SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 720 comments
View attachment 1322505
(in order of Championship Final Season Standings after Event #2)
Award Recognition
Checkered Flag = Single Race Wins
Track Map Outline = Overall Event Wins

Post Race Report and Scoring
Event #2 at Watkins Glen Long Course

Watkins Glen served up some amazing battles across both races once the nerves settled down after a few incidents. Qualifying saw a very tight grouping of times with less than a second difference from pole to 14th place....less than 0.5 sec across the top 8. This seeemed to set up the battles in both races.
Race 1 started on the sloppy side with an opening Turn 1 incident that resulted in a caution, followed immediately by a Race director's discretionary caution as we went be to green. Once we re-grouped and went back to green for a second time, everyone settled into some good tough racing. I started 9th and fell to 13th on the caution, but once we went back to steady green, I went to work. With drivers battling in front of me, this allowed me to close in an go on the attack....as many will agree, the right hander after the bus stop was my "kill zone", taking at least 3 positions from 3 different drivers in this corner. By the time Race 1 was finished, I managed to make it up a very respectable and hard earned 7th place.
Race 2 got underway a bit more cleanly, but ran into trouble later in the race that intiated a caution. After clearing a few positions later in the race, I found myself behind my teammate @Chris Kelley /Warmachine. I tried every way possible to close for an attack, but did have to be careful with a fast approaching @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara getting closer and closer. This ended in 4th place finish in race 2 and a 4th place overall on the event. Anyway, those were my races with many more battles and details left to be explained. Race broadcasts will be available for viewing, but you can view the actual replays through the search tag: snailgt3cup. Feel free to elaborate on any battle/exchanges you may have shared.
Despite some notably aggressive incidents, overall it was a great night of racing for most of us.

Isolated and minimal lag/jittering was present across the field, but was overall manageable.

Now for Scoring:
Congratulations to @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara on the Overall Win on the night. With 4th and 5th place finishes across the event night, this was a testament that just outright wnning is not the only possible way to earn an overall win on the night, but that consistency is what can afford anyone the possiblity...Well Done :cheers:

Also, Congratulations to our Top 3 Overall:
1st: @Buffalo_DRD /DRD_Niagara
2nd: @Fudman420 / Fudman420
3rd: @Noob01_lmdead / Rauljimenez76

Awards:
@Buffalo_DRD , please apply a "white" track map decal of Watkins Glen to your driver side quarter window in recognition of your overall Event #2 win.
@Fudman420 and @Harry Rowley , please apply the checkered flag decal linked below in recognition of each of winning a race in Event #2.>>>> Awards Link for Details and Decals
Series main Spotters Guide and Driver Profile page has been updated in order of driver standings with award tags and overall podium placemnet acknowledgements.>>>Driver Profile Page and Spotter's Guide
View attachment 1322506View attachment 1322509
(shaded boxed scores are not eligible as drop scores as a result of issued penalties)

View attachment 1322507

Below is the PP Regulation changes after Event #2. Drivers with changes noted, please adjust and tune accordingly.
Race Lobby PP Max Regulation for Event #3 remains set to 741.00 PP
(Please be sure to set Max PP correctly, as noted above, for practice lobbies to allow those drivers with concessions to enter)

Next Event (#3) Driver Regulations is noted in the far right column.
View attachment 1322508

Race 1 and 2 Replay Broadcasts to be linked
Event #2 Race Broadcasts << Link

Next Event:
Date: February 9th, 2024 at 9pm est
Track: WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca
Conditions: S12, Sunny with Lots of Monsoon Clouds
Laps: 22 laps per race
Target Lap Times: low to mid 1:23's
(See Section 1, Tab 1.3 for Lobby Settings)
Additional details in the next post

Great racing everyone. Looking forward to our next event. We already have 19 drivers confirmed for Event #3. Be sure to confirm your attendance to secure reserve priority for our next event. See you guys for some practice over the coming weeks.
1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
18. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
19. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
20. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)
21. DUB-L-DEE / @DublDee (#44)
22. L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)
23. F1vargas / @f1vargas (#27)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster/2nd Series Roster
(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#96)
Usually nova lists the drivers in order that they confirmed for the next round. FYI if you didn't know after the race the top 16 to confirm for the next round are in the field. If I'm reading it right you are 20th atm.

I'm calling a 22.3 for pole and laps from the 22.3- 23.7ish for pace. This track can be really tough to pass. I was able to win a few practice races last night with a 22.8 just because folks were fighting and I was able to pull away. Phlano and dub would have had me by lap 12 or 13. Keep her on the track will be my focus.
Would be interesting to see one of the fast guys on Rm with the power hit. The power deficiency makes passing tough for t1 or the top of the hill before the screw or the last turn almost impossible. Bologna_Duc and I had a few drag races up the hill and the little hp advantage he has helped while the guy on rm really has to adjust braking.
That being said there are a few creative spots rm can make a pass stick. I was also seeing decent wear on the rm outside tires by lap 11.

Last edited:
Wait what, Im on 728.17pp. I can choose to be on RM? 😱 I spent the whole week practicing and setting up the car on RM and i've reached some amount of consistency. I know for sure I would be faster on RM but now Im wondering if ill just mess things up if I switch last minute
Be sure your pp value is at or under the 728.00pp regualtion. May need to manipulate the computer and power restrictor some to get closer.
As for the RM to RH debate, staying with RH will yield a bump in hp for the straights, but the question is, is it enough to execute an overtake on the short Laguna Seca course? It is a tough call, but decision should rest on where you see the better confidence and the better opportunity for the most overtake options.

What is the final entry list for tomorrow? Are reservers on the Ps4 server?
At the moment of this reply, we are still stacked with a full grid for tonight. @Phlano099 will be the first Reserve to bump in to cover an absence with younon deck behind him. Both of you should be on the ready for any last minute drops. In the event no one is absent for the main race lobby, you fellas would default to the secondary PS4 race room.
Screenshot_20240209_075414_Sheets.jpg

Last edited:
I'm surprised no one has talked about Hamilton going to Ferrari yet. I still can't decide if it's a lateral move or has hammy decided merc isn't making the right changes? I'd personally like to see him finish his career with a title or 2 in red.

I'm surprised no one has talked about Hamilton going to Ferrari yet. I still can't decide if it's a lateral move or has hammy decided merc isn't making the right changes? I'd personally like to see him finish his career with a title or 2 in red.
don't like the guy

Well all I can say is Lewis better get used to making the strategy calls from the car because Ferrari team/engineers had a tough time making any calls last season….pretty much left up to Charles and Carlos to make decisions.
Regardless the Dutchman will dominate again!!!
If it ain’t Dutch, it ain’t much!

Well all I can say is Lewis better get used to making the strategy calls from the car because Ferrari team/engineers had a tough time making any calls last season….pretty much left up to Charles and Carlos to make decisions.
Regardless the Dutchman will dominate again!!!
If it ain’t Dutch, it ain’t much!
Ferrari going to Ferrari haha. Sure made me wonder if he is leaving because of the car or because Ferrari is giving him a reported 100 million pounds per season on top of investing in his other stuff. I listen to a podcast that has a former redbull employee called the engine braking podcast and he had a guest from Italy claiming it had been in the works for a couple of seasons.

Be sure your pp value is at or under the 728.00pp regualtion. May need to manipulate the computer and power restrictor some to get closer.
As for the RM to RH debate, staying with RH will yield a bump in hp for the straights, but the question is, is it enough to execute an overtake on the short Laguna Seca course? It is a tough call, but decision should rest on where you see the better confidence and the better opportunity for the most overtake options.

At the moment of this reply, we are still stacked with a full grid for tonight. @Phlano099 will be the first Reserve to bump in to cover an absence with younon deck behind him. Both of you should be on the ready for any last minute drops. In the event no one is absent for the main race lobby, you fellas would default to the secondary PS4 race room.
View attachment 1326669
Ok understood! Thanks for the tip on ecu + power restrictor.
Able to hit 727.93 but that’s about as best as it can get seems like.

That was great practice last night, I was making some slight adjustments before the last practice race I ran, and was able to get a personal best of 1:22.323.
The weird thing is with my current setup, it seems the car doesn’t really come to life until about lap 12-15 ish, then I’m able to run pretty consistent high 22’s - low 23’s.
Anybody else noticing the same or is it just my setup?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I’m having an awful time at Laguna so I’m going to cancel and let Phlano go. Hopefully I won’t be so bad at the next one. Have fun y’all.

Edit: If you need a back marker to help fill out the 2nd lobby I could do that.

Last edited:
Event #3 Drivers Meeting

Grid Business
Good evening to everyone who will be attending tonight's event at Laguna Seca. Apologies for the late drivers meeting...first week of new job. We have a full grid confirmed for tonight with one PS5 Reserve available. @Mdaddio79 , you can race with the PS4 group tonight pending any last minute drops.

ALL drivers from both rooms should submit their spec sheets to my PSN: NOVA-0479 between the time that the room opens and the start of qualifying.
I'd ask all drivers to make sure they are running a wired connection in any way possible and to clear their network cache before entering the race room to avoid any issues. It seems the online lobbies run based on the slowest running system and/or internet speed in the room....basically throttles everyone down which appears to cause the instability we have experienced in the past. Let's try to head off any of these issues and optimize everything on our own ends that we can to help. For those with faster internet service speeds (over 200mbps+), it seems there are less issues with stability. For those on slower internet speeds or forced to run wirelessly, their network appears to be affected more when other in the household are online and pulling from the service speed. See this link to optimize your network priority for the gaming, and try to reduce internet usage (if possible) elsewhere in the house when racing.

Pace looks very close across the field, and with the varying levels of driver skill and power levels, the racing should be active and even more nerve racking. Get them final practice laps in, and be ready for tonight.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots, and we have 23 drivers on the PS5 roster, 16 for tonight. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Watkins Glen:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line...they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Chicanes and S Section of track: There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these section, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to gp side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for Laguna Seca.

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Here are the current room split.
@Chris Kelley was confirmed, but has dropped out for tonight. @Phlano099 , as 1st Reserve, you are on the grid.
@Mdaddio79 posted that he is forfieting his spot for tonight since he believes he is off the pace. @theharieffect , you are now on the grid as the final driver in the primary race room for tonight.
@Mdaddio79 , please be one the ready to jump into the PS5 main room if called . If not needed, you will run the secondary race lobby with the PS4 drivers.
Secondary room will need a host. Someone please volunteer to host the PS4 secondary room for tonight.

Here is the confirmation list and room split.
Screenshot_20240209_195133_Sheets.jpg

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:
See chart above for driver regulations and grid priority status.
The driver list below is not the priority order, only driver tagging for the post.
NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#6)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD (#78)
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
15. Fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
16. Roman_GT23 / @Roman_GT23 (#23)
17. Valex997 / @Valex (#46)
18. MDaddio79 / @Mdaddio79 (#79)
19. GentlemanRacing / @Clean Racer (#19)
20. theharieffect / @theharieffect (??)
21. DUB-L-DEE / @DublDee (#44)
22. L-L-B_1993 / @Louis3986 (#777)
23. F1vargas / @f1vargas (#27)

PS4 Reserve Driver Roster/2nd Series Roster
(PS5 Confirmed Reserves will overflow to 2nd Series Lobby when available) available)
(no priority order)

1.) fruitloop31 / @fruitloop31 (#77)
2.) Xrad-11 / @Xradkins (#11)
3.) FREEREVN / @FREEREVN (#7)
4.) Yugofan / @Yugofan (#66)
5.) AxxE_93 / @Azkaz (#93)
6.) pudnick / @Pudnick (#??)

Damn it. Tried my best to make it work, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight 😪.
I would have to leave in he middle-ish of race 2 and don't want to have to do that

Damn it. Tried my best to make it work, but I'm not going to be able to make it tonight 😪.
I would have to leave in he middle-ish of race 2 and don't want to have to do that
Thanks for the notice, and sorry we'll miss you tonight.
@Mdaddio79 , you are now back onto the main race room grid tonight. Please reply so I know you got this. See everyone in a few minutes

Thanks for the race !
It was a 4 horse race , a bit lonely but fun nevertheless

Confirming for Round 4 (Hoping there's a bit more overflow into the PS4 lobby next month around )

Back