**SERIES ON HOLD** SNAIL Michelin Pilot SuperCar Challenge, "PS5 Users ONLY",GS/GT4 Spec'd MR/RR SupercarsDraft 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 49 comments
Since we had talks about the tuning calculator. I am going to experiment with it for the remainder of the season. If it proves to be worthy, then I’ll try and do a tutorial explaining how I would utilize it for our application. Then maybe the guys who want to spend the money on this thing can have it at their disposal. Anyone else who has this, I know Nyati does. If you don’t care to put your 2 cents in on it, I’d appreciate it. I think it could be a really good tool for everyone. Especially beginners that are lost. I have used it some and I like it. It isn’t as good as a guy who can tune well. At least not that I’ve saw yet. But I have yet to master the thing. So we’ll see.

IMG_2460.jpeg

First testing session done. I’ve tried Praiano’s tunes and I am by no means an expert but are wild most notably with the rear ride height jacked up to the max and the front slammed to the ground. My lap times are pretty close but the cars feel quite different. The 911 is not my cup of tea and feels so unstable, the Corvette, the 650S and the Lambo understeers like crazy but the times are fast and the GT, NSX and 458 are neutral ish and rotate well.

For the moment, I’m leaning toward the GT but I’ll do some more testing before committing to a car.

Will we have example tunes like we have in the current series ? Those are helpful for terrible tuners like me, Praiano tunes seems to exploit the physics with the weird drag racing stance.

All that rake is messing with you. Let the cars be what they are. Go even, you’re trying to throw all that weight forward. Just try and use good common sense with your tuning. You know when you Jack the rear up, you’re exposing more of the rear spoiler. Which causes drag. Then, you have that nose pinned down and the rear jacked. How do you think that weight transfer is going to work out when you slam the brakes on? The biggest differences you’re experiencing are the downforce packages differ. I bet you took DF off the nose of the C8 and the 650 didn’t you? Yeah, I’ll try and get some base tunes over to Nova. I bet if you go to a different form of track. Things will jumble up. Lol

Last edited:
For me this is like that EF Hutton commercial “When Nova puts on a race….”

PSN ID: Ducatirobb
GTPlanet ID: Bologna_Duc
Car Number: 88
PS5 Platform: answer "yes" or "no" Yes
Car: answer with selected car or reply "TBD" TBD

“ bring up the topic to guys like Duc and other tuners.”

This was very kind and over generous. I’m totally winging it. I’ve learned to feel the car better and tweak settings with a very general and vague idea of what might be effective. I’m happy to share what works for me.

But I feel it’s important to point out that even the best drivers on the planet in F1 struggle for a bit when they move to a different car. So driving style does make a difference even in the same car and tune. What works for me might not work for someone else.

After I pick my car I’ll report back here what changes I make from base, my rationale for why I made those changes fwiw, and any lap time differentials.

Looks good! I need to get a few more liveries made for the C8.
Well, we have the update. I’m going to see how things go tonight. I may end up doing an open test for next season’s cars at Blue moon. If anyone wants to turn some laps and test, maybe do some sprints with the new class. I’d be willing to help them iron out some wrinkles if needed.

Last edited:
@Nyati_Jumapil yours is a stunner as well. Did you make it all by yourself ? Either way, the tree on the side looks amazing !

Thanks for the comments about my livery, I’m very fond of anything retro 70’s to 90’s. Can’t wait to race my lambo !

Last edited:
@Nyati_Jumapil yours is a stunner as well. Did you make it all by yourself ? Either way, the tree on the side looks amazing !

Thanks for the comments about my livery, I’m very fond of anything retro 70’s to 90’s. Can’t wait to race my lambo !
Thanks! Yeah I did that one myself...I've been practicing a lot recently with shading which I think helps this one. I do have problems getting things I want to use in the game. Still trying to 100% figure that one out.

Did some "overseas" testing over the weekend. ;)

Last edited:
I have a 458 base tune and livery if anyone is interested. I actually got a faster lap time with the 458 over the MC20, but the MC20 seemed like it had more development "room" to me. Seems like all the car choices are very close already.

I present to you the Rothmans Lamborghini team.

View attachment 1295971
View attachment 1295972
View attachment 1295973
View attachment 1295975

I took an existing one and added the prerequisite decals...I'm absolutely not that good at liveries.
Been a while since I’ve peeked into this thread. Wow man. This one is special. He was pushing so dang hard to out pace Schumacher. Then it was over. I’ll never forget that one, never. He just didn’t care a whole lot for ole Schumacher. It’s still hard for me to stomach to this day.

Last edited:
Back