PS Plus violates Anti Trust Law

• Thread starter GTshaman
  • 14 comments
United States
United States
The price for PS Plus is absurdly high these days.
I have an internet connection and shouldn't need to PS Plus to play games online.
I believe Sony is violating Anti Trust Laws and monopolizing the online access for customers.
We should start a class action lawsuit against Sony.

IMG_1268.jpeg

After you are finished with Sony and finally destroying the scam that is PSN…. Please work on Netflix next! I already pay for internet, I don’t have to pay for the online services I use

I think someone took "This is criminal" abit too literally.

I think someone took "This is criminal" abit too literally.
Well what competition does PS Plus have? At the very least the game author or publisher should be able to provide their own online access for their game. Sony has a literal monopoly over online access to 3rd party games.

Except there are plenty of games where I actually didn't need PS Plus for Online sooo....

Last edited:
Sooo... other considerations aside... (like, hey, hasn't Xbox been doing this for 20+ years, and no, not even PlayStation only selling you digital games through its own store violates anti-trust [per a 2022 ruling on this exact thing])...

You don't need PS Plus to access online portions of games.

You need PS Plus (and Xbox Core) to access direct, head-to-head online multiplayer portions of many games (pretty much anything classed as a full-price release).

Free-to-play titles have no such requirement, and you can play online multiplayer in titles like Apex Legends, Call of Duty Warzone, Destiny 2, Fall Guys, Fortnite, Overwatch 2, Rocket League, World of Tanks, and so on without a PS Plus subscription.

Imagine being so upset by the price or even the concept, of having to pay for playing games online (ignoring Xbox live, who literally had this concept first before PSN did) that you somehow consider it an actual violation of Anti-Trust law...without knowing what even is Anti-Trust Law.

Again, taking "This is criminal" too literally.

“The price for PS Plus is absurdly high these days.”

So if it was cheap, it would be okay? Don’t spend your money on things you do not want to spend your money on.

I have an internet connection and shouldn't need to PS Plus to play games online.
I believe Sony is violating Anti Trust Laws and monopolizing the online access for customers.
Let me know how you get on with that.

There are dozens of online games on Playstation that don't need PS Plus. There is no monopoly in that regard.

The publisher/developer of an online game can choose whether to host the game themselves and manage their own lobby system etc, or they can choose to host on Playstation Network.

Back