Netflix Racing Movies

• Thread starter Brandon402
  • 20 comments
United States
Lincoln, NE
There is of course the 'Senna' documentary on Netflix profiling the career of Ayrton Senna. But I found another Formula 1 film called '1976: Hunt vs Lauda' and I'm watching it now. This was before Senna's time racing F1, he started F1 in 1984.

I just wanted to mention the Hunt vs Lauda film, and if you know of any other racing or car movies on Netflix please mention them. Thanks!

Watched Senna a while ago on my brother-in-laws' recommendation. Fantastic. I saw Rush in theaters so I watched Hunt V. Lauda right away when I saw it on Netflix. Great docs!

I really enjoyed The Beast, not sure if its still available, but check that one out.

Wrong section bro

but I would recommend looking through youtube as well, there are quite a few go documentaries on everything motorsports.

Last edited:
Wrong thread bro

but I would recommend looking through youtube as well, there are quite a few go documentaries on everything motorsports.
How is this the wrong thread? If you are looking for motorsport docs to watch Truth in 24 2 is on Netflix but not the first.

Another one that I quite liked is Red Bull Return to Millen Mountain.

How is this the wrong thread? If you are looking for motorsport docs to watch Truth in 24 2 is on Netflix but not the first.

Another one that I quite liked is Red Bull Return to Millen Mountain.
This section is for Gran Turismo 6-related things. This thread should be in the TV&Movies or even the Motorsports thread.

Last edited:
Not sure if they are all on netflix, but here is a list of movies I've enjoyed (my favorites at the top, lesser liked ones at bottom):

Rush (narrowly tops Grand Prix)
Grand Prix (1966, beautiful in every way, watch it wide screen blu ray - amazing cinematography )
Senna
Hunt vs. Lauda
LeMans ( 1971? )
Winning (Paul Newman)
1984 Dakar rally (Youtube: )

It's kinda fun to watch these 3 in this order:

Grand Prix
Rush
Senna

Each set 10 years apart or so, look at the technology differences in the cars, but also pay close attention in Senna at the beginning on the movie. No spoilers but watch and listen and go back and do it a few more times if you don't notice something fun/interesting.

I found another good documentary on Netflix called 'Red Bull Return to Millen Mountain', on the title image it just says "RETURN TO MILLEN MOUNTAIN". It's about racing at Pike's Peak in Colorado.

The Henry Ford documentary on Amazon Prime is also very good. I no longer have Prime though.

I don't know if it's still on netflix, but "Charge" documentary of electric bikes competing at the Isle of Mann TT.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1855152/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Faster (Moto GP documentary)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0368721/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

Both are 2-wheels movies/docs but I enjoyed watching them.

Faster is one of the best things of all time ever.

Everytime I race in the wet I always imagine that opening event in Suzuka.

*hums song that plays during part of the race*

The Worlds Fastest Indian.

This movie was fantastic! Don't let the title fool you. Its not about an "Indian" person, its about the worlds fastest Indian bike. I am not even into bikes and I loved this movie. Amazing true story! Very inspiring.
worlds_fastest_indian_ver8.jpg

On Netflix I found and watched '30 for 30:Tim Richmond: To the Limit'. I had not heard of him before, probably because I was born in '82 and he was a Nascar driver in the mid 80's.

I have seen the Charge, Millen Mountain thing & Senna. I'm pretty sure I rated four to five stars on all of them. Netflix rules.

I have seen the Charge, Millen Mountain thing & Senna. I'm pretty sure I rated four to five stars on all of them. Netflix rules.
Not really... around 75% of the movies on Netflix are crap no one watches and has around 20 votes on iMDB (not any of the films you listed, though).

This is one of those films:
Tappy-Toes.png

Last edited:
Not really... around 75% of the movies on Netflix are crap no one watches and has around 20 votes on iMDB (bot any of the films you listed, though).

This is one of those films:
Tappy-Toes.png
All of the three racing films I listed, I voted four to five stars. ;)

After watching the Hunt/Lauda film last night, I got inspired and ran across Racing Dreams, a film that chronicles three 11-12 year olds in the karting world. The two boys aspire to be national champions (Junior and Senior divisions) and the girl is making a name for herself. Really good look at the reality of what it takes to make it in motor sports. In a word, money. Talent of course, but money. I saw it free on HULU.

Born 2 race seems like a good alternative towards The Fast and Furious, though the cover and description seems to be off.

Not sure why this post died back in 2014, anyhow, Senna documentary is back again in Netflix and there will be later this year a mini series of Senna as well, with the great Brazilian actor Gabriel Leone (Alfonso de Portago in the Ferrari movie as well).

Not sure why this post died back in 2014, anyhow, Senna documentary is back again in Netflix and there will be later this year a mini series of Senna as well, with the great Brazilian actor Gabriel Leone (Alfonso de Portago in the Ferrari movie as well).
Seems appropriate to post this today

30 years and never forgotten

Back