$5 Billion to Revitalize Lincoln: Enter the 400 BHP '16 MKZ

• Thread starter YSSMAN
  • 187 comments
This was the car I had in mind when listing some of Lincoln's positive points. The only trouble with it that I can see is... that it's a Lincoln. You'd have to either really want to buy American or really not want to buy European/British to choose one over say, a Range Rover Velar or Range Rover Sport, wouldn't you? The styling certainly seems influenced by RR stuff even if it's not a direct copy.
Reading through this and I thought of a vey, very good reason to buy the Lincoln in the US: long term running costs. The odds are that the Lincoln will be more reliable in the long run than its German competition, and I feel quite confident in saying that it'll be more reliable than anything from JLR or FCA. It probably won't be perfect, but the other benefit to being an American car is that the cost to fix things when they do go wrong will be much lower than on a European luxury SUV. A Velar might be the stylish choice and will be a little more special, but I suspect that Lincoln has built a car good enough to rival the Velar, but that overall is a more sensible choice for long term ownership.

Put another way:
I could drive it to my friendly neighborhood Ford dealer instead of having it towed to wherever the nearest Land Rover dealer is.

That's probably of little meaning to the 75% of the people who lease this crap anyway, of course.

That's probably of little meaning to the 75% of the people who lease this crap anyway, of course.
A reasonably rich person drives an in warranty 7 series. A really rich person drives an out of warranty 7 series.

Lincoln appears to be the latest brand to halt electrification plans...

That does beg the question, what does the brand have in store for the future? The Corsair, Nautilus, and Aviator have all been substantially updated- especially the interiors- and a next-gen Navigator is likely due in a few years as the next-gen Ford Expedition was recently spied testing. Though, the brand is still missing a product that is truly unique and able to draw in outside customers, and current overall sales are quite frankly, disappointing. If Lincoln is adamant on no more sedans in the US market, maybe a more luxurious Bronco?

Last edited:
Back