First time adding decal to livery... looks blurry! I'm doing it wrong?

• Thread starter SergioRZ
  • 1 comments
Hi all,

better late than never... usually I just use some liveries found on Showcase and apply them without any major changes except rims and aero if needed. But today I really wanted to try adding a specific themed decal (there are several based on the same theme) that I'm very fond of. So I went to Showcase and added some 10 decals of the same basic design to my collection. Went to livery editor and tried using "my" brand new gorgeous decals, only to find that when on the car/livery those same gorgeous decals actually look very blurry :(

Why is that? Is it because those 10 or so decals are not vector images (how can I tell?). Or maybe I have to do something different?

Thanks for helping out ;)

I've found that many decals get pretty blurry when you shrink them down. Also keep in mind that while zooming up close in the editor you'll notice the blurriness way more than when taking normal pics or watching replays. One thing you might try is to change the color, assuming they aren't a multi color graphic. Short of that, try finding another decal of the same design, all decals are not made with equally. I've struggled in 7 with some decals, there simply aren't as many to choose from yet as there is in Sport.

Back