.

It's worth considering since you are already thinking in that price range.

Back