Tokyo Endurance - 787B

• Thread starter LoudMusic
  • 51 comments
Originally posted by LoudMusic
Spoon as in the gray one, or the racer in blue and yellow?
:D The Blue & Yellow one. I've never understood why PD went to all the trouble to include these Super JGTC "Jr" cars & gave them Nowhere to Race!?!?:irked: :confused: At least the Clio got it's own Series.👍...UB57
:D

FRACK! That means I sold my one from Amature Stars & Stripes. SOB. I have to do Grand Valley Endurance to get another, and no telling how many times it's going to take.

Now I feel like a dork. I have to win a Spoon S2000 Racer.
HOLD ON!!!
:banghead: Just checked my HP Chart & it shows the Spoon S2000 Racer w/Max of 355HP. May not be enough to keep up w/the "Real" JGTC Racers. I'll try to do a test tomorrow BEFORE you set off on a quest to win it!...UB57

PS: Both the Razo & Autobacs Max out @ 512 HP, so finding a tune around 400 shouldn't be a problem!

Thanks for the tips UB, I'll detune the MR-S to around 400 horses and go from there. For the record, I had it at the peak 512 hp; it was close at first but by the last turn you'll see the JGTC cars fading away in your rear view mirror, that is if they're not gone already.
And yeah, the Spoon S2000 is hardly good enough material to run against rally cars, let alone JGTC vehicles. 👎

LM, it may against your principles, but do you have a gameshark? A 'GS' comes in real handy when you want to win a certain car given in an enduro. Particularly a enduro one has already won before.
Let it be known I don't 'shark' GT3 just to win F1 cars or the such, I'm just suggesting a less time-consuming method to get that S2000.

Originally posted by UB57
:eek: With How Much HP??? :confused:
:D IMO: To have a decent Race w/JGTC Cars you have to be about 100 HP LOWER than they are. If you have the same HP in a similar chassis you'll "Hammer 'em" for sure. I'm gonna try the Razo Sylvia w/385-425 HP soon as these guys are running 485-525 HP. phattboy is fine tuning a Clio, maybe we can get LoudMusic to give the Spoon S2000 a try. That way we'll have all the 299HP (Stock) Racers covered.👍...UB57

:cool: :cool: phattboy done! and phattboy phatter :cool: :cool:

After all the testing and pre-running, I settled on The Clio with about a Stage 1.5 turbo (Tuned special to 425 HP if anyone wants it let me know... Not a hard thing to do though if you have MK's and a sharkport.)

Normally the Clio starts at 308. Not enough for me to win on T2's.

Add the Stage 1 turbo to up the stock to 354 HP. Still not enough for me to win on the T2's.

Add the Stage 2 turbo to up the HP to 455 and it was see you later guys and well on my way to lapping 2 to 3 times on the leaderboard by my calculations.

Drop down to Stage 1 turbo and play with the tires. Couldn't quite keep up on T3's... Might be a driver problem.

Stage 1.75 turbo? 435 HP. Slowly pulling away and had the race easily in hand by lap 20 running T2's again.

1 1/4 pounder at 400 HP, still light in the loafers. Still might be a driver problem.;) Pretty close though if I ran T-3. Too many pits I fear.

Did the Three Little Bears Syndrome (To Hot, To Cold, Ahhhh... Just right :lol: ) Just right appeared to be what I call the 1 1/2 lb Turbo:D 425 HP Which made a Power to Weight ratio of 2.705 and a Torque to Weight ration of .263 for those who are interested.

The Race you say? After 2 hours, 48 minutes and 14.191 seconds, I crossed the finish line 7.611 Seconds ahead of the Denso Sard Supra!:D

My fastest lap was 1'38.46 on lap 32, my last lap was a dismal 1'41.951 and most of them in between were 1'39.XXX to 140.XXX except for the pit stop laps. The best lap I made coming out of the pits was a 1'45.XXX and the worst was a 1'47.XXX. I pitted on a 20 lap schedule. I lapped the Skyline brothers (all three there) 2 times each and was twenty seconds back of lapping the third place Tom's Supra. Want more info?:confused: I probably have it somewhere on this notepad:)

Some side notes are:

My oil light blinked on somewhere in the late 60's, I ended up with 405 HP (PWR 2.839, TWR .276), Collected Monopoly money of 400k and put a GT-One Roady in the house.

The last ten laps of the race were misery. The last lap of the race, I only ran about a second slower than the previous lap but miraculously the Denso found a run of 4 seconds on me. That happened a lot in the race. The Denso started out pitting on a 14 lap schedule, went to 15 laps, then to 16. Weird:rolleyes: Never seen that. When he was supposed to pit in the 70's, he never really pitted on the map, just gave me my 20 seconds and kept on going.

My thumb hurts :(

Edit: Oh yeah... I was so proud of my bad self I saved the replay just for braggin' on.:cool:

phattboy

Another edit: BTW... I only messed with the HP to get the race as tight as I could. Everything else was factory.

phattboy...
driver of the only true GTC mini-van Clio the Killer of Giants :lol:

Originally posted by Sleek Stratos
Thanks for the tips UB, I'll detune the MR-S to around 400 horses and go from there. For the record, I had it at the peak 512 hp; it was close at first but by the last turn you'll see the JGTC cars fading away in your rear view mirror, that is if they're not gone already.
And yeah, the Spoon S2000 is hardly good enough material to run against rally cars, let alone JGTC vehicles. 👎

LM, it may against your principles, but do you have a gameshark? A 'GS' comes in real handy when you want to win a certain car given in an enduro. Particularly a enduro one has already won before.
Let it be known I don't 'shark' GT3 just to win F1 cars or the such, I'm just suggesting a less time-consuming method to get that S2000.

Good info, though I'm going to try to have fun winning another (:

:irked: Well, at least it Started Out as a TEST!!! 2 Hours & 49+ Minutes later I know the C-West/Razo Silvia w/409HP is in "Over It's Head" in my Hands!!! Used a "Hi-Mile" (785) car I had left over from an old OLR comp. Only thing I changed was tyres from T5s to T2s & the Oil. Starting HP 409 / Ending HP 381. Was really "Holding My Own" 'till the Oil Lite came on about Lap 60, then I steadily fell behind. Only had 2 Laps in the 1'39.xxx range & way too many in the 1'41.xxx range after that. Best Lap (#40)1'38.702.

At least I've now got a real good idea what it takes to win this race. The Denso Supra finished in 2 Hours 48'32.335 about 1 Minute 16.xxx Seconds ahead of me.

Really should have spent some time "Tuning" as the Understeer was pretty bad & the tyre wear was TERRIBLE! If I dialled in the chassis better, thus eliminating One Pit Stop & started w/a "Fresh" ride, I "Might" be able to win this thing.:lol: ...UB57 :D

Ooooops!!! Forgot to say "Congrats phattboy!!!":cheers: You had the race I was lookin' for. :eek: :eek: :eek:

So the Razo Silvia might be the way to go, if with a few adjustments you could make up that 75+ second loss. I mean, that's less than 1 second per lap! Good info ... I'll look into it.

2 Hours & 49+ Minutes later... :eek: :eek: :eek:

That had to hurt:( But I know why you kept going...

I know for me as it approached the end and the Denso started to make a run at me, I'm sitting there :nervous: :nervous: Have I got enough? Have I got enough? :nervous: :nervous:

This is darn good information. Admittedly, darn hard fought for but, good information in spite of that. Ain't no question about what it takes to run this race if anyone wants to know now.

Fast lap of 1'38.702 with 409 HP!!! In a zone!!!:cool:

Ain't it amazing how just a couple of HP and a couple tenths/hundreds of seconds can make in an enduro?

phattboy

Afterthought: MY Denso can beat YOUR Denso :lol: (2 hours 48'21.802)

Denso Shmenso. Supra Shmupra. Give me Honda power or give me death! (PLEASE give me Honda power, I don't want to die young)

:D Well, since the weather Sucks again today & I've got an "outdoor" project on hold, I decided to run this thing ONE More Time!!! My only dilemma was do I use a FRESH 409HP ride like yesterday or take a page outta phattboy's playbook & "Doctor" the turbo slightly. I opted for "Plan #2" & WOW What A Race!!!

I used MK's to add about 3% more HP for a starting level of 420. Final HP was 400 on the dot, yielding a before & after P/W of 2.738/2.875. Changed the Chassis Set-up fairly radically looking for better tyre wear but didn't find it. Still only managed 17 Laps between Pit Stops so paused @ Laps 17, 34, 51, 68 & 84.

Without TWO MOMO Glitches, (one of which occured just past the Pit Exit on Lap 99 & Slammed me head first into the Turn #1 Tyre Wall just after passing the Raybrig NSX in the Pits!!!), the finish would most likely have been identical to phattboy's Clio Report. As it was, after 2 Hours 48 minutes & 40.326 Seconds I "Nosed Out" the Denso Supra by 00.096' & the Raybrig NSX by 00.490' :eek: :eek: :eek: Best Lap was 1'37.636 on Lap #4!!! Expected to see lots more but only had a few in the 37s but lots in the 38s.

About the First Third of the Race was filled w/close competition Vs the Denso Supra. The Middle Third was pretty "Lonesome" & the Final Third featured several battles w/the Raybrig NSX. What I found "AMAZING" was that not counting the MOMO Glitch the Raybrig made up about 10 seconds in the Final TWO LAPS!!! :eek: A 'Word to the Wise": Don't get too confident if you're still in a close Race by Lap #98, these guy's last two Laps are "Unreal!"

Haven't checked to see if the SuperAutoBacs Apex MR-S can be adjusted to a suitable HP but am kinda disappointed in the "Tune-ability" of the Razo. HP jumps from 409 to 512 w/the only upgrades available. I sure wish they'd added one more "Turbo" somewhere in the middle. Like phattboy I'll make the 420HP Version available to anyone who'd like to use it for a LONG/CLOSE Race. I'm pretty sure now that winning w/409HP is "Out of Reach" for me.

Thanx to anyone who's "waded" thru all this & remember the 420HP Ride is a "Hybrid" & therefore NOT eligible for GT3Times or Racing Line listing!!!...UB57

Denso Shmenso. Supra Shmupra. Give me Honda power or give me death! (PLEASE give me Honda power, I don't want to die young)
Get that "X-Port" LoudMusic!!! 👍
:D And I'll gladly build you (or show you how to build for yourself) a S2000 or any other Honda that'll make for a fun race here!!!...UB57

As it was, after 2 Hours 48 minutes & 40.326 Seconds I "Nosed Out" the Deso Supra by 00.096' & the Raybrig NSX by 00.490' :eek: :eek: :eek:
Dang, UB! That destroys just about any claim for a close race I've ever heard! I don't think that will be topped ever, at least in terms of margin/length ratio! Excellent work and sounds like a nail biter to say the least...

Yeah man, definitely exciting. But without the hardware malfunctions where do you think you would have finished?
:D "Probably" Six to Eight seconds :eek: ahead of the Denso Supra...UB57 :D

Off topic; but the Spoon S2000 isn't a JGTC racer - I think it runs in Super Taikyu - those cars are much more stock tune, but they can put different bodykits & wings on them.

Originally posted by justin_g
Off topic; but the Spoon S2000 isn't a JGTC racer - I think it runs in Super Taikyu - those cars are much more stock tune, but they can put different bodykits & wings on them.
Hi justin_g:
:D And Welcome to GTP Forums! 👍 Thank You for the Correction as well. Where I live the ONLY racing you're likely to see is (dare I say a foul word?) "Nascar" so I remain fairly ignorant of what's happening in the rest of the world. I've always wondered why the Spoon racer was a little down on HP even compared to the C-West Razo Silvia & SuperAutobacs MRS & thanks to you, now I know! :cheers:...UB57 :D

I wonder if they're adding more JGTC cars in GT4. It would be nice to see lots of them - even the ones that come in much lower on the list. I wonder why they don't have any Mazda JGTC cars ... that yellow RX-7 would be awesome.

Back