Hybrid in GT4 ^_^, save game & code in the 1st post

• Thread starter sucahyo
  • 1,161 comments
We can make hybrid in GT4 :).

The process of creating hybrid in GT4 require the use of PC emulator of PS2, we play GT4 in PC. We create hybrid in PC by editing emulator memory and then transfer the save via maxdrive save game. For more detailed explanation read this excelent guide created by Playguy.

For PAL user, creating hybrid with ARMAX code also possible. Go to this link to see the detailed code for each car:
http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gt4hybridcar.php

try this code first:
every part purchased:
VZ80-UJ1Q-YBJJU
GQCJ-ZRXY-M8NFX
C17X-EETT-18JD4
X8RB-1YCA-R6D56

teknogeek create some application that can help hybriding process. check it here:
http://hosted.filefront.com/teknogeek1300/2100423

For quick action, here is the GT4 hybrid save game create so far:
save game by me and speed drifter, images by PlayGuy, video by PlayGuy and Speed Drifter.

PAL save game

Gingiba's PAL save game
  • V8lvo:
    - Engine: Chevrolet Camaro IROC-Z Concept. A V8 with 450Nm of torque and not too much power.
    - NA Tuning: Stg.3 from the Volvo, which proved to be very efficient, increasing power by about 200% (Twice the original power). Also increased torque to 1100Nm
    - Drivetrain: Toyota GT-One.
    - Chassis: Mazda 787B. It's tough finding a proper chassis, that fits the wheelbase of the original car. I made that mistake with my Celica (too short a wheelbase from the Elise), so I was determined to get the right length this time, while finding a light chassis. Result: 688KG, and fits perfectly.
    - Suspension: Toyota GT-One, custom-tuned by me. Almost bottoming out (65mm height), it's just enough so it won't spark, and so low that it becomes the coolest Volvo ever. Pretty sharp handling...
    And all kinds of other bits and bobs. Very fun car indeed...
  • rar - AvantimeF1: A modernized version of the Espace F1, with some nifty experiments of mine - super-hard and low suspension (30mm height, 20-24 springrate). Second setup received a 4WD system, as well as an engine from the Toyota GT-One.
    S800/2000: The S800 Racecar from Honda received the 2-litre engine of it's modern kiddo, the S2000.
  • 2CV Sahara - A GT4 interpretation of the legendary 2CV Sahara, which was originally a twin-engined version of the 2CV, with each engine responsible for one set of wheels. Therefore, the 4WD is supplied by a Skyline V-spec II Nur, which also donated the engine, suspension, and LSDs (non-adjustable). Weighs in at 410KG, and with 340HP, this car is pretty close to the perfect 2CV. Actually, the perfect one is included - when a Stg.1 turbo is equipped, the car reaches a mindblowing 1250HP!
  • The Hugo-Panda - A Fiat Panda, re-built as a request from Hugo Boss. Alfa Romeo 155DTM engine, Fiat 500R chassis, and RUF BTR drivetrain. Adjustable Rear-wheel LSD was attached
  • Triumph a the 427ci engine from the AC, The Moroder stands for the Cizeta engine located in the 2nd setup.
  • Jay Leno's Cosmo SportsMazda 110S "Cosmo Sports" with Jay Leno's 32-litre V12, pulling an amazing 2140Nm. Also has 4WD, to handle the torque.
  • VW BugR Racecar, VW Bug tuned for more serious racing. TVR Tuscan engine (360HP, but the noise, oh the noise!), or Mazda RX-8 Type-S engine (285HP, if you feel like cruisin'). Also, highly-adjustable suspension from the Toyota GT-One, as well as LSD, transmission and other gadgetry, such as a carved underbody (what other explanation can there be for extra downforce but no spoiler?), an engine-repositioning to mid-engined or front-engined, and more. And if you want to understand the name, just say BugR quickly. Enjoy
  • Fiat 500Rocket - despite built on a Fiat 500F frame, that one was only picked for the lighter weight compared to its syblings. The car had the old 500cc replaced by a 1300cc Rotary from the Mazda RX-8, producing 285HP when naturally aspirated. One of the smallest cars in GT4 + 9000RPM Rotary goodness = Tremendous fun.
  • F150 "Flying" Lightning
  • Formula1 SUV, Just your plain, run-off-the-mill FGT, with a suspension borrowed from the Dodge RAM.
  • DeLorean Suspension-tester, Tried to comply with HazMat's wishes, but GT4 restricts it... Still fun - either lots of rear camber and 1mm height, or lots of camber on both sides + extreme rideheight, or very soft, high height to test off-the-line wheelieing.
  • V8 Turbo-Cupra, V8 Turbo sourced from the Audi RS6, which is handily located in the rear, thus shortening the way to the driving wheels.
  • Brad's Real V8 Turbo, a purple Ibiza Cupra Turbo with a 1.4l, 75HP motor sourced from the NA Audi A2.
  • BugR MkII, Back to RR (Drivetrain from the RUF RGT), and with Nardo N3 tyres. Changes as requested by Hugo - the MkI clocks 1'08s on Midfield.
  • A7.3l AMG powerplant tuned by Pagani delivers 560HP, and a custom race-suspension tuned by McLaren provides the handling it needs. A custom-fabricated Carbon Fibre spaceframe chassis ensures maximum performance, with the car tipping the scales below 1000KG. In addition, the engine was relocated to the rear, achieving perfect 50:50 balance in weight.
    Also in the package comes the Heller SLK-R "Black Edition". Naturally, it comes in Obsidian Black, with the 7.3l AMG powerplant tuned even further, delivering a shocking 620HP from the naturally-aspirated block. Further weight-saving measures ensure the car is even lighter than the regular version. In addition, the suspension has been replaced with a rock-hard Racing version developed in conjunction with Abt's DTM division. While the race-spec exhaust system unlocks more performance out of the system, unfortunately the Black Edition is track-only, and may not be used on the street. Though, since switching to the road-version is just a button's click away, it's not such a big drawback

NTSC save game
  • S15 , 1st car works, s15 silvia, extremely dropped rear, extremely raised front, very stiff suspension.
  • GSXR/4 , contain @ 667hp and sub600kg Suzuki GSXR/4
  • Odyssey, contain 1000hp odyssey
  • Z4 , contain Z4 with M5 engine + NA stage 3
  • '58 Corvette , contain 13kg '58 corvette
  • Wagon RR , 10000hp wagon RR
  • Tank Car , 100000hp Jay Leno Tank Car.
  • Civic, 100kg civic with added power.
  • 360, 96hp subaru 360. double hp in setup B, triple hp in setup C.
  • SL65, a SL65 AMG engine in the Dodge Changer 440RT.
  • Cappucino, a rotary-powered, 4WD, Cappuccino with Mazda FD3S Bathurst R engine.

Death Scythe NTSC save game:
-NTSC
-40 cars total
-20 or so hybrids, all working
-most of those hybrids have 3 completely different setups depending on which setup you use (a, b, c)
-1 trillion dollars
-all licenses
MAX version, mirror: MAX version
CBS version, mirror: CBS version

One thing that I want is to make a working NTSC hybrid code. What I need is a savegame created after activating this code:

ARMAX?:
2MH0-MBTU-6ECTH
0KJ8-KVT6-6KKJ9
1NW9-E3G5-6MBFX

RAW:
20A18996 00003333
20A18998 00003333

If you have a sub 256MB disc you can make it work with ARMAX.
http://www.gamehoof.com/2006/06/06/copying-ps2-saved-games-to-pc/

Every time you want to switch cars you have to do it on your ps2, then save the game and transfer the save to the pcsx2. It's slow and sometimes even irritating but it's the only way until pcsx2 team fixes the bug on their emulator
Nice trick, I wish I can do that too :).

If you do hybrid on pc a lot you can do it faster with freeware version of artofmoney. Also, with newer version (more than 7.24) you can get the exact Playstation 2 memory address (PCSX2 version 9.1 and 9.2) Which you should be able to use in real console.

I search 4 byte integer:
artmoney001bj2.png

get some result:
artmoney002qk4.png

press alt-a at the first result, which turn out is not what I am looking for.
artmoney003ds3.png

press alt-a at the second result, bingo!
artmoney004qf6.png

The start of garage area is always = $687948 or 6846792 on all version of GT4.

I have an excel file that contain all the code posted on my website:
http://gt.cellphonespec.com/gamesave/gt4 hybrid list.zip

Old Content:
Big thanks to Christhedude, for testing my in car view camera code 👍. Because the code that I create using emulator (PCSX2) works in real PS2, any other code will works too !!!.

What is needed:
emulator, PCSX2 will do, use pcsx29-050810-nosse-no3dnow.exe for most compatible run using gssoft gpu plugin.
gt4 disc, if you want to create GT4 code :).
phaste, to find and test code.
maxconvert, to convert the code to working armax code. Test already working code first to find gameid needed.

Example of my code:
I know that in gt4 PAL, freerace camera address is:
01FE8C20

modify it a little, to change last camera to in car view:
D1FE8C20 00000006
11FE8C20 00000019

Converting to ARMAX to become:
4y3k-dj31-hre2a
6N4Z-6KF9-G477Q
ZP7B-GP5T-3KPUR

If there are more people interested in this maybe we can start putting Toyota minolta engine to anything too :).

This sounds like a good idea, I have been waiting for PCSX2 9.2 to come out
before I go and download it. But when I do I will be running at this all the way:mischievous:.
And I want the Minolta Engine in the Suzuki GSX-R/4:D.

This sounds like a good idea, I have been waiting for PCSX2 9.2 to come out
before I go and download it.

i saw pcxs2 0.9.2 but i can't find the download on their website, do you have a link? maybe that'll play gt4 properly

if ican i'll try these codes

hmmm.maybe we could get some programmer to do a program similar to the GT3 garage editor?Anyway,it's too soon for that.I was hoping someone would have somekind of way to do this,and after a year or 2 searching for it,i'm glad someone has made some progress.Congrats with that man.

Anyway,i know it's too soon,and i know you wouldn't want to have a **** load of requests,but,when you have time,could you hack a way to do change drive trains?I can test it,i have both ar MAX pal,gt4 pal,and USB to copy files.I'm all set up for testing if you want.

Another question:Does GT4 save the modded car?

hmmm.maybe we could get some programmer to do a program similar to the GT3 garage editor?Anyway,it's too soon for that.I was hoping someone would have somekind of way to do this,and after a year or 2 searching for it,i'm glad someone has made some progress.Congrats with that man.
From what I know, no one found GT4 save encryption yet, so no GT4 garage editor yet.

Anyway,i know it's too soon,and i know you wouldn't want to have a **** load of requests,but,when you have time,could you hack a way to do change drive trains?I can test it,i have both ar MAX pal,gt4 pal,and USB to copy files.I'm all set up for testing if you want.
I'll try.

Another question:Does GT4 save the modded car?
Yes it seem.

BTW,what is the extension of the emulator save?
the save game has file name like 0086e35b.000. I think we would get pcsx2 to armax converter soon if many people request it to pcsx2 team.

but do you have a way to convert it to NPO or any other save file extension?Cuz if you do, i have the tool to make it AR MAX.

Hmm,i've been thinking,if you say that you will be able to replace any car engine with a minolta,that means you are going to use a specific car code (the ar max ones you were talking i guess) for the minolta right?That means,we can replace that minolta code with any car we want right?and in that code there must be the engine code.replacing that with for example a drivetrain code or suspension,and voila,we can have any car drive train,suspension or engine in any other car,am i more or less right?
Sorry if this is a sloppy thought lol.

but do you have a way to convert it to NPO or any other save file extension?Cuz if you do, i have the tool to make it AR MAX.
The result is the same as ps2savebuilder extract. But still never experiment with it yet

Hmm,i've been thinking,if you say that you will be able to replace any car engine with a minolta,that means you are going to use a specific car code (the ar max ones you were talking i guess) for the minolta right?That means,we can replace that minolta code with any car we want right?and in that code there must be the engine code.replacing that with for example a drivetrain code or suspension,and voila,we can have any car drive train,suspension or engine in any other car,am i more or less right?
Sorry if this is a sloppy thought lol.
Yes, like that. But we have to find where the car code is being used first. I just found out that car code for arcade mode is different from simulation mode, so this may take longer time.

so,then,we just have to replace a normal GT4 save file files(the ones inside the save) with the ones extracted.

Oh damn it.But anyway, i think we will do it,someday.Just count with me to do whatever to find this.I have no experience with codes,but i can try to learn,or at least test.

I'm dying to have this figured out.

so,then,we just have to replace a normal GT4 save file files(the ones inside the save) with the ones extracted.

Oh damn it.But anyway, i think we will do it,someday.Just count with me to do whatever to find this.I have no experience with codes,but i can try to learn,or at least test.

I'm dying to have this figured out.
Yes.

It's not hard to find code, but it is slow ,since running GT4 at emulator require a very fast PC.

this is how I find the address for ride height setting:
- run GT4
- run phaste (pcsx2 cheater tool)
- go to setting screen, change ride height to 120
- find 120 on phaste
- change toe to 121
- do next find 121 on phaste
- change toe to 122
- do next find 122 on phaste

I found two address, I change the first and go racing. It works. I note the address. This take 10 minutes. It's not so hard.

Ok,now i have everything set and ready to crack,i'm lacking the most important thing.Skillz lol.

Sucahyo(can i call you Suca?),could you tell me,or point me a link to a manual or something to learn how to work with it?I tried to find the horsepower code on the buying muffler screen,and i even found the output that it would give,and the stock one,but after that,i don't now what to do lol.
And i think it was kinda luck(or it wasn't even the right number),because i try to find the ride height value for example,and i have no luck.
How can i find something,and how can i edit the code?

Thanks in advance

BTW,Suca,you can try to work with the newst version,because in my pc it runs much much faster than in the version you uploaded.I can show how i configurated mine (Do you have a recent graphics card?I have to use a special program to boot the newst version,my card doesn't have pixel shader)

my card can't do pixel shader either, so i get that colour corruption thing:(

but gt4 won't work in mine either, it gets up to the race menu, but it can't get into a race:(

my card can't do pixel shader either, so i get that colour corruption thing:(

but gt4 won't work in mine either, it gets up to the race menu, but it can't get into a race:(
You don't have to enter the race if you just want to hack it :). Try with gssoft, save, the load when using gsdx or zerogs.

Back