Pink Floyd
Wrong
Led Zepplin
Wrong
Korn
Wrong
Disturbed
Wrong

I disagree with you on that lot Prosthetic. How can you say Zep, Pink Floyd, and the Stones Overrated????????!!!!!!
These four band's are icons in the rock history and pathed the way for most of the band's that YOU listen to. Without Zep, Deep Purple and the like there would be no Metal as we know it. As for the rest...well...WRONG. I agree with a few other members here in saying that Taylor Swift is overrated. Nuf' Said. Oh and Susan Boyle. As another member has said, if it weren't for the talent show nobody would've noticed nor listened to her. Her singing isn't that crash hot either. If it weren't for the story behind her then many people wouldn't have even noticed her. My 2 Cent's.

Cheers, Cougar23

Last edited:
Susan Boyle is overrated. If it wasn't for Britain's Got Talent nobody would have batted an eyelid if a Scotswoman that sung classical released an album without being in a TV competition.

Gonna jump in here and point out that Susan Boyle was never really rated in the first place. But then I cover my ears whenever she's mentioned, so I'm pretty unaware of whether anyone here actually likes/dislikes/cares about her in the slightest.

Coldplay
Muse
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
Metallica
The Rolling Stones
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Korn
Disturbed
Drowning Pool

Muse is overrated, Disturbed and Drowning Pool are overrated as well. And Coldplay is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too overrated...their latest album "Viva la Vida" it's an absolute shame (They used the best tittle of the world for an album, they used the best painting in the known world (see my avatar) and they ruined it all with their lame, slow, pathetic, and sensless music).

I disagree with you on that lot Prosthetic. How can you say Zep, Pink Floyd, and the Stones Overrated????????!!!!!!
These four band's are icons in the rock history and pathed the way for most of the band's that YOU listen to. Without Zep, Deep Purple and the like there would be no Metal as we know it. As for the rest...well...WRONG. I agree with a few other members here in saying that Taylor Swift is overrated. Nuf' Said. Oh and Susan Boyle. As another member has said, if it weren't for the talent show nobody would've noticed nor listened to her. Her singing isn't that crash hot either. If it weren't for the story behind her then many people wouldn't have even noticed her. My 2 Cent's.

Cheers, Cougar23

But I have to agree with cougar more. U2 isn't overrated (Maybe Bono's charity efforts are overrated, though they're nice), neither is Nirvana, the Stones or Led Zep. I like very much those bands, and they're music isn't overrated, specially since that music doesn't get a lot of media coverage nowadays.

Disliking something is different than saying it's overrated. I hate Metallica and Korn, but I respect them as bands and their fans. They might not be my taste, but I don't call them overrated just by that.

Oh, and Taylor Swift. She's smoking hot but her singing is just another run-of-the-mill pop idol that airheaded teenagers like. She's a tremendous airhed by herself too.

Last edited:

Cheers, Cougar23

I never said Deep Purple... Deep Purple did more for 'Metal' then any of those other bands.. Blue Cheer, Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper and Deep Purple are all IMO more influential then Zep...

I think you guys are BADLY mixing up the word overrrated. Like I said, I'm not saying they are BAD, I'm saying that a majority of the listeners of these bands and the media have cherished these bands beyond anything they have ever done. I love Metallica, but come on they are THE most overrated band of all time. People act as if they were the only metal of the time... Over looking bands like Megadeth, Overkill, Slayer, Sodom, Exodus, Testament, Venom etc.. etc.. Come on...

I love Jimmy Paige and the rest of the crew but they were the 'first' as many claim them to be.

I see your side of the arguement Prosthetic. :) I think it really depends where you are. For instance overrated bands in the US may get little or no covergae in AUS and very little people would know of them, thus leading to a smaller fan base.

Cheers, Cougar23

Coldplay
Muse
Red Hot Chili Peppers
U2
Metallica
The Rolling Stones
Nirvana
Pink Floyd
Led Zepplin
Korn
Disturbed
Drowning Pool

You're trolling right?

Yeah, I'm going to troll when I'm on my last warning...

and for what it's worth I think "Black label society" are very overated. ;)

Grow up. Unless you are prepared to back that statement up...

Gees calm down, I can see from your Last fm account "Black Label Society" are you favorite band, and my comment about them was ment as a joke, (i've never even heard of them) hence the winking smilie. Me grow up? you've listed probably 8 or 9 of the most influential rock bands of the last 30 years, I'm sorry but I still smell a troll ;)

Last edited:
Gees calm down, I can see from your Last fm account "Black Label Society" are you favorite band, and my comment about them was ment as a joke, (i've never even heard of them) hence the winking smilie. Me grow up? you've listed probably 8 or 9 of the most influential rock bands of the last 30 years, I'm sorry but I still smell a troll ;)

If you want to take stabs at me feel free to PM me. But this thread is not the place. I've been a member of this forum for almost 5 years now, and I am not trolling. I have backed up my original post with others so if your going to continue and ignore them then I'll just block you. I really don't care to argue with someone who can't grow up.

And seriously, if you have any problems with anything I post. Just go ahead and report me. Let the mods decide if I'm a big bad troll or not.

@Couger23 Glad we came to an agreement :) Location of where you are is defiantly a very heavy factor.

Any Disney-sponsored/promoted artists. STOP TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE FRIGGIN' WORLD, DISNEY!

Any Disney-sponsored/promoted artists. STOP TRYING TO TAKE OVER THE FRIGGIN' WORLD, DISNEY!

I don't see why they should stop, they have a very good system set up.

1) Find artist who has good looks and a little talent
2) Market the hell out of them
3) Sit back and count the millions of dollars that pour in(while leaving the artist a million or so)
4) Repeat when the artist gets older and loses their appeal.

Lady GAGA....

I cringe whenever I hear songs by her... Her clothing style is whack and weird and people say shes going to be the next Madonna.... PPPPSSsSFfFTTTtTt... Yeah right... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Lady GAGA....

I cringe whenever I hear songs by her... Her clothing style is whack and weird and people say shes going to eb the next Madonna.... PPPPSSsSFfFTTTtTt... Yeah right... :rolleyes:

And to top it all off, she's probably not even female, let alone a Lady...

Lady GAGA....

I cringe whenever I hear songs by her... Her clothing style is whack and weird and people say shes going to be the next Madonna.... PPPPSSsSFfFTTTtTt... Yeah right... :rolleyes:

You cringe whenever you hear a song by her? You act as if you're forced to listen. As of today I've never heard a single song by her and plan to keep it that way for as long as possible. By why assault someones visual style? If they like it.. so be it.

While this thread hasn’t seen any activity in over a decade, but I don’t see anything wrong with bringing it back since it’s a good topic and I haven’t seen any newer topics on this. Anyways, one artist I still find to be fairly overrated is:

Luke Combs.
Although he hasn’t been around too long, he has had 10 singles go to #1 and has become very popular in country music in recent years. My whole family loves him, my sister especially, and they just can’t seem to get enough of him. Some other people I know seem to have similar feelings as well and they act like he’s one of the best things in country music, but I never truly agreed with this. I just think he’s “good” for the most part, better than some artists on the radio nowadays, but not “fantastic”. While I do like him, I don’t have any large incentive to listen to him frequently and I don’t think he’s the best thing out there like everyone else seems to feel about him.

So not only do I not have a lot of incentive to listen to him often, but what’s worse is every hit he comes out with gets overplayed to the point I no longer enjoy listening it. I swear no matter what country station I turn it to around here, I hear his music every freaking hour, sometimes even multiple times an hour and it’s legitimately difficult to get away from him if you listen to the radio often. His song “When It Rains It Pours” is the biggest offender for this and possibly the 2nd most overplayed song of 2017 for me. I still am not too interested to hear it again since it got overplayed so dang much and even one year after it’s release, I still heard it rather frequently, to the point you’d think it’s still new given how they played it.

Like I get he’s a good artist and I know when someone has a hit, it’s going to get played a lot, but come on, he’s not that good. I have no doubt people request this at times and the way I see it is, if people didn’t want to hear him, they wouldn’t play it as much. The fact he’s from my home state is probably another contributing factor.

Now don’t get me wrong, I don’t dislike him, I have listened to the entirety of his album “This One’s For You”, I am aware he has 10 hits go to #1, so he’s definitely a talented artist and he’s gotten even better with his latest album. However, in terms of how good he is, I think it’s been fairly overstated at this point. I just don’t think he’s quite as good as people make him out to be, certainly not the best in country music nowadays and definitely not enough to justify the ridiculous frequency of how often his music gets played.

Last edited:
I think rating music or saying something is overrated is for the young kids (or maybe used to be? Don’t even know what kids are into these days). When I was a teenager or maybe in early twenties, I had lots of opinions on what’s good and what’s bad in terms of music. At that time, if you didn’t listen to rock you sucked, in my book anyway. I’m sure I would label a whole bunch of stuff overrated back then. Now? I enjoy everything from progressive trance to punk rock to jazz to classical, maybe rap artists that I like are few and far between but I can still appreciate some of it. I may not like some of the artists, but a lot of times it’s about being in the right place at the right time, which I guess could make some people put the overrated label.

In any case, one thing I can say is that modern music, specifically pop, is a lot less skillful than it used to be. A lot of auto tune, not every artist knows how to sing or play instruments. So in that sense you could say modern pop music is overrated, but I wouldn’t say that.

Black pink is the most disturbingly overrated group on Earth and they don't even make any music at all, just noise. They seriously need to disband.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back