You CAN do a standing burnout!!!!

• Thread starter ekuebler
  • 36 comments
This may or may not be news to some. It may or may not be a big deal to some. It was a very big deal to me!

I have had the game for a little while now and have been playing tons. I was very dissapointed at first because you could not do a proper burnout due to the revs dropping at the start.

I practiced and practiced, still nothing. I could do burnouts around corners and in a straight lines once moving and just slamming the front brakes, letting the rear wheel come up then drop back down, while getting the revs up by touching the back brake while the wheel was in the air. Still that is NOT cool and not what I wanted to do!!

Long story short. I took a street Yamaha R1(performance tire and exhaust)to Monaco(Cote D'Azur). FINALLY, I DID IT!!!!! AND I CAN DUPLICATE IT OVER AND OVER. STANDING START, FULL FRONT BRAKES, FULL BACK BRAKES, FULL THROTTLE, LEFT STICK FORWARD, L2 (TUCK ON). RELEASE BACK BRAKE, WITHOUT LETTING REVS DROP ROCK RIDER BACK THEN FORWARD AND REPEAT!!! Hey it's not a science!! It's very tricky but thats about as exact as I can be. The end result is great. The rider is standing one foot down and smoking the tires for about 4 seconds or so.

This may not be a big deal to some but after mastering all the other skills in the game, I was to determined to do a damn burnout, and I'm bloody proud!!

I will have photos soon

Eric

*Image taken from my T.V. with digital camera. Sorry about that but its all I can do until I can upload images directly.

Attachments

• ttburnoutm.jpg
    ttburnoutm.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 449
Thanks for sharing, ekuebler. I’m sure the photomode fans will make good use of it. 👍

I can't get this too work either. As soon as you let off the back brake the RPMs plummet. Maybe it's a difference for the US release?

very cool. so far you have had all positive responses. congrats on your accomplishment. i know i will try it!

Can anyone clearify on how to do this, I get a bit confused on the lean back and repeat part. I can get rolling burnouts by doing a stoppie and revving the engine up while rear tire is in the air, then when it lands it smokes like crazy, i just cant do them at a stand still so his foot is still on the ground:grumpy:

Hmm.. I haven't tried this method yet. I use a different method, with same results though.
Set bike to Pro Mode and MT, shift bike into last gear, get rolling to about 30mph, do a stoppie while holding gas to get the rear tire spinning as fast as possible, drop the back end back down just as you come to a complete stop on your front tire. Keep holding front brake and gas and you should do a standing burnout.
So far I've found any bike that will do a stoppie will do a burnout with this method.

...'82 Honda VT250...:D

vtec513
my yamaslapper r1 wont do it

I don't know which method you were using but I found this to be the best burnout bike I've tried so far. I timed a full 14 second burnout with it:eek:

*Oh yeah, if you want lots of smoke try Cote D'Azur:tup:

[empty space]
trussii - you should do a pic with a speed triple with the same backround :D

Would you like that in street,

or race modified?:D

hehe, I just realized how little my rider looks in the first two pics.:lol: I keep him 5'4" so he doesn't clip his head on rails and rocks and such.

Trussii651
Set bike to Pro Mode and MT, shift bike into last gear, get rolling to about 30mph, do a stoppie while holding gas to get the rear tire spinning as fast as possible, drop the back end back down just as you come to a complete stop on your front tire. Keep holding front brake and gas and you should do a standing burnout.

Neat trick, i didn't know that before.👍 👍

Trussii651
hehe, I just realized how little my rider looks in the first two pics.:lol: I keep him 5'4" so he doesn't clip his head on rails and rocks and such.

I didn't even consider this. No wonder my rider started having more trouble with this once I increased his size to 6'0".

If you've got enough power in your bike you can actually do a stoppie and while your in the air go full throttle and once you land keep the front brake on and you get a good 3-6 seconds of burning out before the revs drop. (Y)

martialstax
I didn't even consider this. No wonder my rider started having more trouble with this once I increased his size to 6'0".

I used to use my guy at 6'0" which is my height, but I found I'd hit walls to often, and I was having trouble with the 125cc race, so I moved him down to 5'4" to be a better fit for the bike and I haven't looked back. He looks tiny on the big bikes, but it's better than putting a 6'6" guy on a 125 :)

i thought the rider height didn't effect the performance and such.
guess i was wrong

I'm doing everything you guys say, can't get a standing burnout even on the exact same Yamaha R1. I'm in pro-mode (of course) and have failure conditions turned off.

The rider doesn't seem to be able to crouch when standing with a foot on the ground. I just can't get enough weight off the rear end to keep the revs high enough. The rear wheel just spins a little bit and then dies. I can do a smoking burnout with the stoppie method, and by starting the bike moving a little, but not from a standing start without the bike moving forward.

I can't do it!! :(

Please explain in more detail exactly what to do.

James2097
I'm doing everything you guys say, can't get a standing burnout even on the exact same Yamaha R1. I'm in pro-mode (of course) and have failure conditions turned off.

The rider doesn't seem to be able to crouch when standing with a foot on the ground. I just can't get enough weight off the rear end to keep the revs high enough. The rear wheel just spins a little bit and then dies. I can do a smoking burnout with the stoppie method, and by starting the bike moving a little, but not from a standing start without the bike moving forward.

I can't do it!! :(

Please explain in more detail exactly what to do.

I cannot do it that way either. I think I'm doing something wrong or I didn't understand the directions properly.
The Only way I can do it is the way I explained earlier.

I'm in the same boat as well. Tried it with an R1 but I think I’m not understanding the instructions very well either.

The only smoke I can manage is when I get hard on the throttle out of any corner with the Ninja... that things a beast...

I'm using the method Trussii651 mentioned, it works really well. There are however a 2 things to note when doing this. First, you should choose a flat or up slope stretch of road. Second, you should maintain the stoppie until it came to a complete halt before letting the rear wheel down. I did not shift to the final gear during the stoppie though and it too worked.

just bring the back up in a stoppie and keep it high, full throttle and shift into 6th so the bike is on the limiter in 6th with the back wheel in the hair. When the front whell stops the back will have to come down. Then just keep the throttle pressed and the front brake on.

Back