Invalid SVG format?

United States
Columbia, SC
XM202_The_Virus
Apologies if this has been previously covered, but I was unable to find anything on this. I've finally been able to get some logos under the 15kb threshold to upload to the uploader site. I'm using adobe illustrator 5.5 to create these logos and converting from .png to .svg. However, each time I upload a logo I get a message stating I'm utilizing an invalid svg format. I'm saving in 1.0 and I've tried 1.1, but still getting the same error. I'm at wit's end and about ready to pay someone to create the logos I want to utilize in my liveries. Any assistance or insight on how to rectify this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Mind posting the steps you went through and the png you used?
I was told by someone who utilizes illustrator quite frequently that I would be able to lessen the file size if I rasterized then flattened the logos I wanted to use. Apparently, that must be where I've gone wrong. The logos I'm using are nowhere nearly as intricate as some of the ones that are currently on the site, but no matter what I'm attempting to do in illustrator, I can't get them under the 15kb threshold and the ones I can, will not upload. Unable to add any examples, I'm newish to forums, so not quite sure how to insert examples to show you. Thanks

If someone can give me a 'roadmap' to use when working in illustrator that might help me, that would be awesome. I use lightroom and photoshop almost daily, but illustrator is like trying to hit a 300 yard drive with a hockey stick and a football. For instance, how would I grab a logo from the web (.jpeg or .png) and make adjustments in illustrator so it's under the size threshold and is able to be uploaded to the GTS decal site. I'm not artistic when it comes to freehand drawing, so that's why I was wanting to be able to 'grab and go' with logos I wanted to use in real world liveries.

Last edited:
Here are a few of the logos I would like to convert and upload:

pnj9mb2sj
pmNsqaHWp
poeGvQp7p

Having the very same problem I haven't messed around with any settings to make it stop working (Using Inkscape) It was working only yesterday as I created some text decals but today doing exactly the same processes I get the same error as OP.

Tried that.... in illustrator, when exporting it did not give me an option to export as a .svg

Then your version might be too old. I have the svg option.

If someone can give me a 'roadmap' to use when working in illustrator that might help me, that would be awesome. I use lightroom and photoshop almost daily, but illustrator is like trying to hit a 300 yard drive with a hockey stick and a football. For instance, how would I grab a logo from the web (.jpeg or .png) and make adjustments in illustrator so it's under the size threshold and is able to be uploaded to the GTS decal site. I'm not artistic when it comes to freehand drawing, so that's why I was wanting to be able to 'grab and go' with logos I wanted to use in real world liveries.

This explains it quite well. jpg and png are bitmap data:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4307308.html

I would bet it's the raster step that's causing the issue. I think I remember from the tutorial you go through before you can use the uploader where they mentioned raster vs vector. Try creating a couple simple shapes with and without rasterizing and see if they upload correctly.

Hello

This SVG thing is driving me mad!! I've been trying to upload my company logo for ages but I can't do it.

Could one of you clever lot sort it out for me please??

I've attached it please let me know if you need it in a different file type, but don't ask for an SVG...

Many thanks in advance

B

Attachments

• whiteblack.jpg
    whiteblack.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 22
Hello

This SVG thing is driving me mad!! I've been trying to upload my company logo for ages but I can't do it.

Could one of you clever lot sort it out for me please??

I've attached it please let me know if you need it in a different file type, but don't ask for an SVG...

Many thanks in advance

B

If you have an .eps or .pdf, it's a straight re-save. No tracing needed.

Okay. What programs are you using because I am raising the flag.

I am using THREE programs:

Adobe Photoshop (for editing)
GIMP and Inkscape for resizing, scaling and converting to .svg format. Tutorial is here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=387

Inkscape SVG is version 1.1, which should be compatible with GT Sport guidelines.

I have edited, reduced and converted this image down to 13kb, and it is in a single layer format, but yet it is still an invalid format in GT Sport.

Attachments

• Gourai.png
    Gourai.png
    477 bytes · Views: 81
Then your version might be too old. I have the svg option.

This explains it quite well. jpg and png are bitmap data:

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gtsport/news/00_4307308.html

Unfortunately, this does not explain anything. Specifically the programs you can use. GIMP can't convert files to .svg, but Inkscape can. Photoshop Portable can also convert .svg files, but it is in the wrong version. So, what no one is mentioning is exactly what programs they are using to successfully convert images for use in GT Sport... unless it is some trade secret.

Okay. What programs are you using because I am raising the flag.

I am using THREE programs:

Adobe Photoshop (for editing)
GIMP and Inkscape for resizing, scaling and converting to .svg format. Tutorial is here: http://gimpchat.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=387

Inkscape SVG is version 1.1, which should be compatible with GT Sport guidelines.

I have edited, reduced and converted this image down to 13kb, and it is in a single layer format, but yet it is still an invalid format in GT Sport.
Scaling/Resizing the image won't work.
The image has to be traced, aka vectorized.

In Inkscape, this can be done using Path -> Trace Bitmap, from the top menu.
Most other programs, such as Illustrator or VectorMagic, also have similar tools for vectorizing an image.

Unfortunately, this does not explain anything. Specifically the programs you can use. GIMP can't convert files to .svg, but Inkscape can. Photoshop Portable can also convert .svg files, but it is in the wrong version. So, what no one is mentioning is exactly what programs they are using to successfully convert images for use in GT Sport... unless it is some trade secret.

The programs most people use are Illustrator, Inkscape or Affinity Designer.

And the link I have provided explains why Photoshop is the wrong tool for the job. It's a software to primarily edit bitmap images. You need a software to edit vector data, like Illustrator or any of the mentioned above.

Also, as the link I have provided explains, you cannot just save a bitmap image as as .svg and be done with it. It needs proper vector tracing.

Scaling/Resizing the image won't work.
The image has to be traced, aka vectorized.

In Inkscape, this can be done using Path -> Trace Bitmap, from the top menu.
Most other programs, such as Illustrator or VectorMagic, also have similar tools for vectorizing an image.

Interesting. I was not aware of that... I'll try that.

Someone can help me to create these 4 decals ???
I have same trouble of invalid .svg format message.

Tks all...

Attachments

• Fabiana.png
    Fabiana.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 12
  • Pele.png
    Pele.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 13
  • Mobil.png
    Mobil.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 13
  • Leandrinho.png
    Leandrinho.png
    4.9 KB · Views: 12
I was having the same problem. I was making a whole bunch of emblems one after the other. Only one wouldn't upload. I fluked the solution - I had layers in my image. Removed one layer and put the whole thing into one layer. Uploaded straight away. (Using Inkscape).

I'm about to start tearing my hair out here. I got it to work yesterday, and now, "Invalid SVG Format". I suddenly can't get this to work for the life of me, I've tried saving as an "Inkscape Svg", "Plain svg", tried pulling the image from bitmap, png, and I tried Path<Trace Bitmap (I tell it to go through, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Am I missing something? Is this normal?) I just don't get this... what is going on?...

I'm about to start tearing my hair out here. I got it to work yesterday, and now, "Invalid SVG Format". I suddenly can't get this to work for the life of me, I've tried saving as an "Inkscape Svg", "Plain svg", tried pulling the image from bitmap, png, and I tried Path<Trace Bitmap (I tell it to go through, but it doesnt seem to do anything. Am I missing something? Is this normal?) I just don't get this... what is going on?...

Try deleting the bitmap image after doing the Trace Bitmap thing. You see, when you do the Trace Bitmap, Inkscape creates a vectorized version of the image that sits on top of the bitmap. It doesn't put vectors on the bitmap, nor does it convert the bitmap to a vectorized one.

plz, i need a step by step outline on how to do this, ive read every comment and link on this page and its like yall are skipping what ppl are asking here, I NEED A STEP BY STEP OUTLINE , am i asking to much

plz, i need a step by step outline on how to do this, ive read every comment and link on this page and its like yall are skipping what ppl are asking here, I NEED A STEP BY STEP OUTLINE , am i asking to much

Hey guys, i am losing my mind trying to upload this image, i've tried everything in this thread but still goes to unsupported file, could anybody upload this for me please.

Attachments

• nira.png
    nira.png
    4.4 KB · Views: 2
Back