SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge (using new 992 GT3), Season Champ: Sand_68, Congratulations on the Win and a Great Season!!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 720 comments
Here is my Kelly-Moss R&R Livery:
View attachment 1301730View attachment 1301731View attachment 1301732View attachment 1301729

Now just waiting for replies for potential team mates.
Great representation with that livery! I actually designed two different liveries and could not choose between them. This one is really close to one that I did, so this really helped me make my decision. lol.

It's is a Norm's restaurant sponsored car. Norm's is my favorite breakfast diner chain from my hometown of Los Angeles. They have been around since the 50s

Attachments

• 18baaa0d89a96-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18baaa0d89a96-screenshotUrl.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 18baa9f27f13-screenshotUrl.jpg
    18baa9f27f13-screenshotUrl.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 7
Great representation with that livery! I actually designed two different liveries and could not choose between them. This one is really close to one that I did, so this really helped me make my decision. lol.

It's is a Norm's restaurant sponsored car. Norm's is my favorite breakfast diner chain from my hometown of Los Angeles. They have been around since the 50s
Look great. Be sure to apply the correct wheels. BBS RE-CL in standard 20/21 and standard offset and width. Otherwise, the livery is spot on.

I’ve been monitoring the SNAIL forums for quite some time, I think what you guys do is really cool but never really signed up for anything like this for several reasons:

1) My DR is low B so worried I’m too slow but I take lots of pride in my perfect SR rating. I make mistakes but I’d rather put myself into a concrete wall rather than cause something to ruin other people‘s races.
2) Driving kids around to youth sports practice every night sometimes makes it hard for me to commit to this kind of thing.
3) Never done anything in GT7 Multiplayer Lobbies. Not even sure how it works.

But that being said, I’m interested in this enough that I’ve taken the steps to create my livery. As the dates become finalized, if I see I can’t commit, I’ll be upfront about it and won’t waste your time. Maybe I’ll look at the other series SNAIL racing does. (Division 2 stuff..)

PSN ID: DRD_Niagara
GTPlanet ID: Buffalo_DRD
Car Number: #78
PS5 Platform: YES

As for the my livery, any feedback on whether or not it conforms to the series, please let me know.
IMG_4385.jpg
IMG_4386.jpg
IMG_4387.jpg
IMG_4388.jpg

I’ve been monitoring the SNAIL forums for quite some time, I think what you guys do is really cool but never really signed up for anything like this for several reasons:

1) My DR is low B so worried I’m too slow but I take lots of pride in my perfect SR rating. I make mistakes but I’d rather put myself into a concrete wall rather than cause something to ruin other people‘s races.
2) Driving kids around to youth sports practice every night sometimes makes it hard for me to commit to this kind of thing.

But that being said, I’m interested in this enough that I’ve taken the steps to create my livery. As the dates become finalized, if I see I can’t commit, I’ll be upfront about it and won’t waste your time. Maybe I’ll look at the other series SNAIL racing does. (Division 2 stuff..)

As for the my livery, any feedback on whether or not it conforms to the series, please let me know.
View attachment 1301834View attachment 1301835View attachment 1301836View attachment 1301837
Let me start by saying welcome and glad you found us. SNAIL is a great community of clean racers of all skillsets that I'm sure you will find a home with.
Secondly, your livery is spot-on perfect. Great job!
Now to address some of your points:
-Your mindset regarding clean racing is exactly what our series and SNAIL is all about, so you're a shoe in there.
- As for being new to GT7 Multiplayer, spending some time with us will certainly give you a fast track to getting acclimated. With parity being a principal of this series, pace is not the most important factor, rather..its lap consistency and minimal mistakes. Focus on that, and you will be fine.
-Scheduling: I'm in the same boat...young family and busy life does not afford the time for weekly series and the practice required to be competitive. This series is one event / month which allows plenty of time for little doses of practice and preparation leading up to race nights. We run on Friday nights at 9pm est, and allow for 1 drop score in the standings. Simply communicate your intentions to race between the most recent event and the upcoming event. Grid spots are on a 1st come 1st serve basis...confirm early.
There is no requirement that you must race all events, but I do ask for communication.

With all that said, your entry and livery have been accepted. Take a look at the roster, and feel free to shoot out psn friend invites to those drivers....that is the best way to get to know everyone and begin some practicing.
I will have a time trial post up in the next day or so that I will tag everyone on. Keep an eye out for that, and run as instructed. Again, welcome to our group and series, and I look forward to racing with you.

Tuning List Amendment
All drivers tagged,
The required parts/upgrade list has been changed to only allowing the Close Ratio-Hi transmission for this series. When changing to the Close Ratio- Low, it changes the PP to a lower value, giving allowance for more HP. This potentially could be a loophole to circumvent the parity values once the season is underway. So to keep things uniform and less complicated, we will only be using the Close Ratio -Hi Transmission for this series.

Scoring Changes
Also wanted to make sure everyone saw and was aware that the scoring potential has changed from a maximum of 70 points (2 wins x 35 points each race) to 75 points for a perfect sweep.
35 points)/race x 2 races = 70 points
3 points for Pole Position
1 point/race for fast lap x 2 = 2 points
Just in case it was overlooked.

Time Trial Instructions:
Open Online Lobby using the Lobby settings noted in Section 1.3 of the 1st Post.
Track: Lago Maggiore GP
Conditions: Afternoon, SO1

Run approximately 10-15 laps or until some consistency is established. Screenshot your lap history along with your timing display box showing fastest lap and optimal lap. Then send that to me via psn message. I will review, and will return an adjusted PP regulation for you to retest. Drivers that fall in the median 0.7 second window of each other will be the average and will make up the PRO-AM class. They will not be required to test further. Any outliers hi or low will be adjusted and will require additional time trial data. Please make your best efforts to give the time trial your best attempt but most consistent attempt. This will ensure we get the best parity to start the season that we can. Feel free to start running now.

NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#19)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD
14. @Harry Rowley

Last edited:

View attachment 1301834View attachment 1301835View attachment 1301836View attachment 1301837
When you get a chance, please grab a driver side profile picture over the white background and send to me for your driver profile picture. Thanks

llNovall

I just did your time trial and submitted my results via PSN. What a great car to drive, this series will be awesome ! I didn't use DRS and honestly I would be OK with banning the use of it. It gets tiring to hold the button on my wheel. Just my two cents.

@Buffalo_DRD Welcome to the league fellow Canadian ;) With your attitude you will immediately feel at home here whereas having fun and racing clean is the priority instead of winning like in sport mode. Also, lobby racing isn't much different, you just need to join and follow our rules. Nothing complicated. By the way, we should make a Canada team if you want.

llNovall

I just did your time trial and submitted my results via PSN. What a great car to drive, this series will be awesome ! I didn't use DRS and honestly I would be OK with banning the use of it. It gets tiring to hold the button on my wheel. Just my two cents.

@Buffalo_DRD Welcome to the league fellow Canadian ;) With your attitude you will immediately feel at home here whereas having fun and racing clean is the priority instead of winning like in sport mode. Also, lobby racing isn't much different, you just need to join and follow our rules. Nothing complicated. By the way, we should make a Canada team if you want.
A formal announcement regarding DRS will be out tomorrow...I agree.

Yeah, DRS should be banned. Some guys have rigs where they could just toggle it on. They don’t have to hold a button. I haven’t tried it, but im sure I could just flip a toggle switch. That’s not fair.

DRS PROHIBITED ANNOUNCEMENT

As many drivers have become aware, the 992 Porsche GT3RS comes with DRS capability. There was consideration for using this in the series, however, since it requires holding the button the entire time it's engaged rather than a single button input and DRS hold until braking begins, we will NOT be using this option for the series.
DRS PROHIBITED
-It is suggested to ALL drivers to remove the "Overtake" option from your button layout all together to avoid accidental inputs for the DRS.
-DRS usage will be peer to peer governed with drivers being asked to report ANY witnessed usage of the DRS (open and closure of the rear wing). Any IR's reported for this will be reviewed along with any witnessed during replay playbacks/broadcasts.
-Accidental (quick open/close) inputs will likely be dismissed as no advantage would be gained. Again, I suggest removing the option.

PENALTY for any Sustained usage (ANYTHING more than a quick accidental open/close):
1.) Disqualification for that entire event, and
2.) DQ'd event will NOT be eligible as a drop score for the season, and
3.)
25 Points will be deducted from your overall Season Standings score.

This Ruleset has been added to the 1st post as it's own dedicated Link.
Please make ever effort to ensure that your spoiler is not capable of opening/closing.

NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. GTP_Worstdriver / @Worst_Driver (#13)
3. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
4. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
5. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
6. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
7. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
8. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)
9. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
10. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
11. Gurney_67 / @Gurney67 (#67)
12. jlbowler / @JLBowler (#19)
13. DRD_Niagara / @Buffalo_DRD
14. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)

Last edited:
@Worst_Driver Thank you for your kinds words. I’m honored at your suggestion that we should form a team. Know beforehand that you might be sacrificing a team championship but if you’re willing to overlook that, I say let’s do it.

I have noticed you sport the Fleur-de-lis on your livery. The liveries in my gallery always discretely show a small green one (drapeau franco-ontarien) as French is my mother tongue.

Last edited:
Base livery. Will update class color when assigned. Team logo to be added as well.

View attachment 1302031View attachment 1302032View attachment 1302033View attachment 1302034
That Coca Cola looks great as always. 2 small little details for the sake of uniformity.
-Please color the entire spoiler black on top and bottom...Porsche decal in white and placement is perfect.
-Please color the GT logo on the spoiler winglets to white. They will remain white regardless of class coloring details.
Resubmit a final side profile shot over the white background and you're all set. Nice work, and I like the new red color you chose...looks just like an aluminum Coke can color.

Driver Profiles

PSN ID: NOVA-0479
GTPlanet ID: llNovall
Car Number: 4
Team: Kelly-Moss R&R

View attachment 1302340

PSN ID: GTP_Worstdriver
GTPlanet ID: Worst_Driver
Car Number: 13
PS5 Platform: Yes
Team: TBD