Forza Horizon 5: General Discussion

• Thread starter Northstar
  • 17,386 comments
The Taycan Turbo GT is quite a monster: 2.3s to 100kmh, 1034 hp, 1240Nm torque.

The current Turbo S has 952hp, apparently, but the one we have in the game is the previous gen? and has quite a bit less than that.

Last edited:

The current Turbo S has 952hp, apparently, but the one we have in the game is the previous gen? and has quite a bit less than that.
The current Taycan has literally just been launched (press drives were about 3 weeks ago), so that's no surprise.

Their listed numbers are quite misleading when compared to combustion-engined cars - that peak power figure is only a burst when using launch control, and in normal driving it's just under 800hp of continuous output. That's still comfortably ahead of the 680hp in the top Panamera, and still absurd levels of power, but not as far ahead as it initially seems.

Interessting video of the Lotus Evija X doing a record lap for EV production cars, although it has been heavily modified.
Still impressive for being the third fastest car around the green hell.
Laptimes.jpg
I think 6:24 is the 4th fastest time? There was a Porsche 956 did 6:11 during the qualifying of Nürburgring 1000 km in 1983.

I would say pre-facelift. Some car manufacturers are just abusing the phrase 'all-new' or 'new gen', especially some Chinese brands.

I would say pre-facelift. Some car manufacturers are just abusing the phrase 'all-new' or 'new gen', especially some Chinese brands.

Definitely pre-facelift. General rule of thumb is if the car didn't change chassis then it's called as facelift. Some people also separate it further into minor facelift and major facelift.

You're still going to be disappointed, because live service is here to stay, and I suspect it will be around for a long time.

I tried to warn you about it years ago and people still didn't listen.
I did mention that a live service game doesn't necessarily mean or have to have:
  • Come-and-go mechanics and time-limited content
  • Microtransactions in any way, shape or form
  • Always-online DRM and anti-consumer policies
  • Regression of content and features
...especially if the game is paid for in the first place.

I mean, the live service aspect was meant to grow the game's content and features over time, not bring content to the table then remove it temporarily for a long time, or permanently.

Last edited:
I did mention that a live service game doesn't necessarily mean or have to have:
  • Microtransactions in any way, shape or form
  • Always-online DRM and anti-consumer policies
  • Regression of content and features
...especially if the game is paid for in the first place.

I mean, the live service aspect was meant to grow the game's content and features over time, not bring content to the table then remove it temporarily for a long time, or permanently.
A hundred times this.

I mean, the one thing they could genuinely do worse in an FH6 is make the Festival Playlist something you have to buy with Forzathon Points, and increase the requirements for the new cars at that; heck, the way the Race-Off worked could even be used as the main format for live service in future games, and that thing was obtuse as all-get-out.

I think 6:24 is the 4th fastest time? There was a Porsche 956 did 6:11 during the qualifying of Nürburgring 1000 km in 1983.
Technically it is the 4th fastest time.

Back in 1983, Stefan Bellof set the record of 6.11.13 min in his Porsche 956 during training for the 1000km race the next day. He chrashed spectacularly halfway during that race but walking away unharmed.
Since that was for a race it is not officially listed on the Nürburgring website for records set on the Nordschleife. The list I posted is the official list that are certified times with an official time keeper. So officially it is the 3rd fastest but fans will say it´s only the fourth 😁

Technically it is the 4th fastest time.

Back in 1983, Stefan Bellof set the record of 6.11.13 min in his Porsche 956 during training for the 1000km race the next day.

[...]

So officially it is the 3rd fastest but fans will say it´s only the fourth 😁
Or indeed fifth. For some reason everyone always forgets that Bellof's record came in a qualifying session, in which there were also other cars. Jochen Mass and Jacky Ickx qualified another 956 (the one which won the race) in second in 6:16.850. Third was a shared Bellof/Ickx/Mass car at a 6:27, which only ran in qualifying and not the race, and the fastest non-956 was a Lancia LC2 at 6:41.147.

The Evija X did beat Bellof's record race lap of 6:25.910 though.

Nonetheless, you could also argue sixth, as the 919's record lap was its second. The first was a 5:24.375.

I think at best you could say it's the third fastest car outside of a motorsports event and on the modern surface and track profile.

I can't think of any live service game that doesn't have time-limited content. While it would be possible to have a live service game that doesn't have it, I don't think it would be successful if people always felt that they can get anything in the game any time in the future.

What a lot of very successful live service games do is to restrict the time-limited content to cosmetic rather than functional items. I feel like driving games haven't generally figured out yet how to make cosmetics appealing enough to sustain interest, so they resort to the low effort tactic of time-limited functional items, because it requires less intellectual exertion to do that than to work out how to make really compelling cosmetics.

Well the new seasonal cars are never “must have” in order to play or compete in game, but they remain desirable for those who want a specific model or like to collect everything.

I see no reason to change the design, it works quite well.

Last edited:
Back