Motorsport Games Board Resigns - All of Them

• Thread starter Scaff
  • 128 comments
View attachment 1343449

KT Racing and Milestone are not exactly names I'd have faith in with a licensed car Racing game given their last respective games. I don't see Codemasters doing this UNLESS they buy out the license AND Studio 397, which frees up Codemasters from doing any work themselves and the game gets the support it needs. Otherwise, I don't exactly see a positive ending in sight here.

Also, hilarious that MSG thinks going to the mobile games is gonna save them when that isn't exactly short of its own list of absolute flops.
Given that KT Racing have an endurance racing title in the works you can likely count them out.

Given that KT Racing have an endurance racing title in the works you can likely count them out.
It does close the loop on how the hell their game is even being made given the licensing of the other one...

Are KT not already planning their own WEC game, Codemasters could cover most of it within any next GRID and whatever they do with Project Cars 4, only really leaving Milestone out of those, who would presumably just make their own game on the engine they use already within Unreal 5?

Guess it would just be whoever wanted to take on the devs behind LMU, or the licence, is there nobody else who would do that?

Are KT not already planning their own WEC game, Codemasters could cover most of it within any next GRID and whatever they do with Project Cars 4, only really leaving Milestone out of those, who would presumably just make their own game on the engine they use already within Unreal 5?

Guess it would just be whoever wanted to take on the devs behind LMU, or the licence, is there nobody else who would do that?

Straight 4.

I don't see Codemasters doing this UNLESS they buy out the license AND Studio 397, which frees up Codemasters from doing any work themselves and the game gets the support it needs.
I doubt that will happen, considering the next Project CARS was cancelled.

F1 is mainstream enough be one of the top EA SPORTS titles.

WRC, less so.

To do WEC properly would be to target a niche audience smaller than Project CARS was, while also doing it in a more competitive environment than F1/WRC due to games like iRacing existing.

All this is to say that I don't think EA would be interested in buying out Studio397 or Motorsport Games, when that money could be pumped into expanding F1, or on guaranteed money-makers like FC/Madden.

All this is to say that I don't think EA would be interested in buying out Studio397 or Motorsport Games, when that money could be pumped into expanding F1, or on guaranteed money-makers like FC/Madden.
That and EA just got done laying off a bunch of people not too long ago, so I doubt they're really in the market to pick up any more studios at the moment.

Back