covertibles

• Thread starter zorak
  • 83 comments
PublicSecrecy
...and then your driver gives him the finger and flies past in his Koenigsegg CCR? oh man wouldnt that be awesome. If only it could happen :( :bowdown:

Something like that would be awesome! Bump into a driver too often, and not only does he drive more agressively, but he gives you the finger and shakes his fist at you every chance he gets.

And a special "taunt" button where we can flip off other drivers. That would be king. :)

Jedi2016
Something like that would be awesome! Bump into a driver too often, and not only does he drive more agressively, but he gives you the finger and shakes his fist at you every chance he gets.

And a special "taunt" button where we can flip off other drivers. That would be king. :)
Imagine the possibilities in B-Spec or Photo Mode ... :sly: It would be especially funny if the game took a photo of the winner crissing the Finish Line.

But I don't think it would happen ... at least not with a 3+ rating.

franz
there are some convertibles in GT4P, such as Copen, beat, SL55
when you in car selection, they are open top
but while you race, they all cover up except 350z

Yeah, What's up with that! I really wonder if only a few number of cars will have the top down feature...

all I can believe is the game cannot handle too many polygons
like we did in GT3, we only have 4 cars total for route5 rain
so the same goes to cars if the polygons more than usual

Just for your info
I tried comparing driving Nursnow in GT4P with 6 cars and with my car only
while race with 6 cars, the screen becomes alot more flickering

I'm pretty sure there's going to be top down driving and there might be an option to have it up or down
Iv'e seen pics of the SSR with it's top up and down

there are 2 top down pics of SSR
one is from car selection screen from E3
another one from render
they are not from in-game driving unfortuniately

I've noticed that in arcade mode, you can choose top up or down, but in simulation mode, I don't seem to have the option. The top is always up. Is there a way to change this in simulation mode?

oryan_dunn
I've noticed that in arcade mode, you can choose top up or down, but in simulation mode, I don't seem to have the option. The top is always up. Is there a way to change this in simulation mode?
No. No way in simulation or photo mode. Photomode depends on how the car looks at the dealership, if top is up, it will be up, if top is down, it will be down.

Thanks for using search function for this info. There are better threads on the subject here, but at least you didn't start a new one. :)

dhwebb
No. No way in simulation or photo mode. Photomode depends on how the car looks at the dealership, if top is up, it will be up, if top is down, it will be down.

Thanks for using search function for this info. There are better threads on the subject here, but at least you didn't start a new one. :)

When I searched, this came up with a few other threads, but this was the only one that seemed relevant. I was almost sure that someone had to have asked the same question, but the search didn't turn anything up. I always hate when people start a new thread when there is already a thread on the next page -sometimes even on the first page- with the same info.

Anyways, thanks for the info. To bad you can't select the top position in simulation. It seems like if they added the choice in arcade, then you could do it in simulation as well.

The top will always be up in sim mode unless you are alone on the track on with only 1 other car. The reason for this is the number of polygons used in creating the driver. It's the same story with the "special cars" (Nike One, Toyota MTRC, Caterham, etc.) Phil Frank, the designer of the Nike Car told us that car uses 5 times the polygons as a normal car - so simply put the PS2 cannot handle a top down car and more than one other car.

I found another "top down" car. The Suzuki GSX-R/4 is raceable (with only stock tuning it keeps up well in the MR challenge), and always has a driver visible.

It was a bit of work to acquire, but well worth it.

You can have up or down in gt mode but you cannot choose. When its raining or something I guess but I have experianced my fully modded s2k and miata with their tops up and down.

all the LMP and f1 cars also have exposed drivers as well, I suppose my expanation only fits with cars where more of the driver is exposed than just his/her head.

yeah thats odd, but the only part you see is there leanig head.any way i love drifting my tamora, the driver looks out the side window :drool: . gt5 will have like people going threw the windshield...i hope lol :)

The Honda S2000 had its top up for regular races, but had its top down for practice sessions. I believe the top was down for a couple special conditions events I drove it in. Mine was used- and not the type V err whatever... I don't know if that matters.

oryan_dunn

How do I raise and lower the top in arcade mode?

When you select a convertable right before the race starts, i think its on the screen that asks you what kind of transmission you want to use.

dbartucci
The top will always be up in sim mode unless you are alone on the track on with only 1 other car. The reason for this is the number of polygons used in creating the driver. It's the same story with the "special cars" (Nike One, Toyota MTRC, Caterham, etc.) Phil Frank, the designer of the Nike Car told us that car uses 5 times the polygons as a normal car - so simply put the PS2 cannot handle a top down car and more than one other car.

I don't know, Ive been in races with my viper and only 1 other car, and the top is still down. I think that there were just some cars that PD didn't make an interior for.

homer110123d
I don't know, Ive been in races with my viper and only 1 other car, and the top is still down. I think that there were just some cars that PD didn't make an interior for.

Do you mean up? And I don't disagree that some cars will never have their tops down, I was speaking more to the question of why sometimes the top is down and other times up.

dbartucci
Do you mean up?

Ya sorry

And I don't disagree that some cars will never have their tops down, I was speaking more to the question of why sometimes the top is down and other times up

:dunce: Oh) but again, i think that PD just didn't do all of them, because I raced the viper alone/w/ 1 other car and the top is always down.👍

Latest Posts

Back