• Laps : 2

Vehicle Specifics :

• Power: 537 bhp
  • Weight: 1437 kg
  • Drive Train: FR
    [*]Tyre Type: S1 / S1

[*]Driving Aids: Optional
    [*]Transmission: Optional
    [*]In-Race RA Functions: Optional (if available)

Steward Comments:
This weekend brings the beginning of the 2010 NASCAR season, and the Great American Race, the Daytona 500. We don't have NASCAR's in GT (Yet :sly:), so this sled of a 'vette was the closest I could find.

Race Specifics:

This week we have a 2 Lapper in Online Arcade Mode Time-Trail, consistency will be key.

• -1- Run 2 laps in Time Trail
  • -2- Exit the run when going in the 3rd lap
  • -3- Save your replay
  • -4- Watch your replay at "My Page" and write down the final time.
  • -5- Final time = lap 1 + lap 2
  • -6- Use your lap times from your right upper corner, best and last laptime.

We'll use the short "Bus Stop" Chicane for the race. See pictures below for entry and exit points.

Entry to Bus Stop (First Turn in, note location on the HUD Track Map)

IMG_1405.jpg

Exit From Bus Stop. FIRST Turn Out Point, on the Right. This is NOT the same layout used by the game on Daytona Road.

IMG_1406.jpg

• You MUST drive through this turn as part of your lap. All standard OLR Rules Apply, NO CORNER CUTTING. Keep at least 2 wheels on or vertically in line with the track at all times.
  • All hard surfaces are part of the track; Two wheels on track at all times; No wall hitting.
  • Your run can be done while online
  • The use of the clutch is prohibited

Standard Clean OLR Rules:

• 2 wheels on (or vertically in line with) the track at all times
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • No contact with walls or objects, visible or invisible
  • If you're not 100% sure that your lap is clean, then consider it dirty
  • No hybrids
  • No cheating of any kind,these are relaxed races and we are experienced racers, we know what times can be done,and we can read your mind.We will know.
  • Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules
  • Save your replay

IMG_1431.jpg

Thread rules:

The following information cannot be discussed in this thread (they can, however, be discussed on MSN or via other private conversation methods):

• Final race time
  • Any information which can be used to infer the race time

The following information can be discussed in this thread :

• Only your fastest lap time
  • Splits from your fastest lap time
  • Any settings discussion.
Minimal number of splits: 1
Maximum number of splits: 1

Fastest Lap Time from your best 2 lap run will be used for this week's leaderboard. The official leaderboard can be found at http://wrs.gtplanet.net/. If you choose to discuss splits, please keep them in linear format, (xx.xxx/xx.xxx as opposed to on their own lines) in order to avoid confusing the FetchBot. ;)

IMG_1421.jpg

Viewing your Final Race Time:

You need to make sure you save the 'Save Replay' , not the 'Save Best Lap Replay'.

To view your replay, go to 'My Page' and watch the replay from there using the 'Replay' option.

pa260023zi0.jpg

Save replay icon

Submission:

• All submissions must be sent by PM (Subject title: GTP_WRS Week 67 Submission ) to (Vaxen)

• Please submit your time in the following format on a single line:
  • [Division#]---M'SS.XXX---GTP_Tag
  • (Example-) [division 2]---1'44.678---GTP_EDK
  • You can submit only once
    [*]Please include in your submission PM your division, GTP_Tag and final lap time
    [*]The deadline is Monday February 15th 11.59pm GMT
    [*]If you are unsure of the deadline try this site

Why Use GMT?:
GMT is World Time and the basis of every world time zone which sets the time of day and is at the centre of the time zone map. GMT sets current time or official time around the globe. Most time changes are measured by GMT. Although GMT has been replaced by atomic time (UTC) it is still widely regarded as the correct time for every international time zone.
Time verification:

Save your ghost replay and keep it at least a full two weeks after the event's deadline:

• Racers ,named by the OLR Admin staff, (if any) will be required to submit a replay for verification
  • Any submitted time is subject to a time verification request
  • When a time verification has been requested, the concerned racer must provide the correct replay within seven days of the request
  • Failure to do so will result in the removal of the unverified submission from the results table
  • Video replays are not accepted as a form of verification

IMG_1426.jpg

Good luck,
OLR Admin Team

:gtpflag:

Last edited:
I think this needs a...

ss_knowyourmeds-slide11.jpg

Not entirely sure what that means. But I already told you guys that I've gone insane. :sly:

Give it a try, it's trickier and more fun than you might initially think.

Watched the Rolex Daytona 24 last weekend and saw them using this short busstop with the Road Course

Lol, I saw a replay of this car about a week ago, I was wondering what it was, the guy was drifting like $#!@ with it. I liked it! :D I hope i'll be able to race this week :)

EDITED - no splits available for multilappers.

That said, my compliments to the steward to finally come up with a combo to include the Superspeedway into WRS AND making it an interesting combo 👍

Last edited:
YEEHAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sounds like a fun combo, although I've had bad eye for combos this days...:lol:.

Am I the only one who doesn't already own this car :):sly:

Haha, no you're not I had bought it and then sold it not long after :lol:

Kevin truly has gone completely nuts (No offense :sly:), but this does sound like some crazy arsed fun, looking forward to "attempting" this tomorrow...once I've bought the car again!

NOOB WARNING: It's actually a fun but though car. Don't be fooled by the retro-futuristic interior, this way this car handles is still very vintage, specially the brakes that aren't as fast to act as the ones in other cars. Also, the bus-stop is quite easy to miss, so be careful and don't take risks when submitting ;).

Must your 2 laps be the 1st and 2nd laps that you run after 'starting', or can they be any 2 laps in succession?
The reason I ask is because:

1) You can get a much faster start line speed if you do 1 lap before starting your 2 official laps.
2) You can get an even better start line speed if you skip the chicane on your 1st lap before starting your 2 official laps.

Also, Steven, when you save a replay with 2 laps you dont get sector splits when you watch it.

Last edited:
Must your 2 laps be the 1st and 2nd laps that you run after 'starting', or can they be any 2 laps in succession?
The reason I ask is because:

1) You can get a much faster start line speed if you do 1 lap before starting your 2 official laps.
2) You can get an even better start line speed if you skip the chicane on your 1st lap before starting your 2 official laps.

Also, Steven, when you save a replay with 2 laps you dont get sector splits when you watch it.
1 - yes those laps must be lap 1 and lap 2 of your effort.

2 - my bad, post edited. Thanks Ian 👍

Good grief, the AM Vette on S1's :scared: This weeks replays are going to look like a Stepmania montage :lol:

Thanks Steven, I figured as much, and have been running this week like that so far.
After spending most of tonight's session on figuring out the chicane, I came up with this fastest lap:

1 - yes those laps must be lap 1 and lap 2 of your effort.

Sorry if I appear a bit nit-picky on this one, but maybe it is something worth bringing up...

May we then agree on or rather trust that everyone then starts his two laps and carries whatever speed you get on the line from the starting point as is? In other words no turning around to get more speed into start of lap one?

I would highly appreciate it if this could just be seen that way. I really got sick and tyred of this darn turning around and riding back to the bus stop last time we were at DR :crazy:, and I bet I'm not alone here...
IMO not turning around for extra kmh could be seen as correspondance to part of the ORL "Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules"

Thoughts?

After about 20 practice laps to try to get some kind of braking point for the mini bus stop, my 2 lap session gave me a fast lap of:

1'01.308

I've saved my replay of my best 2 laps so far, and when you watch it, the replay starts with the car accelerating from 1st towards the line for the start of the first lap. It will be easy to see in the replay if the 'spirit of the rules' is broken.

And yeah, I agree Ren, we need some clarity on these 'grey' areas.

I really got sick and tyred of this darn turning around and riding back to the bus stop last time we were at DR :crazy:, and I bet I'm not alone here...

I never turn around at DR. It's just not worth the bother. I just go around another lap.

Regarding the question. In essence it's really not any different than High Speed Ring were you can start your lap with a higher speed if you tap the wall in the last corner. It goes against the spirit of the competition and even though it's impossible to check it is assumed that no one does it.

My thoughts exactly Ren831 , thanks for bringing this up. 👍

MadMax

Sorry if I appear a bit nit-picky on this one, but maybe it is something worth bringing up...

May we then agree on or rather trust that everyone then starts his two laps and carries whatever speed you get on the line from the starting point as is? In other words no turning around to get more speed into start of lap one?

I would highly appreciate it if this could just be seen that way. I really got sick and tyred of this darn turning around and riding back to the bus stop last time we were at DR :crazy:, and I bet I'm not alone here...
IMO not turning around for extra kmh could be seen as correspondance to part of the ORL "Nothing that goes against the spirit of the rules"

Thoughts?

I'm with you Ren, Standing start two laps save replay, works out the same for all.

Do as many practise laps as you like all week, but then start a two lap timed session.

Phillip.

Unless I get really bored I will probably take a break this week, good luck to all those that do compete.

1'01.846

After about 3 tries... this is my starting point... once you find where the chicane is (flew past it many times) it's a fun combo...

I would think the reason for the 2 laps is for clearing any doubt about turning around, as the replay starts with a standing start.
This is a great way to keep the most even playing field with such a combo.
If it were 1 lap I'm sure we all would have a full warmup lap (or turn around), but what then, a slow start to the next lap, bah, another lap to get to speed.

Good call Kevin and I'm looking forward to taking this Vette around Daytona again, as the last time was GTP Registry Event 1 along with AI, I think.

Will posting splits confuse the fetchbot if posted before the lap time?
If we can remember them it would be nice to post them too.

EDK
Give it a try, it's trickier and more fun than you might initially think.

This is so true.

Nevermind I understand now :P

Some rushed first splits for the board :)

1'00.138

Last edited:
Interesting combo Kevin, I think the fact that you have gone insane is good for the WRS :)

Fastest lap so far:

A Slippery

1'00.511 :scared:

1'00.112

0'59.957

0'59.687

0'59.569

0'59.424

Phillip.

Last edited:
Will posting splits confuse the fetchbot if posted before the lap time?
If we can remember them it would be nice to post them too.

I don't think they will (confuse fetchbot), but as Animera has pointed out, when you watch your replay (with 2 laps) the splits are not shown, just the laptimes.

But you can try it out, I think it'll work. Fetchbot will take your last split as the one for the board.

EDK
You need to make sure you save the 'Save Best Lap Replay' (ghost replay), not the 'Save Replay'.

For new members:

This should say the opposite.
We should save our replay using the "Save Replay" not "Save Best Lap Replay" icon.

Most members probably realise this, but some may not.

And thanks for the fetchbot answer.

I don't think they will (confuse fetchbot), but as Animera has pointed out, when you watch your replay (with 2 laps) the splits are not shown, just the laptimes.

But you can try it out, I think it'll work. Fetchbot will take your last split as the one for the board.

Wouldn't we only post the splits of our fastest lap anyway? So we 'save replay' and 'save best lap replay' to get the full replay of the 2 laps, and the splits to our fastest lap to post as splits in this thread?

Wouldn't we only post the splits of our fastest lap anyway? So we 'save replay' and 'save best lap replay' to get the full replay of the 2 laps, and the splits to our fastest lap to post as splits in this thread?

Nice, that would be a good idea :)

Back