SEAT/Cupra Discussion

• Thread starter 05XR8
  • 18 comments
Cupra Born debuts as a sportier alternative to the VW ID.3 - Features up to 228hp and a 77kWh battery.
cupra-born-2021.jpg

cupra-born-2021.jpg

cupra-born-2021.jpg

cupra-born-2021.jpg

I've seen my very first new Cupra (standalone Cupra version, not the old Cupra) a few days ago. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice looking car.

That EV looks fantastic. Too bad it's based on the crappy ID4.

Last edited:
That EV looks fantastic. Too bad it's based on the crappy ID4.

The Born is more closely related to the ID.3 hatchback - The ID.4 sits on the same platform, but in the form factor of a Crossover.

The whole Cupra thing is incredibly confusing to me. For the most part they're performance versions of Seats, but there's also the Formentor, which doesn't have a Seat equivalent. It's supposed to be a performance brand, but the Formentor comes with engines with as little as 150hp. Then there's the Born, which also has a low-end 148hp version and there's going to be a Seat Born as well. It just seems like a bit of a mess when it comes to brand identity.

The whole Cupra thing is incredibly confusing to me. For the most part they're performance versions of Seats, but there's also the Formentor, which doesn't have a Seat equivalent. It's supposed to be a performance brand, but the Formentor comes with engines with as little as 150hp. Then there's the Born, which also has a low-end 148hp version and there's going to be a Seat Born as well. It just seems like a bit of a mess when it comes to brand identity.

What Cupra is doing with the Born is the strangest aspect for me. I'd understand if the intention was to only have the Born sit alongside the ID.3 as the variants with a more emotional design, but a Seat (with the design of the el-Born concept) would pretty much take up the same slot as the Cupra, especially if they all come in the entry-level 148hp configuration.

I saw a Leon today, it is on my dashcam. The copper colored parts are very nice IRL.

It interesting how good looking this is, when it is simply an ID.3 with a nicer front and rear. Just shows how the design language VW have come up with for the ID range is a bit underwhelming.

Updated Cupra UrbanRebel Concept revealed, Set to go on sale in 2025 as a replacement for the Seat Mii Electric (based on the VW ID.2)

Debuts alongside production models of the Tavascan EV and Terramar PHEV SUVs
cuprarangeh-1-1390x728.jpg

Not bad.

2023 Cupra Born drive-away pricing by state:

Australian Capital Territory$61,990
New South Wales$62,490
Northern TerritoryN/A
Queensland$63,490
South Australia$64,490
TasmaniaN/A
Victoria$64,990
Western Australia$66,490

Well, this is surprising. Cupra confirms US debut by the end of the decade. The two announced products are the midsized Formentor CUV and an all new full-sized SUV designed specifically for the US.

It really is that easy to head of Stellantis’s wishy washy business decisions.

Latest Posts

Back