Fanatec DD Pro - lacking detail?

rivermandrake
Hey all, I am fortunate enough to have a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro. I love the wheel but I feel like there is detail missing. When I drive over the red and white rumble strips, I get little to no feedback through the wheel. Is it just me or is this a design issue with GT7? I swear it was better when I first got the game, maybe one of these lovely patches has borked it?

Just wondering what other users think, thanks.

Was the same in GT Sport, so it's a feature, I guess. If you want to know, what your wheel can do, give Assetto Corsa a go.

Not all curbs are rumble strips and are simply just a smooth surface.
I know that. I even explained it in another thread a couple weeks ago. Here is what I wrote:

That's because some of them are not rumble strips. They're just painted smooth concrete. That's why in Britain they're called "kerbs" and in Argentina they're called "pianitos" (little pianos because of the way they are painted). Not all of them are sculpted to make "rumble".
The problem is that, I have discovered since, that there are indeed rumble strips in the game that have no rumble to them, when they should. Even within the same track, some rumble, some don't. So there is definitely a problem with some of them.

Of course, as you correctly point out (like I also pointed out in the other thread), some of them indeed are just painted concrete; a "smooth surface" as you describe, and therefore should not rumble.

I know that. I even explained it in another thread a couple weeks ago. Here is what I wrote:

The problem is that, I have discovered since, that there are indeed rumble strips in the game that have no rumble to them, when they should. Even within the same track, some rumble, some don't. So there is definitely a problem with some of them.

Of course, as you correctly point out (like I also pointed out in the other thread), some of them indeed are just painted concrete; a "smooth surface" as you describe, and therefore should not rumble.

2 examples of this issue. My advice is to try the game with the standard dual sense controller and compare to the wheel and you will notice how much is missing. For example the track Sardegna on the wheel (CSL GT DD PRO 8nm) there is literally no rumble strip/curb force feedback on either the red/white painted curbs or the “concrete” grey rumble strips around other corners. If you try it with the dual sense controller you will feel every bump in all of the curbs. Then on the track Suzuka, the controller has force feedback on every single red/white rumble strip/curb however the wheel only has force feedback on about 30% of them. Seems like something is wrong with GT7 for the wheel, hopefully they can patch this soon.

2 examples of this issue. My advice is to try the game with the standard dual sense controller and compare to the wheel and you will notice how much is missing. For example the track Sardegna on the wheel (CSL GT DD PRO 8nm) there is literally no rumble strip/curb force feedback on either the red/white painted curbs or the “concrete” grey rumble strips around other corners. If you try it with the dual sense controller you will feel every bump in all of the curbs. Then on the track Suzuka, the controller has force feedback on every single red/white rumble strip/curb however the wheel only has force feedback on about 30% of them. Seems like something is wrong with GT7 for the wheel, hopefully they can patch this soon.
Hey all, I am fortunate enough to have a Fanatec Gran Turismo DD Pro. I love the wheel but I feel like there is detail missing. When I drive over the red and white rumble strips, I get little to no feedback through the wheel. Is it just me or is this a design issue with GT7? I swear it was better when I first got the game, maybe one of these lovely patches has borked it?

Just wondering what other users think, thanks.
Any improvement now after the updates?

With Fanatec, vibrations from curbs, gear shift changes, etc. are handled through the wheel rim and not the base. The Gran Turismo branded wheel rim does not have this. I feel these vibrations with my BMW GT2 V2 rim as long as the SHO setting is set to On or 100.

With Fanatec, vibrations from curbs, gear shift changes, etc. are handled through the wheel rim and not the base. The Gran Turismo branded wheel rim does not have this. I feel these vibrations with my BMW GT2 V2 rim as long as the SHO setting is set to On or 100.
Are there other wheels which don’t rumble? Or a list of ones which do?

Also, settings matter with the 8nm dd pro. Ive screwed mine up resulting in not so good feedback and i’ve also used a few settings which have been pretty good. Wish i could give a better answer, but im still kinda of in the poke and hope phase.

Back