BreakerOhio 900 Degree Demonstration Video

BreakerOhio
I am providing this video to help demonstrate drifting with the 900 degree wheel. This is a replay in first person with the 900 degree wheel displayed to help show how drifts are intiated and controlled using the 900 degree wheel. Enjoy!

:cheers:
Working Link since 6/02/05

Very interesting Breaker. Thanks a lot. I think this will help dispel the myth that you can't drift with a DFP or that it's just to hard.

good stuff breaker
helpful for me while i'm still in the adjustment phase with my DFP

looks like i have the about the same wheel speed that you do,
i just have to get a feel for how much countersteer i have to give it without weaving too much.
This should give me some guidance in that regard. Thanks :cheers:

lol nice video, i got a chance to drift with it a little bit when it was set up at best buy, i have always loved drifting with the steering wheel over the controller, it is so much easier. I can't wait to get this new steering wheel.

TankSpanker
good stuff breaker
helpful for me while i'm still in the adjustment phase with my DFP

looks like i have the about the same wheel speed that you do,
i just have to get a feel for how much countersteer i have to give it without weaving too much.
This should give me some guidance in that regard. Thanks :cheers:

Same problem here, thanks BreakerOhio:)👍:sly:

But I realy DON'T have the same wheel turning speed, it is that it can't be done automatic but if I imagine my hands on that wheel, they would have been ripped off by now:crazy::scared:

G-T-4-Fan
Same problem here, thanks BreakerOhio:)👍:sly:

But I realy DON'T have the same wheel turning speed, it is that it can't be done automatic but if I imagine my hands on that wheel, they would have been ripped off by now:crazy::scared:

My hands leave the wheel quickly as I toss the wheel into countersteer and then catch it. Depending on how fast my rear end kicks out. Normal motions is like this if I'm taking a right turn and the drift starts, as the rear kicks out I take my right hand off the wheel, pull down with my left hand to toss the wheel into countersteer, let is spin and catch it with my righr hand and massage the drift through the corner with both hands. On exiting, I realease my left hand and pull down with my righ hand to toss the wheel back to center. Hope you can visualize.

BreakerOhio
My hands leave the wheel quickly as I toss the wheel into countersteer and then catch it. Depending on how fast my rear end kicks out. Normal motions is like this if I'm taking a right turn and the drift starts, as the rear kicks out I take my right hand off the wheel, pull down with my left hand to toss the wheel into countersteer, let is spin and catch it with my righr hand and massage the drift through the corner with both hands. On exiting, I realease my left hand and pull down with my righ hand to toss the wheel back to center. Hope you can visualize.

Yeah alright I CAN visualise that, but + smoothenes and timing and knowing how much c/s is needed:ill:??!

Nice work breaker...

Outta curiousity, what are the settings for the wheel, resitance and feedback wise?

I've been playing with cars on Tsukuba wet for a bit, gettin gthe hang of being sideways...

Also, what do you use to shift? Paddles or the slap stick?

downloading now.

You can also use one hand to fling the wheel around, you sorta roll your hand around the wheel. you keep your hand horzontal with your fingers together and pointing straight and you just move your hand in a circle really fast around the outside of the wheel, you never actually hold the wheel its just the wheel grips your hand as you move it. i hope you can visulize this, it should give you very quick wheel speed without your hands ever leaving the wheel.

That was cool. The difficulty of 900 degree mode is driving insane, Im ready to return my DFP. How can you drift like that, and spin the wheel so fast?

Small_Fryz
downloading now.

You can also use one hand to fling the wheel around, you sorta roll your hand around the wheel. you keep your hand horzontal with your fingers together and pointing straight and you just move your hand in a circle really fast around the outside of the wheel, you never actually hold the wheel its just the wheel grips your hand as you move it. i hope you can visulize this, it should give you very quick wheel speed without your hands ever leaving the wheel.

Wax on / Wax off? 💡

Driftnewb110
That was cool. The difficulty of 900 degree mode is driving insane, Im ready to return my DFP. How can you drift like that, and spin the wheel so fast?
its all about practice.. me and breakerohio both have been practiing 900 for months before we had gt4. So we are used to spining the wheel fast.

What both Breaker and Smallz have mentioned is similar to how I manage the wheel on cars when I am racing on gravel.. letting the wheel do what it needs to do, yet being able to control it if the need arises.

I've now been practicing ice racing with the Cappuccino, and doing some very aggresive rally practice, where I am litterally perpendicular to the direction I am moving. You just learn how to feel the wheel...

Azuremen
What both Breaker and Smallz have mentioned is similar to how I manage the wheel on cars when I am racing on gravel.. letting the wheel do what it needs to do, yet being able to control it if the need arises.

I've now been practicing ice racing with the Cappuccino, and doing some very aggresive rally practice, where I am litterally perpendicular to the direction I am moving. You just learn how to feel the wheel...

Indeed. Aggressive practicing will help you feel the situations of drifting. Just do it, be aggressive and get the car sideways even if it won't be a nice drift, don't be afraid to mess up, try new aggressive styles to get an understanding of all the different situations your car can get into and then you will learn how to correct them.

BreakerOhio
Indeed. Aggressive practicing will help you feel the situations of drifting. Just do it, be aggressive and get the car sideways even if it won't be a nice drift, don't be afraid to mess up, try new aggressive styles to get an understanding of all the different situations your car can get into and then you will learn how to correct them.

I'm gonna race for some money now, buy YOUR S2000, and use the same settings that you used and maybe adjust them to me, cause NOW I wanna know how you do that :crazy:

BTW... my initial reference to gravel racing was in real life... I do let the wheel slip around to get the tires to point the "correct" direction... to an extent. Sometimes you do need to stop them... such as drifting at 50 mph on a one lane dirt road... down hill :dopey:

I am curious for the setup on your car, aside from power and tires.

And yes, practice is key... when I first got the wheel, if I started to spin at ALL, I would spin out.. now I can bounce all over the Nurb and be okay.. most of the time.

Suggestion for those weak in arm strength.. go to the Nurb in a very fast car with downfoce... and just run up and down the high speed sections... guarenteed sore arms in under half an hour... :sly:

Back