Fully customizable transmissions

• Thread starter Serum
  • 4 comments
Japan
Aokigahara
I’m trying to use a 350z trans or M3 trans in an s15, via gear ratios. Problem is, I can never match the ratio and speed. I can have one or the other, but never both.

Are there coded restrictions, or am I doing it wrong?

Note: It was this way before Red Bull or whatever car was used for the hearing exploit.

Speed/Gearing isn't only determined by the gearbox but also the differential; which is something you can't change/adjust in GT.

I’m trying to use a 350z trans or M3 trans in an s15, via gear ratios. Problem is, I can never match the ratio and speed. I can have one or the other, but never both.

Are there coded restrictions, or am I doing it wrong?

Note: It was this way before Red Bull or whatever car was used for the hearing exploit.
Basically it is like this
1. rpm and torque are deciding factors in engine horse power
2. engine horse power is transmitted to the wheels
3. gear ratio factors how much horse power is transmitted to the wheels on each gear
4. we cant change this in GT7: tyre size (not rim, but rubber diameter) bigger tyre = more distance traveled by the same rotational speed
5. air resistance by either basic car body shape or by additional aero parts will affect the final speed (adding aero parts both can make a car faster that has a bad basic car body shape, or slower when setup for more downforce)

So this explains, why same gear ratio settings will not result in the same speed between different cars.

Back