◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 148,039 comments
Off topic question: what are some good ways to earn CR? I’m broke 😂
Before the Spec II update I was running the Tokyo race with a '16 Camaro on SS with minor bolt on mods to get it near 600PP. Don't recall where I was CR-wise when I started doing this race back in August or September. Took me a few races to get in the groove but I managed to have around 42mil just prior to Spec II dropping and that custom race payout glitch sure came in handy.
Here's the settings sheets of the car.
Gran Turismo® 7_20240308182912.png

Gran Turismo® 7_20240308182926.png

Do have to stop for tires and fuel around L6-7. Would usually come in 1st with a 10-30 sec lead.
Dragonwhisky gave you a good list. I've been doing the WTC800 at Sardegna A in the Honda NSX Gr2 on RH tires with the fuel economy set to 3, which makes fo one stop for fuel around lap 8 or 9, tires optional. Most cars do 2 stops. Sometimes there's a real rabbit in the field, but generally it's a laydown clean win. At just under 800k credits, it's not bad. My success rate with the competition on Hard isn't 100%.
You can also have a look at this "guide" for some more tips and things to try.
So those little sport cars from the 60's are basically on racing tires?
Current tire reg:
1709941077563.png

As announced here, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...iting-for-gt7-join-today.235094/post-14205504.

Maybe it’s just me not understanding something regarding backup cars.

The M3 used in last weeks combo is currently available in the UCD. So in this instance, why the need for a backup car?

With back up cars now, does this mean the LCD and UCD vehicles will only get one race night before having to be switched? I don't know if I've seen the same UCD car appear frequently enough to maintain two Sundays in a row now.

I’m a relatively new Snail member and don’t want to step offside but this comment somewhat captures my concern.

Did the whole back-up car thing start as a means to try to get attendance up?

I think this new system will take us to a spot where 2/3 cars will flip every week. And if that’s what we want, then forward we go.

But I enjoyed how a car can stick around for multiple weeks.
The back up car requirements were used prior to what just got nixxed. Last summer there was a push by some active SNAILs to allow unrestrained use of all cars under CR 2million, regardless of source dealership or availability. It got approved and announced here.

Since fully returning (Aug '23 or so) to Sunday racing, my buying habits have amounted to anything under 2mil from either UCD or LCD in an attempt to catch up with everyone else and to ensure I didn't miss a round. That Tokyo grind was in full swing then. I've been mostly successful there as I only have 1 car left out of the LCD to get. Thanks mostly to that Spec II glitch.

You can blame Polyphony Digital and Sony for implementing the UCD & LCD car rotation mechanic, which, from my perspective, is nothing more than a 💩 attempt to encourage FOMO MTXs, and forcing SNAIL to implement a policy to counter/manage its effects on our league. That policy got relaxed and new members have been sitting in the pit lane or not even making it to the track at all, because they can't get the cars the veterans have been picking. Yeah, that sucks for them, and, a by product of that is, it sucks for those that want higher count grids on Sundays. About all I can say at this point is, we made that particular bed with the requested change to the previous policy. And now, that bed has been made 3 times. Let's not even start counting how many times the tire regulation bed has been made. I'm not saying we, as an organized league, should not seek to evolve and improve, especially when a change to the platform is evident. Those changes do however need to consider the effects they will have on the whole, rather than the few, or the one. I would like nothing better than for SNAIL to have 3-5 divisions with 12-16 racers, every Sunday. I will also state, I can't say I wish for SNAIL to return to 9 divisions, ever again. Yes. I was there.

Off topic question: what are some good ways to earn CR? I’m broke 😂
Find a race you enjoy and run it with different cars. In the early days I would run the Trial Mountain Cup championship which nets 100,000 cr in ten minutes. If you want the longer race with the large payout, the Tokyo Touring Car 600 using the Lamborgini Diablo GT '00. The car is often in the UCD for about 200k and drives really well 100% stock. Just tip-toe the first turn..

There is also the circuit experience for each track. Typically pays 200k for all bronze, 1M for gold.
Under the new tire regs, there will be no less than SH on any car.
Have you tried driving daily race A this week? Group B on CS tires. Talk about some epic power slides :D:crazy:. Go run some qualifying laps.

This thread moves very fast. So do your best to keep up with regulations and updates for each coming event. Good luck🤪

Last edited:

Sunday Night Combos.png

Gran Turismo 7

Sunday, March 10th, 2024 Lineup
March 2024 Season League Night #1

1. BMW Z8 '01 on SM Tires @ Blue Moon Speedway - Infield A - S01 Dawn - (12 Laps)
2. TVR Tuscan Speed 6 '00 on SS Tires @ Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit - S02 Early Morning - (9 Laps)
3. McLaren 650S Gr.4 on RH Tires @ Trial Mountain Circuit - Reverse - S03 Late Morning - (8 Laps)

March 10th Combos.png

I have read the first post and would like to join

@Slow_Dad

Here's your official SNAIL Welcome Post!

Thanks for your interest!
Here's what you need to know (and do) in order to join SNAIL Racing League:

We run a clean league by enforcing a strict penalty system based on the SNAIL OLR (which is a modified version of the GTP OLR). We also expect all of our drivers to know and follow The Good Racecraft Guide. Please become versed in both if you aren't already. Once that is complete, please follow the steps below to complete your entry into the league:

1. You start a conversation and add zer05ive, JLBowler, nmcp1, SAMHAIN85, llNovall & Akzl298
as participants.

The conversation title should be "Request To Join".

2. SNAIL Administrators will respond with specific instructions on what you need to accomplish to join the SNAIL [Spec] Racing.

3. Place the following links (URLs) in the favorites (or bookmarks) in your web browser for quick reference. Please make every effort to read and understand the following links. Over the years a great deal of time and effort has gone into creating this league and we would like nothing more than to have you but we ask that you take the time and effort to do your homework. 99.9% of any question you may have about SNAIL can be found in the posts below.
4. You drive fast and clean on Sunday 👍

Again, the original post has everything you need to know about what to expect on Sunday night and what you will need to have completed in order to be competitive. If you have any questions, please feel free to post your question on the thread.

During the week we run a number of different events, we encourage all SNAILs to join as many as possible.
Welcome to SNAIL

Hey Donkey Kong guy.. (@Dragonwhisky ) have a challenge for you. Beat a time of 4:26.624 in the new time trial with the Bugatti Veyron Gr.4 by Monday evening when the SNAIL race results are posted. That isn't too crazy of a time as it is the current cutoff for silver. :D

I'll betcha' 2 $hells I can do it.

I'll take you up on that bet. I tried to run some laps, all were invalid for mysterious reasons and best was a 4:31

Donkey Kong on!
Done.

Betcha' another 2 $hells against my 4:24.569.

Cars be ready for tomorrow.
Minami-Izu_.jpeg

BTW @Gurney67 That TVR is already at limited stock.

Last edited:
Completed with a 4:23.534. Want to keep going?
I dunno. You beat my last time by over a full second. Reckon we can. Same wager? Deadline?

Warmup room be open in about 30min. Open to all divisions.

Last edited:
Back