Logitech G Pro Racing Wheel

I’ve been playing GT since it first release of GT1 (yes I’m old) but that’s super disappointing from PD.

I get it, they’re in business but they should rethink their tag line. Perhaps ‘the real driving simulator….. but only if you purchase the right gear so we get an extra cut’ might be more suitable.

Happy to be corrected if I’m wrong though and that makes me even more thankful for Drivehub
I suppose if it's any consolation gt7 has trueforce implemented where as the fanatec drive force is not, at least at not yet. Forza 8 still hasn't implemented trueforce which is super disappointing. Trueforce is a gamechanger.

Also if drivehub devs found a way to increase the torque by a % would it also allow you to increase it beyond what the wheel is technically capable of?
The logical answer is "no" 'cause the wheel's max output is limited by the power going into the wheelbase via the transformer brick.

Unless of course Logitech has programmed the firmware to nerf the full capability in the interests of reliability / heat generation / avoiding clipping...

Last edited:
From what I've read, the PS compatible Fanatec Podium DD1 can run at its full torque in GT7. That's 20Nm I think.
Yes, but you wouldn't want to, because it's lethal - crazy oscillations around centre when driving down a straight. It's like trying to tame a wild bear whilst driving!

Re: max torque output of the wheel, that's simply a factor of the torque constant of the motor and the available power from the power supply. You can't get more than the 11Nm without increasing the amount of power in the system, but then you have to consider the overall component choices as well - everything has to be able to handle that power increase.

TL;DR we don't nerf the wheel - it's just designed to achieve a max torque of 11Nm.

Last edited:
Hi all,

long time lurker to this thread, finally took the plunge to buy DD wheelbase and loadcell pedal set, and went with the G pro, in a large part thanks to this thread. I'm in the UK and it arrived last Thursday, took 8 days after ordering, which was good I think.

I was hoping my first post on here to be positive, I am happy with how the wheel and pedals feel but after two days I already had intermittent issue which is concerning. After playing AC or Raceroom for a couple of minutes, if go to the pause menu or exit out of the game back to desktop, there is sometimes a substantial ticking/clicking noise from within the base that is also making the wheel twitch ever so slightly. It's not great pausing your game or waiting for the next race and the wheel is twitching. I'm only playing on PC at the moment, so don't if it would be an issue on PS5 as well.

I'm using it with 8.1nm strength and following the Logitech recommended settings for AC and RaceRoom, with FF turned down on AC, so I'm not pushing it particularly hard. The firmware is up to date and I've tried different USB ports on my PC (it's plugged in directly). The issue does stop when I turn the base off and on again but it can then reappear. It's intermittent which makes it more perplexing.

Here is a clip, the first section of the video shows the wheel twitching and the second part shows the clicking/ticking noise coming from the base.

Hi @LOGI_Rich , do you have any ideas for things I can try in order to stop this twitching? As well as being audible and visible, I can feel it when I hold the wheel.

Last edited:
@charlie3322 first thought is that you’re testing in non-Trueforce titles, so I’d be interested to hear if the same thing happens if you run a Trueforce title, for comparison. Also, have you tested on PS5 yet to see if the same thing happens there?

hi all,
is there a way to change steering angle in gt7 overriding the automatic angle given by the game with drivehub?

and a last question for @LOGI_Rich ...

why if i set ffbfilter to 15 i dont have oversteer like i set it to 1?
seems wheel output is more gently if i set ffbfilter to 15...

You can override the angle setting when you're in the car but GT7 will still keep adjusting it each time you load a race. FFB Filter has no effect on the steering axis output; it's just filtering the forces that you get in the wheel.

You can override the angle setting when you're in the car but GT7 will still keep adjusting it each time you load a race. FFB Filter has no effect on the steering axis output; it's just filtering the forces that you get in the wheel.
I've tried override angle once I'm on the track and nothing changed...on the wheel display I see new angle but the car steer the same...
I mean the ratio non the steering lock...I want to change angle ratio...for example 90 degrees on phisical wheel and 110 on the car wheel...
I want to turn less the wheel on corner...
With fanatec is possible

For the ffbfilter I'm 100% sure that with high value the amg gr3 '20 on the two Lesmo is less oversteering...i tried to switch from 1 to 15 and gained 0.2 second...after 1 lap
So I think something goes out of range if I take 1 ffbfilter...
I'm a programmer, I don't miss that things...
I saw also I can feel earlier the oversteering behavior.

Looks like Polyphony changed things again on the angle then. We'll add it to the list of things to raise with them.

However, I can assure you that the Filter has zero effect on the axis output of the steering from the wheel.

Looks like Polyphony changed things again on the angle then. We'll add it to the list of things to raise with them.

However, I can assure you that the Filter has zero effect on the axis output of the steering from the wheel.
Wich was the procedure?
Go out of the box and change angle or have before to push pause?

And while changing angle u see in game wheel change angle itself?
I've tried both since at least one year and always the same...
For the filter maybe not affect the output directly but change some other algorithm input value... Because it change the amg behavior from night to day

Last edited:
It only filters the force feedback output, that's it. The game detects the steering axis output which is not influenced in any way by the Filter setting. Could Polyphony be doing something else on their end? Maybe, but we have no visibility into that.

Back