Is polyphony Digital taking the piss

• Thread starter Mjr29
  • 20 comments
Australia
Australia
Is PD taking the piss out of us with these multiplayer lobbies?
Like everyone else that has paid hard earned money for this game, I am extremely disappointed with what has been released to the public.
Multiplayer lobbies is what I play on with a large group of friends every Thursday and Friday nights.
This group has been playing for at least 10+ years, in GTS the lobbies were always full. This was because the racing was full on and competitive with a lot of door to door racing.
Then comes GT7, they have turned the racing which was fun into a group time trial session.
Admittedly we as a group are not the greatest drivers out there and tend to bump each other off or just fall off by ourselves. But we have fun.
The reason was we used the boost do if there was an incident you could at least catch up and join the fun again.
Not GT 7 let’s put a boost function in the lobby and just not have it work.
PD developers, if you are actually taking any note of the people paying your wages hear this.
Please sort this game out before you are in the unemployed line.
GTS multiplayer lobbies worked perfectly, replicate that and you may just win the players back, we do not need more cars as there are cars in the game I have not even driven yet.
I just want a lobby that is fun again.

Personally I expect a massive overhaul of the lobbies in the one of the coming updates, both to fix the known issues and everything else that's wrong with it. But I might as well be wrong and we'll see new lobbies with GT7 Spec2 if at all :lol:

At this point in time I think PD aren't bothered about fixing the lobbies, if they were they would have fixed them by now...

I too run a race group with around 8-10 regulars, on GTS we sometimes got a few more.

Everyone in the group has had enough of waiting, we are actively discussing whether to find a different game for us all.
Problem is most other racing games on PS5/4 are either too 'sim' or too 'arcade' for our liking...

Mentioned this before, but Wreckfest (which we sometimes play for a laugh) has much better online options and that's a low budget indie game!

PD should be ashamed of themselves 🙄

True, but in reality is PD has always been like this since the very beginning of Gran Turismo, just that people swept all their choices and decisions under the rug and inflating PD and GT in the process.

Some of the complains of GT7 being something that has been done on older GT long ago shows this.

Problem is most other racing games on PS5/4 are either too 'sim' or too 'arcade' for our liking...
which games are more sim on the playstation? ACC / AC? I think they're the only tarmac racers, and the amount of people on those games is incredibly low on console, and there was a plethora of game-breaking bugs for the "next gen" update on PS5. so effectively you'd just be buying the game for you and your friends for multiplayer lobbies and that's it? there really are no good options for sim racing on console as it stands, correct me if im wrong

I have tried Project Cars 2 and ACC, didn't really get on with them...I use a controller and by all accounts you need a wheel really.

Point is we shouldn't even be having a discussion about finding an alternative to GT7. We are just a group of friends who want play together and run organised events. Something we did for years on GTS...

Ironically the best alternative to GT7 at the moment is GTS!

Last edited:
I've read this post three times and still have no idea what the OP is complaining about.
It sounds like lobbies are broken because there's no boost function to help slower players get artificially bumped back up?
Multiplayer lobbies is what I play on with a large group of friends every Thursday and Friday nights.
This group has been playing for at least 10+ years, in GTS the lobbies were always full. This was because the racing was full on and competitive with a lot of door to door racing.
Then comes GT7, they have turned the racing which was fun into a group time trial session.
Admittedly we as a group are not the greatest drivers out there and tend to bump each other off or just fall off by ourselves. But we have fun.
The reason was we used the boost do if there was an incident you could at least catch up and join the fun again.
Not GT 7 let’s put a boost function in the lobby and just not have it work.
PD developers, if you are actually taking any note of the people paying your wages hear this.
Please sort this game out before you are in the unemployed line.
GTS multiplayer lobbies worked perfectly, replicate that and you may just win the players back, we do not need more cars as there are cars in the game I have not even driven yet.
I just want a lobby that is fun again.
Why would that even matter? Let the slow players be slow... who cares? If it's a friends lobby then this totally doesn't mean anything, and you all could wait up if it were that big of a deal, OR the ones that struggle could just get better through playing. Your friends have been playing together every week for 10+ years and still need artificial boost to stay together or not get bothered by having an incident... something we ALL deal with at times? Artificial boost honestly sounds terrible, and a nonsense reason to complain about the game.

This is 100% something you and your friends can figure out by simply agreeing to terms. No one at PD is going to be in the "unemployment line" because of this, or any of the other silly, trivial, meaningless things people find to complain about in this game. If it's such a big deal, GTS also still exists, and is right there for you and your buddies to go back to if you all need fake speed boosts so much.

Seems absolutely ridiculous to me.

It sounds like lobbies are broken because there's no boost function to help slower players get artificially bumped back up?

Why would that even matter? Let the slow players be slow... who cares? If it's a friends lobby then this totally doesn't mean anything, and you all could wait up if it were that big of a deal, OR the ones that struggle could just get better through playing. Your friends have been playing together every week for 10+ years and still need artificial boost to stay together or not get bothered by having an incident... something we ALL deal with at times? Artificial boost honestly sounds terrible, and a nonsense reason to complain about the game.

This is 100% something you and your friends can figure out by simply agreeing to terms. No one at PD is going to be in the "unemployment line" because of this, or any of the other silly, trivial, meaningless things people find to complain about in this game. If it's such a big deal, GTS also still exists, and is right there for you and your buddies to go back to if you all need fake speed boosts so much.

This post just screams "Stop having fun wrong". If that's what they did and had fun, who are you to tell them they should do something else?

There is zero valid reason for a function they used in GTS to have fun to have been removed from the sequel, just as there wasn't any reason so much of the other lobby functionality was removed.

It's not a nonsense reason to complain at all. PD have taken away something they used to have fun for no reason whatsoever.

So sad. I wish pd gets some competitors.
I wished Ride 4 developers would make a "GT" but then..
Not to mention how you have to create an entire new Lobby to change its settings. This is an absolute must fix, it's just really poor coding here, and it's something easy to fix as well.
Ride 4 had the same issue.

I no longer have any hope of a good racing game release after GT7. They all have serious flaws, and none seem to combine all the best bits.

Why can't people enjoy the game the way they want to? Especially when the previous game in the franchise was perfectly all right for them. Why would anyone be ok with a subsequent game that lacks the features and playability of its predecessor?

Pretty much bought this game with the expectation I could enjoy league races ... which is the lowest expectation to meet, and PD have failed abysmally with lagging lobbies, no qualifying, no adjustability, no proper FFB.

They put more thought into extracting microtransactions out of players than they did ensuring that lobbies worked.

Personally I expect a massive overhaul of the lobbies in the one of the coming updates, both to fix the known issues and everything else that's wrong with it. But I might as well be wrong and we'll see new lobbies with

Personally I expect a massive overhaul of the lobbies in the one of the coming updates, both to fix the known issues and everything else that's wrong with it. But I might as well be wrong and we'll see new lobbies with GT7 Spec2 if at all :lol:
The boys and I thought we would go back and have a race in GT sport.
It took a while to get back into the swing of the physics again but it was much better than 7 unfortunately.
Not one bit of cars jumping all over the track, the start sequence worked.
Everyone had fun, just goes to show how much work needs to go into GT 7.
I really enjoy the GT series so hopefully the issues get rectified sooner rather than later.

They are lost. Removing basic lobby features that were offered in GT Sport, while failing to correct persistent errors that have existed for years (cars freezing on the grid during a race start in lobbies, pit lane glitches, etc). Furthermore, I refuse to play the game until they fix FFB.
Was in a 15 person lobby yesterday and no one could see each other.

Back