free $10 voucher from PSN

Skygrasper550

Back and forth between gaming and Gunpla
Premium
Philippines
Philippines
skygrasper_550--
As soon as I get back home from work, I do the usual. Boot up my PS3 and play GT5 for a while. To my surprise, I received a message from PSN titled "$10 voucher" or something. It contained a short message and an attachment, pointing to a free $10 voucher. After reading the message, I selected the attachment, and there I was, redirected to the PS Store :odd: A pop-up window appeared and it contained a 12-character code similar to ones you can find in PSN vouchers you can buy at game stores. As soon as I confirmed that code, $10 was added to my wallet. FOR FREE. Sweet! :D Has anyone else received a message like this? :embarrassed:

It's also interesting to note that I received the message at around 2:05PM yesterdat, GMT +8. I think it's just before Sony's Playstation forum, if I'm not mistaken.

If you guys need any proof, I'll be more than happy to take a picture of that message once I get back home.

I received one also. The message popped up while playing and I thought it was a spam message and then saw a post on Joystiq a little later talking about it. It was a nice surprise.

I received one also. The message popped up while playing and I thought it was a spam message and then saw a post on Joystiq a little later talking about it. It was a nice surprise.

Indeed it is. :embarrassed: last night my brother wondered where or how the hell did I get that, and he doesn't seem to remember getting anything like that. I have yet to ask him if he got it too when I get home.

I thought it was spam as well. but judging by just how the avatar and username appear in the message, it seems legit enough. The username shows " [PSN] " . I know for sure brackets aren't allowed in creating usernames, hyphens/dashes and underscores are the only special characters allowed. Plus, the avatar is the PSN logo, which is not available to all users.

A friend got one but not me :(

I spend money too!

I don't spend much money on DLC as well LOL, I only load my PSN wallet whenever I see something that's really worth buying.

Eks
Whst did you get them for? I didn't get anything. :(

I don't know LOL, it just says in the message that I have been a "loyal customer and fan of the PlayStation Network" . :dunce:

Don't hold me to this, but maybe it you got it for logging on before or during the event? Or as the message says, a loyal customer? :P

Ugh. I was asleep all day yesterday so I wouldn't have got it anyway if it was because of the event, oh well. Congrats on the free vouchers though 👍

Last edited:
No I got it about 8 hours before the event, I read this article on IGN which said they are sending money to people, I opened and found it

I just got today, the subject says : $10 Credit, sent from [PSN]
"Thank you for being a loyal customer and fan of the Playstation Network. As a token of our appreciation, we've sent you $10.00 to spend on the PlayStation Store! Click on the link below to redeem your credit. Code expires 3/5/13."

Cool move PSN :cool:

8494461439_5db0e3923c_z_d.jpg

Last edited:
I didn't get anything either, perhaps they can't send them all out at once, though I don't know why the wouldn't have them all out by now.

They sent them out if you spent a certain amount of money in the store. If you read IGN it has it on the bottom.
While I got it but some of my friends did not and we were both on before the event.

Got to get on before my bro does. He spent my last free $5 voucher on wall papers. Its my ps3 though.

Back