Best car for PP 600 Clubman Cup? Can't get past it.

• Thread starter Deadguy138
  • 4 comments

Deadguy138

flounder.
Premium
United States
Chicago. IL
Skinny Mike
No Matter what car I try, I am getting blown outta the water. Please reccomend. Thanks in advance. -Mike.

600pp is the range of pp that you can almost win with every car that can enter.
A few cars depend on the track as they either need more speed than they can muster, or propably win by fuel consumption/tyre wear rate.

For example have "we" done the Tokyo 600 event with cars that were down to 530pp, or cars with a lead of more than 2 minutes, or cars with barely 250hp, it really is winnable with the biggest selection, but depending on each track and propably the setup.

Pick Ford Focus RS with AWD and tune it up, its generally well rounded.
Pick Audi R8, its generally faster but sips more fuel.
Pick Alfa Gulia and do just a slight adjustment, faster but less handling.
Pick Toyota TR030 and downtune and drive on comfort tyres, still possible to win with crazy acceleration and corner speeds by downforce.
Pick the Miata ND15, engine swap.

What propably is "best", maybe Suzuki Cappucino with engine swap, or Audi Pikes Peak, but my experience of those is limited to Tokyo 600, so I dont know how they behave on different tracks with different setups.

Last edited:
No Matter what car I try, I am getting blown outta the water. Please reccomend. Thanks in advance. -Mike.
European Clubman Cup 600? If you tell me which one specifically you are having trouble with, I can find you a car and tuning that dominates. With European Clubman Cup 600 it is just suggested PP. Meaning you can pick a car with 900pp and dominate as long as it is a Road Car from one of the European countries.

Last edited:
European Clubman Cup 600? If you tell me which one specifically you are having trouble with, I can find you a car and tuning that dominates. With European Clubman Cup 600 it is just suggested PP. Meaning you can pick a car with 900pp and dominate as long as it is a Road Car from one of the European countries.
I think he’s talking about the Cup Plus where you have to use sport soft tires.The one on Fuji is hard on normal

My weapon of choice is the Audi R8 on SM tires. Though I keep mine close to stock. I find if I'm looking for a good 600pp car It's best to start with something that handles well reduce the weight slightly, add power, tires, brakes, power restrictor. I find if you spend cash on the suspension or transmission parts the car will lose some valuable pp that is better spent on power. So for Instance I got two R8's, one that's got everything and is set up for race tires, and another for more street, no aero either, places like Tokyo made good use of a slippery car. (drop the fuel map down to six once I get close to top speed, cruise. Then bump up the power a bit for the twisty bits of the track. I do that race with no stops)

Other cars I like to try out are the Ford GT, 99 Dodge viper and the Pantera (With an engine swap). They do quite well with minimal upgrades.

Back