Ps5 pro rumor

• Thread starter Jtheripper
  • 63 comments
Should add 16g at least ram memory, coh3 is another game ported from pc that gets stunted because of this lack, no in-game replays because of tech limitations..
And cpu bump wouldn't hurt.
But they add rt and higher res..

I still fail to see the point for the average consumer. I don't think it'll outright flop - people like having the best of something, even if they don't really need what its offering or even know what it actually does - but it'll be a hard sell, especially as there are still cross-gen games coming which are feature complete and provide the same experiences as the versions on the current systems, even if they don't look quite as nice and the loading is slow as hell.
PS5 Pro is not for the average consumer. It’s for the 20% of gamers that want the best console experience. PS4 Pro sold some 20m units at a premium price. There’s also the fact Xbox won’t offer a mid-gen upgrade so you’ll get lots of tech enthusiasts jumping over to PS5 Pro.

PS5/Series X games are now severely compromised with options for Quality & Performance modes. Image quality in Performance mode is often sub 1080p which is unacceptable on modern TV’s. RT performance is also very poor on current gen machines.

The jump in RT performance and PSSR (Sony’s version of DLSS) should offer a much bigger jump from PS5 to PS5 Pro. PS4 to PS4 Pro was basically a resolution bump.

There is mention that the Pro GPU will allow for visual effects the base PS5 GPU can not do. With PSVR2 highlighted as potential benefactor. Due to enhanced API features.

I think the release of the PS5 PRO and XBOX not getting anything is a good thing as I heard Microsoft are going sooner to their next new generation that is very powerful, this may cause Sony to hasten PS6, which is fine by me.

Last edited:
There is mention that the Pro GPU will allow for visual effects the base PS5 GPU can not do. With PSVR2 highlighted as potential benefactor. Due to enhanced API features.

I think the release of the PS5 PRO and XBOX not getting anything is a good thing as I heard Microsoft are going sooner to their next new generation that is very powerful, this may cause Sony to hasten PS6, which is fine by me.
Xbox’s only credible hardware options are a handheld or system closer to PC. In other words a machine that won’t be subsidised and be particularly niche.

Either way I don’t see Microsoft being a significant player in the console space after this gen. Not when it looks like all their titles will come to PlayStation and (possibly) Nintendo platforms.

Latest Posts

Back