Forza Motorsport General Discussion Thread

• Thread starter Terronium-12
  • 12,797 comments
In FH5 the BT62 is present but it's way faster than the other GT2 cars with a much higher PI. Not sure if that's because they built it before it was actually launched into GT2 and so they didn't include a restrictor plate?

The BT62 and Ferrari Challenge could be thrown in too right?
As @skazz mentioned, the BT62 we have in game is way too fast, and I don't think it can be brought into balance with the other cars; the alternative would be to give every other car a significant power hike, however there's no guarantee they would be drivable with an additional 200hp.

Of course, that's not an issue for private league organizers, that can just slap a 20% power handicap on the Brabham via lobby overrides and call it a day; then again, league organizers don't need cars to be neatly organized in separate classes either. Perhaps a similar solution could be used to balance a Brabham-inclusive GT2 class for Hoppers, and it's a bit of a moot point in Single Player because the AI drives cars in the player's PI range anyways (and some classes are, indeed, wildly unbalanced).

As for the Ferrari Challenge, I don't know why it didn't come to mind, but it would indeed be a nice fit for a "rich dentist GT" class. IIRC a virtually unmodified Challenge Evo was even invited to the GT2 Euro Series in the inaugural season, so it wouldn't be, by any stretch of the imagination, out of place.

Last edited:
BT62 ... GT2
BT62 ... GT2 class
I wouldn't put any bets on this making the short walk over to FM8 from FH5.

Brabham Group recently ended the licensing agreement with, causing the closure of, Brabham Automotive, and this actually caused the BT63 to be removed from the GT2 Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione very shortly before it was released. Any licences agreed with Brabham Automotive are essentially terminated, and it's not clear that the car is technically licensable any more as the name has reverted to Brabham Group but the car has not.

I wouldn't put any bets on this making the short walk over to FM8 from FH5.

Brabham Group recently ended the licensing agreement with, causing the closure of, Brabham Automotive, and this actually caused the BT63 to be removed from the GT2 Pack DLC for Assetto Corsa Competizione very shortly before it was released. Any licences agreed with Brabham Automotive are essentially terminated, and it's not clear that the car is technically licensable any more as the name has reverted to Brabham Group but the car has not.
It is in the game

As I mentioned before, the Ferrari 488 Challenge was added to the ACC GT2 class when the GT2 pack was launched.

In FH5 the Lamborghini ST is 911 PI and the F488 Challenge is 905 PI but my test laps put them a tenth or so apart. In FH5 they both effectively compete with GTE, which isn’t what I’d want in FM23.

The 62 track car, but the comments were talking about GT2 racing - presumably prompted by the 935 - which is the 63.

Edit: Wait, it's the 62 that's in FH5 too... Okay, ignore me.
Yeah, that's the point that was being made - we don't have the 63, and balancing the 700hp, high-downforce 62 to other GT2 cars would be an utter pain in the arse, which is why it's far more likely the Brabham would be balanced to the Essenza, FXXK and other usual suspects in a "track specials" class. Even if T10 pulled some aces from its sleeve, the BT62 could easily become a broken meta car for such a class.

Of course, the entire discourse stems from some very big assumptions as to how the Forza GT class will be revised. I wouldn't bet on T10 going any further than moving the TA and V8SC cars into their own classes...

IMG_2372.jpeg

Attended the FIA World Endurance Championship Spa 6 Hours yesterday, this new generation of Hypercars are amazing and I sure hope Turn10 adds some of them soon to join the Cadillac V Series.R, and I hope they prioritise the Porsche 963. It would fit the announced endurance races very well :)

View attachment 1354876
Attended the FIA World Endurance Championship Spa 6 Hours yesterday, this new generation of Hypercars are amazing and I sure hope Turn10 adds some of them soon to join the Cadillac V Series.R, and I hope they prioritise the Porsche 963. It would fit the announced endurance races very well :)
Im sure that was a great time, I saw some of the highlights of the race on YT and couldnt believe the Cadillac messed up the whole race with that crash early on. Im with you though, we really need more GTPs, there have been some great races in both WEC and IMSA with these machines. Im honestly surprised T10 has not added at least 1 more yet but someone mentioned they might have been saving those for when the car pass was done. Im confident soon enough we will get some more hypercars to join thr caddy.

Last edited:
The announcement that would make me very happy tomorrow is: We hired whoever did the computer-controlled drivers in Grid Legends, they are good at their job! And thrust me, they are.
I’m sure whoever did the AI for that is probably on NFS or F1 right now (assuming no layoffs of course).

Legends is definitely underrated amongst the general public though, it’s a good game that was swallowed by Gran Turismo 7 and Elden Ring.

Last edited:
I’m sure whoever did the AI for that is probably on NFS or F1 right now (assuming no layoffs of course).

Legends is definitely underrated amongst the general public though, it’s a good game that was swallowed by Gran Turismo 7 and Elden Ring.
Yeah, it is wishful thinking on my part... On the other hand, any FM player that wishes to mix things up would be serviced by playing Grid Legends, which runs great on consoles/PC, provides access to many tracks not found (yet) in FM, such as Mount Panorama, the Red Bull Ring, etc., but most importantly, for that single player challenge that as of now is lacking.

I like it more Toca Race Driver era but Grid Legends deserves more recognition.

Being aware that it is not intended to be a sim, is a very fun game.

It has an excellent variety of cars, really interesting fictional tracks and some real ones that are not usually seen in other games, amazing weather effects, great damage model, AI sometimes too aggressive but generally works really well, many options for custom races, you access all cars by playing without nonsense GaaS time exclusive rewards.

Forza and Gran Turismo they could learn some things from Grid Legends.

It would be a shame if EA let Grid die to focus exclusively on F1, WRC and NFS.

Returning to Forza, let's see what they surprise us with in the next update, I dream of new permanent content for the Builders Cup and Open Tour.

The announcement that would make me very happy tomorrow is: We hired whoever did the computer-controlled drivers in Grid Legends, they are good at their job! And thrust me, they are.
I'm currently enjoying the bots in PC3 right now and I never thought I would. A little scripted perhaps but at least they fight back unlike in this game where they seemingly roll on their backs and wave their paws in the air as soon as you pass them.
I'm sure that bloke who played Valentin Manzi has a great future ahead of him.

Last edited:
I'm currently enjoying the bots in PC3 right now and I never thought I would. A little scripted perhaps but at least they fight back unlike in this game where they seemingly roll on their backs and wave their paws in the air as soon as you pass them.I'm sure that bloke who played Valentin Manzi has a great future ahead of him.
Yeah, I heard he got a doctorate or something. Good for him, but he will always be Valentin "Your teammate crashed" Manzi to me.

Yeah, I heard he got a doctorate or something. Good for him, but he will always be Valentin "Your teammate crashed" Manzi to me.
Me too, the guy kept trying to ram me off the course after I only rearended and pit manoeuvred him once or twice, I swear, honest guv. Well, maybe five or ten times. Ok, five or ten dozen times. Funniest was when Ajeet the engineer told me he'd switched his radio off in disgust.

Last edited:
Back