Data transfer problem - PS4 to PS5...

• Thread starter Ian JB
  • 15 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Ian Bick
Hi,

I think I have made something of a blunder here! I wonder if someone can offer a solution for me?....

Bought a disk version PS5. I am trying and failing to copy all my GT7 data across to the new PS5. Here is what I have tried...

Set up new PS5. Logged into my account. Tried to connect the consoles by entering the 8 digit code when prompted - Error.
Copied the saved game files to a USB drive. The "copy data" message is grayed out.
Tried to upload my PS4 data to the "cloud" - More grayed out copy data messages.
Tried to connect the two consoles with an ethernet cable - Nothing working here either. :-(

I have inserted and loaded the PS5 version of GT7 to the PS5. Is this where I have gone wrong please? Is there anything I have missed? I really do not want to lose my progress, cars and credits!!!

Thank you.

Best regards to all here.

Ian.

Download something free as a test on your PS4, play it, and try to get that games saves to backup to the cloud. Need to work out if it's an issue just with GT7 or something up with your PS4 or PSN account.

I really do not want to lose my progress, cars and credits!!!
Literally none of that is stored locally. Your GT7 progress will download to whatever console you log into on your profile.

Thanks Famine. I see that now.

Something has gone wrong here though - Its a "PICNIC" I am sure of it (Problem In Chair Not In Computer). I just can't quite put my finger on it! I have managed to sign into the PSN account. My name and ID match up. Everything else matches up too. I still cannot see my "PS4 game status" though.

Regards and thanks again.

Ian.

Hi,

I have managed to make some progress here....

I am now logged into my PS account. The game has loaded and is showing my Name and Nickname...
IJZ8501 and (ianbick). However.... None of the cars, credits or friends have "come across" to the new game / new console!!! :grumpy:

As I stated earlier - I am sure the problem is still a "PICNIC" but have no idea what to do now. Any help here will put you on the Birthday card list for life!!!

Best regards.

Ian.

EDIT: I have now got the spinning GT logo and a "saving" icon on the screen. Its been like that for an hour???

Last edited:
Hi,

Utterly stumped now! Pretty furious too...

I have had to change my log in to the Playstation network. Now I use the pass key or a QR code. The PS5 has logged me into my account as stated above. The PS4 has me as "logged out" and I cannot log back in to the PS4. I left the PS5 running with the GT logo and "saving" icon running for over 5 hours. Still no data loaded. So now I am stuck.

Logged into my IJZ account but no data or cars or credits or friends.
Locked out of my PS4.

I have paid the annual fee for network access. That did not unlock my data. ( So now I am paying twice it seems!)

I am pretty sure it is me that has b*%£$@*ed all of this up.

Does anyone have a solution to my woes please?

Best regards.

Ian.

Hello Famine! Thank you for reaching out!!!

I am pretty sure that during this process, I de-activated the PS4 as I was setting up the PS5 - One of my miserable attempts to sort this debacle out!

Regards.

Ian.

EDIT: My name has changed!!! It should be just Ianbick. Is there a way to change that please?
Please forgive my advanced muppetry.
Screenshot 2024-05-11 at 16.01.08.png

Last edited:
Hello Famine! Thank you for reaching out!!!

I am pretty sure that during this process, I de-activated the PS4 as I was setting up the PS5 - One of my miserable attempts to sort this debacle out!

Regards.

Ian.

EDIT: My name has changed!!! It should be just Ianbick. Is there a way to change that please?
Please forgive my advanced muppetry.
View attachment 1354667
Are you sure you are using the same PSN Account? Sounds like you created a new account instead.
In order to get your progress, you must use the same PSN account.

Hello timekiller.

I thought that too. I do have an “Account recovery” email though.

I have changed the name on the account now. Still no joy though. 😕

Best regards.

Ian.

Ah no sry, I misunderstood your earlier post. I thought you meant the PSN ID was chagned, but it's the name below that.
That is ok, as a first and last name is required when setting up an account.

Is the progress still there on your PS4?

I'm still totally baffled about what it is you're trying to do here. There's literally no need to transfer anything. You just sign into the PS5 with the same account that you signed in on the PS4, and when you start GT7 all your progress is imported. You can even switch to and from the PS4 and PS5 and your progress moves with you every time; I know, I do it.

That said:

1715461866811.png

These aren't the same. And "Ian Bick" isn't a valid PSNID as you can't have spaces...

"Ianbick" is showing as pretty much a brand new PSNID, with no avatar, but since everything's locked down on it I can't say for sure. Are you sure you're signing into the right account - because I'm sure that you aren't if your GT7 progress isn't coming with you.

It's certainly not the name of the account you used here:

And there's another with your name on it that's the same as that but ending in a 2.

Could you take a screenshot on your PS4 of your GT7 My Page on the account you're trying to "transfer"?

Hello again Famine,

I cannot access the PS4 account now - " An Error Occurred "!

I have, without doubt, done something very silly here. I now have a telephone number for Sony. I am going to call them tomorrow at some point. I hope they can get me straight again.

Thank you for your efforts and your time! Cheers.

Best regards.

Ian.

EDIT: Resolved! Thanks to PSN Support and Famine. Back into my account and game data. Phew!
PS - Famine... You have mail.

Last edited:
Back