Cadillac Sixteen

• Thread starter Magic069
  • 27 comments
A 250,000 dollar price tag comes with this baby.

Attachments

• l_sixteen_side.jpg
    l_sixteen_side.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 133
Sixteen’s interior evokes the luxurious appointments of a 1930’s-era Cadillac, but with a modern flair.

Attachments

• l_sixteen_int.jpg
    l_sixteen_int.jpg
    22 KB · Views: 114
:yuck: .

but i do like the idea of the gull wing hood. and you cant help but like the 1000hp under the hood.

hopefully youll being going fast enough in this car that noone will notice just how ugly it is.

I'm guessing this was supposed to be a modern interpretation of a 1930's Cadillac V16 roadster. Yes, the exterior is hideous, looking like a stretched Chrysler Crossfire...but in a bad way. No roadster should have 4 seats. That goes against the definition of a roadster. Gullwing bonnet goes well with the 1930's theme, but I miss the exhaust piping and flowing curves...ironically, it's something Cadillac used to be good at. The interior is nice, far nicer than current Cadillacs. I remember hearing something about Cadillac wanting to bring back the '16' emblem for certain future cars. If this is it, they're going to sell fewer of these than the other 16-cylinder car: the Veyron. Why? The Veyron looks better, performs better, and isn't an American car. No one buys US cars for anything over $100,000. I just don't see it happening....

13.6 litres! :eek: I guess you would spend more on the fuel in one year than you bought the car for ;)

Hmmm...

Displacement: 13600cc
Horsepower: 1000bhp @ ----rpm
Torque: 1000 lb-ft @ 4000 rpm

Seems alright to me; except for the fact it is only a 4-speed auto.

Better Images
sixteen.jpg

sixteen6.jpg

sixteen11.jpg

sixteen12.jpg

sixteen10.jpg

Oh sorry, i must've happened to skip it because they were Better Images.

Not to mention 24" wheels and 16" brakes:eek: but I doubt it will have that for the production car.
Does the centre console piece remind anyone of an Aston Martin or Jag design?

Originally posted by HRT_Maloo
Not to mention 24" wheels and 16" brakes:eek: but I doubt it will have that for the production car.

I'm sure there will be 100 different types of 24" wheels waiting in the wings should the word come out that this will make it to production. :rolleyes:

Does the centre console piece remind anyone of an Aston Martin or Jag design?

Part Bentley, part Jaguar: the layout and overall design is very Jaguar, but the materials & high-polish aluminum seems quite Bentley to me. Nice, though overdone. The whole car is over the top, both in style and engineering. Figure a more driveable 600lb-ft and 500HP 10L V16, tame the side grilles, a more Cadillac-ish interior, and more Eldorado-like exterior cues (if scaled up significantly). That's what this seems like to me: an Eldorado on horse testosterone. :D

The biggest POC (piece of crap) I've ever seen, what makes GM think about this going into production? Before doing that, Cadilac will lose more money than make money on the sales of the Escalade-series and the CTS combined.C'on, What Car magazine in UK ranks the Seville STS 'Avoid' because of its cheap materials and engineering.

And besides, Cadillac (w/ its Sixteen) hasen't earned enough prestige to compete the ultra-luxury market with the likes of Bentley, Rolls-Royce, and Maybach. In fact, Seville is already a loser in the European market, even they re-introduce Cadillac in Europe (with its CTS and the XLR) it will take more for Caddy to be more competitive.

Cadillac's sucks, one things for sure.

Originally posted by The Vanishing Boy
The biggest POC (piece of crap) I've ever seen, what makes GM think about this going into production? Before doing that, Cadilac will lose more money than make money on the sales of the Escalade-series and the CTS combined.C'on, What Car magazine in UK ranks the Seville STS 'Avoid' because of its cheap materials and engineering.

And besides, Cadillac (w/ its Sixteen) hasen't earned enough prestige to compete the ultra-luxury market with the likes of Bentley, Rolls-Royce, and Maybach. In fact, Seville is already a loser in the European market, even they re-introduce Cadillac in Europe (with its CTS and the XLR) it will take more for Caddy to be more competitive.

Cadillac's sucks, one things for sure.

Now I dont know if this is the same mag, but I have bought CAR from the UK which also has the avoid stickers etc. on it in the back.
Well what a load of **** that mag is.
In a way, they say American cars are crap, European cars rule and British cars are the world
This mag is sooooo ****ing bias to British cars, if not British cars then other Euros. I buy it about one every 5 months just to read and then laugh at all the bull**** they say:lol:

Now I dont know if this is the same mag, but I have bought CAR from the UK which also has the avoid stickers etc. on it in the back.
Well what a load of **** that mag is.
In a way, they say American cars are crap, European cars rule and British cars are the world
This mag is sooooo ****ing bias to British cars, if not British cars then other Euros. I buy it about one every 5 months just to read and then laugh at all the bull**** they say:lol:

I don't think you've been reading CAR long enough. They love just about everything from Ford: Mondeo, Focus (especially the RS), new Fiesta. They also judge the cars differently. Primarily, there are very few US deisel cars, so they're automatically handicapped. They also look for decent build quality (or at least the appearance of it), thus they'll put VW/Audi ahead of just about everything else. CAR targets the "normal Euro driver", who's worried about features, quality, and looks. No car magazine seriously considers reliability for anything longer than a month, CAR being no exception. So is it biased? Sure, but no less than C&D or Motor Trend. They each have their target market and review the cars according to that market's desires. In general, though, deisel fandom aside, CAR seems quite honest. At least, it echoes my opinions of most cars....

Originally posted by Hooligan
I don't think you've been reading CAR long enough. They love just about everything from Ford: Mondeo, Focus (especially the RS), new Fiesta. They also judge the cars differently. Primarily, there are very few US deisel cars, so they're automatically handicapped. They also look for decent build quality (or at least the appearance of it), thus they'll put VW/Audi ahead of just about everything else. CAR targets the "normal Euro driver", who's worried about features, quality, and looks. No car magazine seriously considers reliability for anything longer than a month, CAR being no exception. So is it biased? Sure, but no less than C&D or Motor Trend. They each have their target market and review the cars according to that market's desires. In general, though, deisel fandom aside, CAR seems quite honest. At least, it echoes my opinions of most cars....

LR Freelander- best in class for CAR, not the case for 2 other mags I get from 2 different countries

A car called the Bristol Blenhiem cost a min of 140,000 pounds. Thats a lot of ****ing money considering what it delivers. They gave it 3/5, if it was an American car, I bet my ****ing money it would get nothing

They have a haterid(sp?) towards Korean cars

They stick an avoid sticker on some of the true off roaders such as Jeep Wrangler and Suzuki Jimny but not LR Defender. Hmmmmmm I wonder why?

I really cannot be bothered going on. Just compare this mag to others from around the world

A car called the Bristol Blenhiem cost a min of 140,000 pounds. Thats a lot of ****ing money considering what it delivers. They gave it 3/5, if it was an American car, I bet my ****ing money it would get nothing

It's built as well as a Bentley. A Jaguar XKR just makes it to 60 in 5 seconds. Is it worth $80,000? Probably...probably because it's a damned Jaguar.

They have a haterid(sp?) towards Korean cars

"hatred"

Not unfounded, mind you.

They stick an avoid sticker on some of the true off roaders such as Jeep Wrangler and Suzuki Jimny but not LR Defender. Hmmmmmm I wonder why?

Because the Defender can run rings around both of them? Also, the interior (and most of the exterior) looks and feels like a cheap toy.

So 140k pounds buys build quality, **** the speced up Blenhiem is the same price as a Murci. Geez 'Bently build quality' costs a lot:lol:

But the freelander got an extra half star over the Wrangler. Im just wondering if that is because "Its a genuine British icon" or "still rather cool though". What a joke

So 140k pounds buys build quality, **** the speced up Blenhiem is the same price as a Murci. Geez 'Bently build quality' costs a lot:lol:

Seriously: It's up there with Bentley and Aston Martin. You're not up to arguing against either of them, are you?

But the freelander got an extra half star over the Wrangler. Im just wondering if that is because "Its a genuine British icon" or "still rather cool though". What a joke

Probably because the Freelander is based on a Ford chassis (Brits love Fords), and the Wrangler is...well, "uncouth" is being too kind. Quite frankly, the Wrangler would leave the Freelander at the base of whatever true off-road trail is attempted, but that's not what was considered. On-road, the Wrangler is uncouth, and the Freelander is just a better car...on-road.

Sorry, it was the Defender I was meaning, not the Freelander:banghead: Ive got into this habit of typing Freelander whenever I type Defender

Between the Defender and the Wrangler, there's no comparison. I'd give the Defender a whole extra star over the Wrangler.

Back